All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
My word of the day
      #345047 - 04/26/09 10:54 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm surprised I haven't come across this word before, but I'll try to commit it to memory:

te·nes·mus (te-nez'-mes) n. A painfully urgent but ineffectual attempt to urinate or defecate.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My word of the day new
      #345054 - 04/26/09 12:18 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

let's write that one down for memory!! Good to see you around Nelly!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#345317 - 04/30/09 12:06 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

WOW, that word totally applies to me most days!

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

#345333 - 04/30/09 01:58 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Oh, if it were only urine I coudn't pass!

Ok Drama QUEEN: Oh the PAIN oh the AGONY!!!!!

Going back to the GI in June, I hope he can do something for me. I just spent 30 minutes in the bathroom crying cause my stomach hurts so badly. Supervisor came looking for me I want to go home, only one hour left! But hey, it's five o'clock somewhere, right?

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#345335 - 04/30/09 03:39 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

I admire you for being able to tough it out at work! I do sometimes but every now and then I HAVE to stay home or go home early.

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

#345343 - 04/30/09 11:51 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Oh, Kappy -
I'm so sorry - many of us would say "I know your pain"!!! I don't have any new answers, but have been there, done that. This may sound crazy, but for years my IBS was strictly "D", but over the past few years is mainly "C"...It had gotten so bad, hems, bleeding, etc. and it seemed all I did was worry about going to the bathroom - even prayed for a BM
But, I've got some back issues and have been going to a chriopractor 3 x a week and I promise, this is the only thing different I've done - and for 2 weeks now I have had a BM w/ no effort every day but, one! Go figure!!!
I'm sure the stress of your pending wedding - no matter how happy or exciting (any emotion can trigger mine -
is adding to your situation. Can you believe a dr. used to tell me - you just need to learn to relax! Sure!!!
{{Hugs & Prayers}} - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#345349 - 05/01/09 07:09 AM
Kappy

Thank you both for your kind words! I do need to relax. I'm so worried about when my stomach is going to act up that I worry my stomach until it does act up!!

I have missed alot of work lately, leaving early and staying home, but I am going to miss a week and a half for the wedding, so I don't want to go home. On top of the bowels, I've had pink eye twice in the last couple of months, and I had to stay home on FRIDAYS!! That is the worse, calling in on a Friday morning. That looks very bad, like I'm just trying to get an early weekend. No one else misses as much work as I do. The other day I was stressed because my boss came down on me about some stuff, and I told another lady I was working as hard as possible, but she said (and she was looking from both sides) that if I hadn't missed so much work, they wouldn't be so hard on me. She said that she had only missed one day this year so far, because she had the flu! Poo on her.

They just don't understand what kind of pain we are going through. It kills me when someone says, "oh just go take some gas-x" or something like that. It's just not that easy! It's so frustrating.

I too go home early sometimes. I work at a bank, and we close our doors at four, but we work until five. If I am done with my work after four, and I'm not feeling well, my supervisor usually lets me go like 30 minutes early. Whip-dee-doo. What a break. Like that will help when I have been suffering all day long.

Ok, through venting. Sorry, that was an ear full!

--------------------

#345364 - 05/01/09 03:03 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

my tenesmus goes up to 11.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Co-workers! new
      #345381 - 05/02/09 09:28 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Ugh, I can't stand people who brag about how little sick leave they take. Hey, thanks for making us all sick, there, walking wounded.

Oh, and people who "come find you" in the BATHROOM. I'm in the bathroom. Leave me alone!!

/rant

~nelly~

Re: Co-workers!
      #345488 - 05/04/09 06:23 AM
Kappy

Thank you!!!!!!!!! Argh! They all need to have a bout of IBS and see what it's like!!!!!!

I wouldn't wish IBS on too many people, but they just don't know what it's like!

And yes LEAVE ME ALONE! I'll be out when I come out!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 84 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10727

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review