All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello to all and Kudos to Heather for her link on MSN today!!!
      #344337 - 04/10/09 03:47 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hey everyone - I haven't been on in a while, but I've been lurking seeing how everyone's doing. I miss you all. Heather has a wonderful link on MSN today and I was so excited to see it that I had to drop in and ... congratulations Heather! I'm so glad you're getting the exposure that you deserve!!!!!!!

On a personal note, things are much better with me. For those of you remember, my husband left me for another woman 2 years ago and I am doing awesome! I'm very happy now and doing much better health wise. My father battled colon/liver cancer this past year and after 2 surgeries, 2 rounds of chemo he is cancer free!!!! It's been a long hard road, but we are all so lucky that he is better.

Please, everyone. Get all of your loved ones to get a colonoscopy. Had my father had one 10 years ago, the polyp in his bowel would have been pre-cancerous and probably would not have spread to the liver. We almost lost him. So, everyone keep up on your colonoscopies and if you have any loved ones over 55, BULLY them into getting one.

I love you all! xx
HanSolo

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello to all and Kudos to Heather for her link on MSN today!!! new
      #344339 - 04/10/09 06:45 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Hans,

It is so good to hear from you. I am very happy to hear that life is good for you and that your health is better. I remember when your husband left you and my heart broke for you and all the pain you were experiencing. I really am so happy that you are doing well.

I am also glad to hear that your father is cancer free. In 1999 my father in law died from colon cancer at 75. He had never had a colonoscopy. It is a test that people must have and can save your life. I don't think people realize how serious colon cancer is.

Please pop in again and let us know how you are doing.

Miss and love ya sweetie,

--------------------
Janey

#344356 - 04/10/09 01:50 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Hi Yoda,

Sorry to hear about your dad. I am glad he is well. It sounds like you have come through some tough times.

I did go and get the dreaded colonoscopy. It wasn't all that bad. But, now I have piece of mind.

#344358 - 04/10/09 02:25 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

It's so good to hear from you. I'm glad you're doing well after your long, tough road. Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Good to hear from you and thanks for your kind responses! new
      #344405 - 04/12/09 08:58 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'll be in more again. I need to get back to the basics with my diet again. Take care all and hope all is well!!!!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#344463 - 04/14/09 10:03 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

what a day for me to drop in too... I am glad things are going so well for you.. I'm going to go post my own update in a sec....

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#344692 - 04/18/09 05:55 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Hey lady it is so good to hear from you! I too am not on here much at all anymore. Just lurk once in awhile. Happened to drop in and see your post and wanted to say how glad I am to hear that you are doing so well. I am also glad you dad is cancer free! What a long ordeal for you all to go through. Life is so precious huh? I am doing well and my IBS is really good. Not sure why but not going to complain! Life is busy with my two. Noah is 5 now and Ava is 2. They are a joy and keep me on my toes! Good hearing from you and take care!

Angela

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 75 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3314

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review