All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
My stomach hurts....
      #343315 - 03/16/09 10:03 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

My stomach has been hurting off and on for a few days. I want to go home, but I'm at work. I hate to miss any more work. I don't know what to do. It feels like I have an empty stomach, even after I eat sometimes. Kind of hunger pain and gas pain feeling all rolled into one big pain. Ya know?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My stomach hurts.... new
      #343317 - 03/16/09 10:09 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Yes, I do know! I have same problem right now as well! I'm at work and want to go home, but can't afford to miss anymore work! I hurt so badly, want to eat (feel hungry), but I'm scared that if I do, it will only get worse! I feel your pain!!! I have some bad rumbling down in there, too. The spasms are killer right now, and I can't stand up straight with out feeling like I'm ripping something open in there!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#343318 - 03/16/09 10:10 AM
Nugget

Sorry you are feeling bad, too.

#343319 - 03/16/09 10:25 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Three's a charm? I feel absolutely aweful too, however I know why my tum is sore. (I'm home with the stomach flu.)

Hope both of your tums settle after a nice cup of hot tea!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#343320 - 03/16/09 10:50 AM
Nugget

sorry you aren't feeling well, Toady.

#343321 - 03/16/09 11:04 AM
Kappy

Sorry about both of your tummies, too! I don't think tea will help this one!

--------------------

#343322 - 03/16/09 11:32 AM
Nugget

I'm not sure what will help mine either.

#343324 - 03/16/09 12:13 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

Well you can add one more to the list. I have been hurting for the past 4 days in a really bad way. I would rather give birth than to hurt like this :-( I have tried everything I can think of and the pain will not go away. ((hugs)) for all of you that are hurting.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#343328 - 03/16/09 01:14 PM
Nugget

Maybe it's a "bug" that's going around. I bought some Tums on my lunch break. I chewed two of them, but I don't think they are helping much.

#343329 - 03/16/09 01:16 PM
Kappy

I think it's a bad moon or something. I have had D today, and I am hardly ever D. Oh the pain is so terrible!!! Sorry to hear about you, too, butterbean!!!!!!! I just want to go home and go to sleep, I hate working when I feel this badly.

--------------------

#343332 - 03/16/09 01:42 PM
Nugget

I think mine may be stress catching up with me. My mom has been real sick and now that she is getting better maybe the stress of the past couple months is finally catching up with my gut.

#343333 - 03/16/09 01:49 PM
Kappy

You are probably right. I notice stress has a lot to do to mine as well. I'm glad to hear that your mother is doing better. You might have put that stress out of your mind to deal with the situations, and now, it's all coming out of hiding. I hope that is all it is. Drink some lavender and chamomile tea, that seems to help my stress a lot! I go to this website the Republic of Teas . They have a lot of great flavors of teas. I like to mix them to get interesting flavors. I really like the GET RELAXED tea. It helps to calm me down, especially at work. They also have an Orange Ginger Mint after dinner herbal tea that is great for calming the gut after eating. I love it! Also, all the herbal teas are naturally caffeine-free.

--------------------

#343335 - 03/16/09 01:58 PM
Nugget

Thanks so much Kappy! I'll check that out.

#343343 - 03/16/09 07:03 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Hope all you girls are feeling better. I thought mine was IBS last week, but it seems it was something "going around" at school w/ the staff - bad for about 3 days and then gone. Of course I "celebrated" being well by eating "junk" all weekend, so now I feel like a float in the Macy's Parade!
Hope tomorrow finds all three much better!!!

{{Hugs}} Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#343347 - 03/16/09 08:32 PM
Nugget

Thanks Dorothy! You made me laugh with your "float on the Macy's Parade" comment. {{hugs}}}

#343351 - 03/17/09 06:22 AM
Kappy

Thanks, Dorothy, that made me laugh as well!

I feel much better today, so far, it's only 8:14 so we'll see.
I was really nauseous last night and I just got my box of Gin Gins in, so I tried them. They really helped the tummy. They also helped me have a BM last night, actually a couple of them, so, I feel better today.
I didn't have any thigh highs to wear today, so I had to settle with the pantyhose. I wasn't going to try to go to Wal-Mart at 7:45 this morning. Just not happening. I just hope the pantyhose won't exacerbate any IBS.

I Hope Everyone Is Wearing GREAN!!!!!! If not, I'm going to cyberpinch you! haha

--------------------

#343359 - 03/17/09 08:20 AM
Nugget

Glad you are feeling better today, Kappy! Yes, I'm wearin' green.

I'm still not feeling too great...and the fact that my husband is having a difficult time at work isn't helping my stress at all. They can't seem to hire any good helpers for him and his boss won't back him up on anything. His boss sticks up for the bad help! What an idiot his boss is! So that puts hubby in a bad mood and not much fun to live with. Ya know?

Thankfully he does not take it out on me, but it's still stressful because I feel helpless and want him to not have to put up with that at work. Ya know? Plus everything I've already gone through with my mom.

#343360 - 03/17/09 08:23 AM
zeina

Reged: 02/25/09

hi i am new to this forum so i may be using it wrong not sure.
but i feel you, i have been suffering on and off of painful bloating whcih takes days to go away. I have no idea no more what to do except starve myself.

#343362 - 03/17/09 08:44 AM
Kappy

I'm sorry you aren't feeling much better today. Good luck to your husband. I understand what he is going through. When my loan officers make mistakes or don't do what I ask them to do, my boss always blames me and says I'm not communicating with them. They are her golden children and I'm the red headed step child. I get in trouble for everything!!!!!!! Sorry, had to vent. I seemed to have messed up on a BIG farm loan, and of course, it's my fault, even though I had 3 people look over it to make sure everything was correct.

--------------------

#343363 - 03/17/09 09:49 AM
Nugget

Oh my! Don't starve yourself. that only makes things worse. Check out the different areas of this site and get ideas for "safe" things you can eat and things to eat on those days when nothing seems to help. {{{hugs}}} There's lots of wonderful information and support here.

#343364 - 03/17/09 09:51 AM
Nugget

So sorry you have to deal with all that at work. Doesn't help the IBS much, does it.

#343365 - 03/17/09 09:58 AM
Kappy

Please don't starve yourself. That's not the way to go!!! Starving makes it worse!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5620

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review