All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Blood
      #345059 - 04/26/09 12:35 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

Today after I went to the bathroom there was blood on the toilet paper. Not alot but enough that I am a little concerned. I didn't see any in the toilet or anything but obviously it was there. I am still being tested for issues and I have had a colonoscopy that showed internal hemmroids and divirticulosis. Could the blood be from either one of those? Does anyone have any expierence with this issue. I goo to the Gi doc on Wednesday so I will be talking to him about it but thought I would ask about other peoples expeirences with the blood in the stool and what it is caused from. Since I went this morning my stomach insides feel sore. Never had this problem in the two yrs I have had IBS-D or at least thats what they think I have.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Blood new
      #345061 - 04/26/09 12:48 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

It is possible that the blood was caused by the hemorrhoids. I would definitely bring this up to your doc on Wed.

--------------------
Janey

#345169 - 04/28/09 06:22 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

That's what it usually is with me.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#345230 - 04/28/09 09:52 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I see where you are going to the dr tomorrow good. But, if it helps, just to ease your mind, I've had issues like this for years and mine was due to hems. Sometimes so much blood it was like I was having a period again (I'm 59).
And, even though I know its the hems, it still frightens me and that triggers the IBS more - crazy, huh??
I have friends who go through it all the time and when they reassure me what it is, I feel better. AND - many people on this board have also helped. It's wonderful we can disucss any topic and people are willing to share their intimate details to help us. One lady really helped - sorry to be so graphic - but, she suggested using a glob of vaseline internally and a little externally when you feel like you are going to have a BM if you are prone to hems and/or constipation. It helped.
Amazingly... I've been going back to a chriopractor because of many years of back issues. I realized one day, I'm going to the bathroom every morning w/ no straining or pain or blood - so far, so good! I guess it's true, when everything is in alignment, it all works!
Just wanted to reassure you, you are not on your own....
Blessings! Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#345246 - 04/29/09 08:10 AM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

Thank you for your reply. This being the first time it happened was making me stress which in return like you said made my ibs worse that day. I havent had any blood since then so I am sure it was my hemm. However I will mention it to my doc today. Thanks again for your support.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 527 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1897

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review