All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: butterbean/kappy new
      #345698 - 05/06/09 02:29 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Yes, give it a try. Tofu is bean curd from the soybean. I use it in spaghetti as a meat replacement, but not alot of it. As with anything, if you start out slow and find out what your tolerance is, then you can proceed safely.

Yes, rice milk is a bit thin, but I like the taste on my cereal. I tried soy, but it tasted like chalk (like milk o magnesia) to me. I tried almond, and wasn't too keen on that either. It really is an individual taste thing.

Why are you so limited in what you can eat right now?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#345709 - 05/06/09 04:23 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

I have been sick since September of last year and that has gotten my IBS into overdrive. So I have to be careful or I will end up in the bathroom all day. I have severe anxiety and depression issues which have over the years caused my IBS to worsen. I am still working on getting it all under better control. I am caught in a circle because each one aggravates or brings on the other :-( So I don't want to eat anything that will cause an attack because they last for days to weeks to months for me at times.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#345716 - 05/06/09 05:33 PM
osbo54

I am sorry. It is a viscous circle.

#345722 - 05/07/09 05:41 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Butterbean,
Have you tried anything for the anxiety?
Have you tried the hypno tapes?
Your post sounds like my own life too.
I developed anxiety and panic attacks due to my IBS which wasn't diagnosed for almost five months as it steadily got worse and I lost alot of weight.My doctor told me it was a stomach bug and not to eat meat.I just got weaker and cried all th etime until I went to the docs and he told what it was gave me some pills and voila.It got better.Not perfect but better.That was 9 years ago or so.
I just recently went to a new doc and got pills for the anxiety.I have my IBS fairly stable due to the EFI diet which I refer to when I've strayed to far and need to restabilize.
I just wondered what meds you are on because they have helped me alot.I only take them on a as needed basis.

I really found relief from the hypno tapes though as has Lynn.If you haven't tried them you should.
HTH Chris

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: Lisa Marie new
      #345757 - 05/08/09 07:01 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I'm confused... YOU were vegan when you were pregnant, or your daughter was? Either way, that's great!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: I actually do not new
      #345758 - 05/08/09 07:05 AM
Lisa Marie

Are you sure about the MSG thing, LM? I would have to disagree with that, since I know MSG gives me AWFUL migraines, and eating the various fake meats that I do never gives me migraines. Maybe you should say which ones specifically contain it rather than assuming that all of them do - you might scare people off from trying them!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#345759 - 05/08/09 07:06 AM
osbo54

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you. My daugther has had two sons, both, while consuming a veggie diet.

#345760 - 05/08/09 07:12 AM
Lisa Marie

That's fabulous! How old are they? Is she raising them vegan or vegetarian? How is that going? I'm planning to raise my daughter as close to vegan as possible, so I'm always curious to hear how that has gone for other vegan parents!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: Vegan - Let's all get along! new
      #345761 - 05/08/09 07:15 AM
Lisa Marie

No, my apologies, you didn't say anything about nutrients.... That was mostly me ranting about people in general who ignorantly (is that a word?) say veganism is not healthy, when in fact it is extremely healthy. But I still stick to my guns about there being plenty of SF vegan proteins out there!! tofu, tempeh, quinoa, soy milk, soy yogurt, nut butters..... mmmmm time for my PBJ snack!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

LisaMarie
      #345768 - 05/08/09 08:53 AM
osbo54

To be honest with you...it is the toughest job to get your kids to eat right. So, I would highly recommend starting your daughter off eating correctly.

The boys will turn 12 and 14 this month. She does her best. The toughest part is friends that eat junk, and if you are different, of course, you get made fun of. I know Jake used to take salads for his lunch, and the kids started to make fun of him (you know, middle school ), so he won't take them anymore. The school lunches are atrocious, so they pretty much take their lunch.

Chad loves fish and all seafood, so she lets him have that, once in a while. She has had to explain to him about the pollutants in the waters, the mercury in fish, so that he will understand why this can only be once in a while. It has been a tough road and a compromise at times, but I think all and all, she has done a fantastic job. They do go to parties and enjoy their pizza and soda with their friends, but it is only occasional. The key here is moderation and balance.

I think what you will find as you grow with your daughter is that, there is no easy answer or way. My daughter has decided that for as long as they are in her house, they will eat what she cooks, but when they become adults, it is their choice. She has tried to give them the best start possible.

HTH and GOOD LUCK!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 871 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14264

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review