All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: oh my new
      #345264 - 04/29/09 12:31 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I went to school during the day and worked at night (5p-2A with days off that I had SP fall semester, similar but using lots of vacation adn 2:30-11:30 winter semester).. fall semester I never got a day off, winter I used a lot of vaca to get one day off a week...

I am looking for a part time job or hoping to make enough sewing that I don't need to worry about it... new machine is HERE... I will start digging into fabrics and sewing soon..

I am done with science classes.. thankfully.
just clinicals and practicum and related things left.. this summer I am taking Nutrition Entepreneurship...

I got great reactions to my skirt at the sewing shop today, from the saleslady and everyone there.

Mom came up with a pants idea I haven't tried yet.. I often did the rubber band trick in ones I already had, but I'm going to look for a pattern and try her idea soon... if it works, I'll probably make some pants too.. though I am happy with my skirts for the most part...

I am going to probably ebay/etsy some IBS friendly clothing for people who bloat, maybe I'll also market them as professional looking maternity wear too.. we'll see.. but they won't be cheap, as I refuse to use cheap materials, and I KNOW how much time goes into some of these things.

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#345267 - 04/29/09 12:43 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

what is your mom's idea for pants?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#345324 - 04/30/09 12:50 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

basically it involves using the pockets as a hinge at the waistband, and possibly a short section of elastic at the back of the waist as well... where it is still acceptable to be there. if you figure 2 inches of adjustment at each point, thats up to 6" of adjustment in a waistband.. and the pants can still look nice in front without being covered.

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 153 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3917

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review