All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Naturopathy Doctor
      #346018 - 05/13/09 04:29 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

I have an appt. with a naturopathy doctor next Thursday. This is my last attempt at trying to figure out something that will work for me. I also go get some results from my gyno so depending on that info and what the naturopathy doctor can help me with. This is my last attempt and then I will just try everything else on my own. Has anyone ever went to this type of doctor for the issue your having and if so did it help. I am ibs-d with urgency and fatigue so we will see.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Mrae new
      #346021 - 05/13/09 05:39 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Yes, I would choose a naturopathic doc before a Western medicine doc.

Re: Naturopathy Doctor new
      #346101 - 05/16/09 02:09 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

I read a 2009 study on PubMed that indicated a very low carb diet improves symptoms and quality of life for IBS-D patients. Have you tried something like that? I find my symptoms are affected with the amount/kinds of carbs I eat, as well. I am IBS-D.

#346102 - 05/16/09 03:00 PM
mrae

No I have not tried that but will look into it.

For Kim123 new
      #346103 - 05/16/09 03:02 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Kim,

I have read the same thing recently, in many different places. Currently, I am reading the Schwarzbein Principle and the author (a well-respected endocrinologist), states the same thing that you say. High carb diets that have been pushed in recent years are causing problems for many. She also states that going low-fat, again promoted in recent years, is totally not healthy. I find it a good read and she has the clinical evidience and patients to back up her work. She specializes in diabetes, metabolism, osteoporosis, thyroid, and BHRT. I really like her stuff.

Re: For Kim123 new
      #346106 - 05/16/09 05:17 PM
kim123

Looks like a book I will look into. Thanks for the info

#346149 - 05/18/09 10:53 AM
mrae

I am very interested in starting with the antifungal and eating to see if it will help with my issues. I seem to have alot of the symptoms. Could you give me your e-mail or e-mail me so that I can talk to about how to get started more in depth. My e-mail is thomas197887@yahoo.com Thanks so much. I will be going grocery shopping Thursday so I would like to start now on what I need to buy.

#346169 - 05/18/09 06:58 PM
kim123

mrae-I will be emailing you soon. Or, you can email me. Click my name and my email comes up. If you want to get a start on an antifungal diet, go to www.knowthecause.com, read the FAQ section, and the diet is listed free there. It also mentions some natural antifungals you can take, if you wish to do so.

#346173 - 05/18/09 09:50 PM
PMartin

Reged: 08/05/08
Loc: Niagara Region

I came on the site tonight to post a follow up to my current situation which is exploring the possibilty of having Habba syndrome and trying Cholestyramine. I was intrigued by the heading of your post "Naturopathy Doctor" and just want to say that I empathize with you as I once too went to a naturopath as a last attempt. Her diagnosis was that my body retained too much yeast. She put me on an extensive and expensive pill regimen. Although I believe her intentions were sincere, this was not the answer to my problems and the GI that I'm seeing now made a good point...for these people (naturopaths), this is a guessing game...they have no way of really determining or proving their theories but it costs us an arm and a leg to let them try. Now, I'm not taking sides as believe me, I have felt like strangling my family doctor who has had the nerve to tell me this is all in my head, but the GI I'm seeing now is great and really, more qualified to help me or anyone with this problem.
I don't know if this helps but at the least I just want you to know that someone else knows how you feel and I'll explain more in my next post as originally intended.

--------------------
IBS-D. Or so a doctor says.

#346181 - 05/19/09 07:16 AM
mrae

I am hesitant on seeing this doctor because it does cost so much and am probably going to put it on hold until my gyno and I figure out if I indeed do have a fibroid tumor. Right now everything is on hold until we get this issue out of the way.My gi doc also gave me Cholystermine and it did work but gave me extremely embarrasing gas so i had to stop using it. I tried the Colestipol pills but found no relieve. So now I am taking Lomotil to deal with the urgency until we can figure something out. I hope the Cholystermine continues to work for you .

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 517 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3857

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review