All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
What would you do to keep a klondike bar away from you?
      #346475 - 05/28/09 01:31 PM

Unregistered

I was thinking of the slogan what would you do for a klondike bar? I was thinking klondike bars are bad,I want them out of my site. I would avoid looking at them in the freezer..I would tell my dad don't even talk about klondike bars,as he is eating one and offering me some.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What would you do to keep a klondike bar away from you? new
      #346485 - 05/28/09 06:27 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I would eat it and then I wouldn't have to see it anymore.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#346502 - 05/29/09 06:42 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Then your tummy wouldn't love you anymore .

I would tell them to keep them in another freezer. I don't know why but for some reason my parents have two refrigerators and a deep freeze. I used to keep my food out in the second fridge so that I wouldn't have to look at all their good food all day.

But if you don't have that option, I would suggest to them to not buy them anymore. Explain to them why. If they won't quit buying them, then poot on them, but they should acknowledge your wishes and understand why they are such temptations that are evil . Then, once you get used to not eating them, see if you can go to the freezer and resist!

HTH

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#346636 - 06/01/09 08:54 AM

Unregistered

yea,it's hard to resist when everywhere u go,ther's no no food everywhere. But I feel you can't tell people what to do because one has ibs. I don't think it's their problem one can't control themselves Maybe telling everyone not to ask me if I want some of their food because I don't want to be tempted,would help.

so,how are u guys doing with following your diets? I'm doing horrible.

#346646 - 06/01/09 10:29 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Would it help you to resist foods you shouldn't eat if you think about how terrible you are going to feel after you eat them? This helps me. I know how much my tummy would hurt after eating ice cream so it makes it easy for me to resist it. It took many tummy aches and D attacks for me to get to this point.

You are right about it not being fair to make those who do not have IBS put their food some place else. My DH and my 3 kids do not have IBS and I have always had tons of food that was not IBS safe for them. I chose not to eat these things because of the way they make me feel.

I don't think it is unreasonable for you to ask your family to please not tempt you with foods you can't eat by asking you if you want some. Hopefully they will listen. I know they are not always supportive of you and your diet needs.

--------------------
Janey

#346650 - 06/01/09 12:19 PM

Unregistered

If I ate bad the last 2 weeks and stoped today,still haven't eaten any trigger today..do u think in like 2 weeks everything bad would be out of my sytem? I go everyday.

More than likely - yes...... -nt new
      #346651 - 06/01/09 12:26 PM
Kappy

--------------------

Sorry, bad post. new
      #346654 - 06/01/09 02:12 PM
Kappy

I wasn't necessarily saying for everyone else to move their food, but maybe YOU move your food out of the sight of tempation.

I should have said it differently.

--------------------

no worries Kappy -nt- new
      #346657 - 06/01/09 03:15 PM
Janey

--------------------
Janey

#346659 - 06/01/09 03:42 PM
Janey

When I first started the EFI diet I felt better right away. My biggest triggers are high fat foods, dairy and coffee.

You have nothing to loose by trying to eat safe and see how you feel. Eating the trigger food is making you feel terrible. Once you get used to eating IBS friendly foods it gets easier to follow the diet. It really becomes a way of life. Try not to focus on the foods that you can't eat. There are many wonderful safe foods and recipes to try.

I wish there was a way to help you feel more positive about dealing with your IBS. I think most of us feel nervous about being away from home. Life does get easier when you eat foods that don't make you sick. As you start feeling better you will have the courage to be away from home more and more. You are too young to be stuck in your house all day.

When you go out try mentally scoping out where the bathrooms are on the route you are driving. I also feel better when I know exactly how long it is going to take me to get some place. These things do make you feel more in control when you are away from home. Somehow knowing where the bathrooms are and where you could stop if you had too lifts a burdeon off your shoulders. For me this takes away a little bit of the panic over what I would do if I need a bathroom because I already have a plan.

Take control of your life back and make a committment to start eating safe so that you feel better. When you feel better you will be able to do more away from home. It takes willpower to be able to resist foods that are not good for IBS. I know that you can do this.

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1281 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7423

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review