All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
hello all.. and congrats Heather... been ages..
      #344464 - 04/14/09 10:13 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

quick update on me... I am still studying to be a dietitian, and my knowledge from here and years of fighting IBS has been a help in some parts of my studies.. 1 year to go... 1 case study and finals to go this semester. I'll probably be on the boards a bit more this summer...

I did learn a few things this year- having to dress professionally and knowing that I couldn't use IBS as an excuse for anything related to missing practicum led to some learning experiences... and some more reliance than usual on meds and diet to control this.. normally diet alone is enough, but add in school stress and i am back to using hyocyamine, gas x and immodium as needed.. though acacia gum powder still is the best thing.. and good herbal teas I mix to my needs: peppermint, lavender, fennel and elderflower are the big 4 medicinally for me still...

on the other hand there is bloat and attire... and boy did my being able to sew come in handy there.. with the help of a friend I replicated my best IBS friendly dress several times last summer and came up with a way to make adjustable waisted skirts and now have 5 of them (2 from the summer, 3 over winter break)... they are wonderful and I get compliments on them all the time at the various facilities and at my paying job. not sure what I'm going to do $$ wise, but I can't do another full time semester full time school plus SP again... so DH agreed I could look for a part time job this summer when I don't have classes.. hopefully despite Michigans awful economy, I'll find something!

Between IBS, Meniere's disease and severe Migraines, I tried to get medical leave, but that didn't work out, not even intermittent FMLA... so I could just stay put.. and though I found someone willing they won't let me job share either. its full time or no time.

I miss all my friends from here, but I barely have time for anything non school related and shouldn't even have taken this break today. I'll be back once Finals are over a week from Weds.

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: hello all.. and congrats Heather... been ages.. new
      #344472 - 04/14/09 11:45 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

It is so nice to hear from you and I am glad that things are going well. WOW, your life is very busy right now. It is funny how when we have to do something we find a way. It is good that you have found ways to control your IBS symptoms and even found a way to wear professional looking clothes that are comfy.

I'm looking forward to see you on the boards this summer and good luck with your finals!

--------------------
Janey

forgot to ask new
      #344473 - 04/14/09 11:49 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Do you still have your sugar gliders? Also, good luck on the job search this summer.

--------------------
Janey

#344475 - 04/14/09 12:17 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Wow, you surely have a full plate, and with all of those diagnoses. Good luck on finals!

Re: forgot to ask new
      #344503 - 04/14/09 05:06 PM
khyricat

yes we still have gliders, though we lost one of the oldest set of rescues to old age back in Dec, his mate is now in with a different rescue- she's too dominant to get along with the other girls, so though the new rescue boy was in a trio, he got pulled to go in with her... they're so cute together..

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#344694 - 04/18/09 05:57 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

Amie-
Wow you have been busy! Glad to hear life is going well for you. GOod luck on finishing school!

#344695 - 04/18/09 06:41 PM
khyricat

I have a year to go, but thanks! this summer I have ONE class instead of 4 at a time, I can relax and look for a part time job for the school year next fall, I am not going to be doing this again.. there is NO WAY I am ever going to do full time school and THIS job full time again...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#345174 - 04/28/09 07:15 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Are you going to school FT or PT? ARe you able to work while doing this? This is quite an undertaking. Go you!

You should market your dresses! I'd buy some.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#345217 - 04/28/09 04:08 PM
khyricat

I may put some stuff up on Etsy this summer, gotta get there first...
I went to school full time and worked full time last semester.. one of my goals for this summer while I have one class for part of the summer and thats it is to find a part time job for next year, but with this economy...

Amie

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

oh my new
      #345254 - 04/29/09 10:56 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

You worked FT and went to school FT????? How did you do it? When did you sleep!

Did you have most of the science classes finished already (chem, organic chem, etc).

I applaud you! I have not been able to discipline myself enough to try and return to school yet.

What school do you go to? They let you do the program at night so that you can work in the day? That would help...I can't find any like that.

PS. I'm serious about the dresses! What do you do with your pants!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1019 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3908

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review