All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need help for the flu
      #343479 - 03/20/09 08:28 AM
Meower55

Reged: 06/24/08
Loc: Beaverton, Oregon

I had no clue at 7:10 yesterday morning that at 7:20 I'd be trying to not throw up. I had chills & sweats, really miserable. I was at work - my temp job at a previous employer.

When I did throw up, it was just liquid, mostly water. I'd finished breakfast at 5:45, and normally eat a snack about 7:15.

My old standbys for the flu were chicken noodle soup, 7-up, soda crackers and apple juice, none of which are things I eat since acquiring IBS. I ate very little yesterday - some 7-up, a graham cracker, corn chex, water and white grape juice. The grape juice is new to my diet, I try to drink it after I have a soluble fiber base.

I feel better now, but called in sick at 4:45 since the agency wants me to call in 2 hours before the job starts. (I had a diarrhea-like episode that really decided for me whether or not to call in. I don't want to spread the flu to the others - I sit so close to my neighbor I can reach out and touch him.)

No 7-up left, may not need it. Will add peppermint tea to the list today and probably applesauce. I guess the IBS What To Eat When you Can't Eat Anything diet is a good idea.

Anybody have ideas of other easy-to-digest foods?

Thanks!

--------------------
Nancy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need help for the flu new
      #343481 - 03/20/09 08:37 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I'm so sorry you have the flu! Yes, stay home!! You sound like you are eating well for IBS and controlling flu. I think you are right, the what to eat when you can't eat anything diet should help you. It's so bland, you should be able to keep it down. I don't know about the 7-up though. I love it too when I'm sick, but it's risky with all the carbonation and artificial flavors and HFCs. I think you should try the chicken noodle soup if you can make your own, that is if you are able to make your own. Maybe just try the broth with some crackers, that's a good tummy settler!

Hope you get better soon!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Re: Need help for the flu new
      #343546 - 03/22/09 03:43 PM
Meower55

Reged: 06/24/08
Loc: Beaverton, Oregon

Thanks, Kappy! I decided not to try to go to the store and just ate what I had at home. Fortunately, the flu bug was a minor one...it was almost entirely gone by Friday evening.

Yeah, the 7-up may not have been the best thing for the flu, but I tried to be careful with "how" I drank it - after other soluble fiber foods, etc.

I feel lots better now. Appreciate your help - it's great to have someone to talk to.

Nancy

--------------------
Nancy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 238 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1112

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review