All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Dreaded dentist appt! Stressing!
      #342340 - 02/19/09 10:14 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

My dentist appt is at 3:30 today. I get to find out how much and how long it's going to take to fix my front teeth, one having been broken right off by the surgeon's assistant while intubating me for my back surgery 4 weeks ago.

I think I'm going to go for it and do all 4 incisors as that'll give me a straight smile with consistent teeth.

I got VERY depressed moments ago when I was going through old photo albums trying to find "before" pictures of my teeth. It was so sad. I used to smile all the time, but in the later album I've always managed to hide by teeth behind my fingers, a glass, once even a flower display at a restaurant table. I remember doing it every time. Gotta hide the teeth repairs. I got really sad looking at the progression of pictures... *tear*

So I've managed to get it together and I've got all my photos I'm bringing, plus a list of questions/demands and even the broken tooth that flew out of my head onto the surgical floor. My surgeon kindly supplied it for me. The bastard.

My stomach is starting to make itself known. Great.

OK, still waiting for 3:30 to roll along. If anyone has a good joke to pass along, let it rip! Love you guys.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dreaded dentist appt! Stressing! new
      #342351 - 02/19/09 03:17 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Best wishes and hopefully it's not too expensive!!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#342353 - 02/19/09 03:28 PM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

Quote:

If anyone has a good joke to pass along, let it rip!

A woman goes to a dentist and as she gets into the chair she mentions that she doesn't know what is worse - having a baby or having her teeth worked on.

The dentist replies, "Well, make up your mind so I know which way to tilt this chair".

Oh, wait, you wanted a funny joke, right?

I let my teeth go (badly) and I won't smile for any pictures now so I know how you feel. I give you credit for taking a positive step to correcting that.

I hope it went well for you this afternoon.

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

#342362 - 02/19/09 04:57 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Wish I knew some dentist jokes for you, but nothings coming to mind - hope it went well today.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#342379 - 02/20/09 08:25 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hi - I also stress dental appts! And have not taken as good of my teeth as I should have. I finally found a dentist I liked and was very sympathetic especially to my anxiety about my teeth and not smiling. I still have many regrets about having not seen a dentist for a few years and really let Cavities turn in to root canals and crowns. Ugh! Hope your appt went well.

#342397 - 02/20/09 02:49 PM
Nelly

Woah!! That is a funny joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I'm passing that one along.

Thanks.

~nely~

#342398 - 02/20/09 02:53 PM
Nelly

I guess it went pretty well. When I'm stressed, I have a way of making a joke about E V E R Y T H I N G !

The dentist giggled at all o my jokes, even telling my I was especially "on" today. Oh, man, if he only knew how stressed I was!!!

~nelly~

#342400 - 02/20/09 03:52 PM
Runs No Fun

Nelly, if I may ask a personal question (really just being nosy)... do you have to pay for the tooth that the assistant ruined? Or is that being paid for by the doctor?

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

BRACE FOR DRAMATIC ANSWER new
      #342402 - 02/20/09 05:06 PM
Nelly

[begin rant]

Because I signed the form from the hospital's risk management and legal department before the surgery, it was assumed as an "acceptable risk" I was taking by being intubated.

I'm sure other "acceptable risks" covered were uvula mutilation, adenoid harpooning, vocal chord severing, palate puncture, goblet sheering, tongue dismemberment and spontaneous neck explosion.

...And whatever other nonsense someone sitting at their computer can make up.

In my case, those horrible bastards are not liable at all, and it comes out of my own moth-infested wallet to fix my poor, sweet tooth (teeth, actually), which in the end did nothing to deserve this except smile sweetly at the anesthetist as I was being put under...

*sweet violins playing* *lump in every eye* *tear in every throat* Grumble, grumble.

~nelly~

P.S. (I should have opted for whistling insurance when I was considering turning pro back in the day. Another dream over for me now. OK, so I can't whistle. But the point is there.)

[/end rant]

Re: BRACE FOR DRAMATIC ANSWER new
      #342404 - 02/20/09 05:59 PM
Runs No Fun

Well, that sucks, but God bless ya, Nelly, you can laugh about it now. Soon it'll be a full-mouth-showing-teeth laugh!

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 484 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3829

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review