Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
GERD
      #346399 - 05/26/09 05:29 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Hello all.
I've been taking some supplements (3 mo.) that were supposed to help heal my stomach so I could start weaning myself off of the Nexium I've been taking for 3 or 4 years. I've gotten now to every other day but I'm still feeling it. I don't think that's working.

Anyone here able to get over GERD? Any natural remedies? I just don't want to take the Nexium anymore. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: GERD new
      #346404 - 05/26/09 08:02 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

GERD as far as I know is incurable. I have GERD and have been on meds for it since 1999. If I go off them I start having trouble again with my GERD and that's even not eating any of the trigger foods at all. I know some people can control it if they watch the trigger foods for GERD. Also stress can cause GERD to be worse as well.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

My story.. new
      #346407 - 05/27/09 05:02 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hello!
I cannot really help you, but am going through a similar thing. I'm on my 3rd GI trying to find one who is willing to work with me on getting OFF the meds. I've been on some sort of acid blocking med for almost 10 years! ugh. Anyway, this new doc, who is kind of an expert in GERD said she needed to do an endoscopy to find out more. It showed chronic gastritis and an inflamed esophogus. Because of this, she doubled my dose. (So not what I was hoping for!). The way she explained it is that without the meds I would burn my esophogus which is way worse than staying on the meds. She said the only long term effect is possible polyps in the stomach that are easily removed and much less dangerous than the acid erosion.
So I know I'm not helpful, but just wanted to share my story. I'm planning on getting pregnant in 3-4 years and went to her to get off these meds b/c I was so worried, but she said even pregnancy now is OK with some of the meds.
I still personally feel that if you've only been on it 3 months you might be able to ween off....It's certainly worth a try! Good luck!

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: GERD new
      #346439 - 05/27/09 05:25 PM
Flipada

Thanks. I pretty much knew what I'd hear...just was hoping for a miracle.

--------------------
**Lauren**

Re: My story.. new
      #346440 - 05/27/09 05:28 PM
Flipada

Hi Aly.
No...I haven't been on my Nexium for 3 months...I was on other supplements for 3 months and now am done. I was trying to wean myself off of the Nexium but it's not working.

I DID go through my last pregnancy taking the Nexium and all turned out okay. It would have been a nightmare without. Should be just fine for you.

I've read stuff online about Aloe juice and Apple Cider Vinegar and baking soda but....I haven't tried any of that yet.

--------------------
**Lauren**

Re: My story.. new
      #346449 - 05/27/09 09:00 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

I would LOVE to know if apple cider vin. or baking soda work. I hate the idea of taking a pill everyday...
Good to hear you took Nexium during pregnancy. Thanks.
Good luck to you!

--------------------
IBS-A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 941 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1882

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review