All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Would anyone know.......
      #345884 - 05/11/09 11:08 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

of a good "safe" way to clean out my intestines before the wedding? I want them to be empty so that there's no bad stuff in there! I had a little too much fun Saturday night on my semi-bachelorette party. I drank a little too much booze that I should not have had! Of course, it all came back up at the end of the night , but I just want to make sure I'm all clear for the wedding! I also splurged a little bit yesterday on the Gorilla Munch and some melba toast crackers. It was also Mother's day so my Mom cooked for my dad, grandmother, and myself. It was fairly safe, it didn't hurt me, but I'm scared tomorrow will be a different story, and if I get an attack, I will for sure be bloated the rest of the week!

Does an enema sound ok or some mag-citrate? I need some advice!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Would anyone know....... new
      #345888 - 05/11/09 11:34 AM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

An enema will clean your intestines out for the most part. I would just stick strictly to the diet and stay completely away from any and all foods/drinks that can cause an attack. Also maybe if need be take something for your ibs the day of the wedding, sorry can't remember if your D or C.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

Re: Would anyone know.......one more thing new
      #345889 - 05/11/09 11:37 AM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

If I could take your IBS symptoms/problems for your wedding day I would do it in a heartbeat just so you wouldn't have any worries with it being a special day ((hugs))

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

Re: Would anyone know.......one more thing new
      #345890 - 05/11/09 11:46 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Thank you so much! I wish I could give it away for a day! I will try to stick to the diet and my meds. I need to exercise too. I didn't this morning like I usually do, but I will tomorrow!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Re: Would anyone know....... new
      #345901 - 05/11/09 02:53 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I don't recommend cleaning yourself out so to speak because the consequences could be even worse than eating safely the next couple days. On an empty tummy everything could trigger an attack.

I wish you all the best for your big day! When I got married 3 years ago my ibs was at it's worst but on my wedding day I didn't even think about it. I hope the same for you!!!

Hugs

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 555 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2227

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review