All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS CURE????? - Please somebody check out this webiste
      #346801 - 06/03/09 02:07 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I ran across this through one of my digestive health newsletters. This web page offers a cure for IBS but of course you have to purchase the report for $19.95. May all be a crock of poop

Please someone check it out and tell me what you think! Thanks!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS CURE????? - Please somebody check out this webiste new
      #346804 - 06/03/09 02:47 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

Personally I think its a bunch poo and he is just trying to make money like those others sites do. But that is my thoughts on it lol

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#346805 - 06/03/09 03:38 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

Looks interesting, I just worry that all the information in there is stuff we already know or have tried. On the other hand it is only 20.00 and you get your money back.

#346809 - 06/03/09 06:32 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Sounds like a total scam. I'm all for alternative cures, but western doctors aren't idiots, if something out there worked to cure everyone of IBS they'd know about it and you wouldn't need $20 to find out through a website.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#346821 - 06/04/09 06:26 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Thanks, guys! Great input. I thought it was a scam too, but I wanted a second opinion before I said it!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#346849 - 06/04/09 01:48 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

While I agree that it sounds like a scam (I wouldn't pay 20 dollars, or any amount, for it), I don't think that just because "doctors" don't already know about such methods to help one get well again, or if they do have head knowledge of such things, yet don't promote it as part of their practice, doesn't mean there can't be value/truth in it. I got well again after 8 years of UC after following an antifungal diet (I still have IBS-D tendancies so I continue to eat a modified version of that diet to keep my symptoms away), after research and experimenting on my own. None of my doctors ever once offered such an theory (fungus) to be the culprit of my symptoms. They actually discounted it and poo-pooed it when I brought the possibility up to them. Does that mean fungus doesn't exist, or cause health problems? As well, the fungal premise/diet from which I learned is offered FREE on a website that represents the author's research. People are also hesitant to try new things that are even free, especially when it appears so easy (except for giving up the one thing they love the most...-their favorite foods!)and doesn't cost anything. Or, will put it down before trying it themselves.

We cling to the comfort of the doctor always being right, but we sometimes need to take our health into our own hands. Doctors are definitely necessary in our world, but they don't always know everything. They are practically taught how to diagnose symptoms and prescribe medications.

Re: IBS CURE????? - Please somebody check out this website new
      #346871 - 06/04/09 07:18 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Kim, I agree actually! I've tried many alternate health methods and am even a practitioner of one method - but the promise of this site to reveal the secret cure for $20 got me riled up. What I meant is that if there were a cure for EVERYONE with IBS as this site claims, we'd all (including western MD's) be interested and know about it by now. We know from each other on this site that what gets labeled IBS can be totally different in each person - with so many different ways of treating it from hypnotherapy to antifungal diets! (That was a new one for me, I'm going to read up on it a bit!) So glad you found something that worked for you!

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Kim- DITTO!!!! -nt new
      #346896 - 06/05/09 07:41 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 408 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2214

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review