All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Lomotil
      #345769 - 05/08/09 10:37 AM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

Has anyone tried Lomitil? I head it works good for ibs-d kinda like immodium. Well I asked my doctor to call me in a prescription so I guess I will see. I am just tired of dealing with this and not being able to go out and not stress on it. I am hoping this will give me some relief long enough I can get through the hypno cds to help deal with my anxiety. I was just curious if anyone has taken this before.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lomotil new
      #345781 - 05/08/09 03:26 PM
Pennie

Reged: 11/24/08
Loc: South Carolina, US

I took it for a while. I didn't notice much of a difference between the lomotil and immodium. Here's hoping it works for you.

--------------------
IBS~D

#345789 - 05/09/09 01:26 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

It's a very old drug and I took it years ago. Back then, I thought it was the best thing since "sliced bread"! It's been so long, I can't remember the dosage, but unlike Immodium, it also calms you and will make you very drowsy - or it did me and others I know. But, I don't know the dosage I took either. But, for easing anxiety and stopping "D" - it was a wonder drug for me!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#345802 - 05/09/09 09:45 AM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

That would be nice if it eased my anxiety along with my D cause lately my anxiety has been through the roof.

#345809 - 05/09/09 11:28 AM
Toyama

Reged: 05/09/09

My father took it years ago and it helped him. I think IBS is genetic in it's probability and onset by an event. Mine hit hard several months after returning from Thailand when I was 19.

My mother told me my dad took it in the 70's, so if it's been around for 40 years, it can't be all bad.

PS. I have only recently discovered this site and have never been treated. The most attack-free time in my life was when I was taking St. John's Wort and Omega 3 for depression - just fyi. Good luck friend. Heather is an angel.

#345927 - 05/12/09 11:10 AM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

I have taken this off and on for several years. I always keep a supply handy. One little pill works wonders - I don't think I've ever had to take more than one dose. It does also ease anxiety, but I don't get really drowsy.

One caveat - I only take when I really have to because it can make me really constipated. So I only take it if my D is out of control and I have to go somewhere. Occasionally I'll take it prophylactically but again there is the risk of constipation, this is only for if I'm going to be in a situation where I know I have to travel a long way with no pit stops available.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 554 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2076

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review