Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Sudden flare up Help
      #342141 - 02/15/09 11:49 AM
DEEDEEB

Reged: 12/10/08

I am just writing to ask for advice to anone who might be able to helpme
I had a sudden flare up this morning
Last night my husband bought chinese food for our dinner,a nd I had sesame chicken. Of course I know better than eat that
But I did, andlast night was having problems
then this morning suddenly had a terrible flare up
I had gotten up and taken Heather's Fiber,a nd eaten a banana, when wham, it hitne
Can anyone tell me if i should take more fiber again
I hate to take immodium if I don't have to
here I am freaking out now as he not leaving the house
We get our income taxes figured on Tuesday night and I was planning on going with my husband
Help me. I need all the help I can get
I am so sressed out at this point
thanks so much

--------------------
DeeDeeB
I have learned that the Lord didn't do it al in one day. What makes me think I can?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sudden flare up Help new
      #342146 - 02/15/09 02:00 PM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

DeeDee,

It sounds to me, from the info you gave, that you had a bad reaction to the dinner last night. I assume you had diarrhea this morning. Whenever that happens to me I TRY to let it run its course (i.e. I try not to take Imodium right away). If, and only if the problem persists for a long time do I take an anti-diarrheal (even though my GI guy had suggested I take 4 Imodium tablets daily as a preventitive measure).

Is it possible the sesame seeds on the chicken are the cause for this reaction?

I hope it passes quickly (no pun intended).

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

#342168 - 02/15/09 08:37 PM
DEEDEEB

Thanks so much. It sure could have been the sesame seeds which made me have a flae up
I thought I was pretty much in control, but guess one can neve guess that when it comes to IBs
My husband gets so upset and says they have a cue for everything else why can't they not find a cue for this
thanks so much
I will relaly be careful I do not eat this again.
Appreciate your help

--------------------
DeeDeeB
I have learned that the Lord didn't do it al in one day. What makes me think I can?

#342225 - 02/17/09 12:04 PM
Karen1415

Reged: 07/04/08

Sesame Chicken is usually deep fried, which is not on the IBS diet, have you tried the Moo Goo Gai Pan Chicken with steamed rice? I get it cooked with vegetables for the juices, and then pick out all veggies but the mushrooms. This dish is similar to other Chinese dishes called Chef's Delight with scallops and shrimp, or Imperial Shrimp, the same light sauce is used and a wok instead of deep frying both are delicious and safer!

Karen

#342696 - 02/28/09 11:38 PM
DEEDEEB

Karen, I never knew Sesame chicken was deepfried. No wonder I got so sick, and had such a flareupthanks so much for your suggestions
I may try this other food. It sounds good. Right now I am afraid to try any kind of food like this, after getting so sick
Not fair as it is good, but a few minuts later, not worth it

--------------------
DeeDeeB

#342708 - 03/01/09 11:22 AM
sejdrn80

Reged: 08/02/03
Loc: New York

I love the taste of sesame chicken and know from experience that it is a no no. I usually get steamed veggies over rice and then steal a bite of sesame chicken from my husband. I make sure to eat it in the middle of my own meal to cushion the chances of an attack. So far, it has worked out for me.

--------------------
Do the best you can each day, don't worry about the rest!

#342723 - 03/01/09 07:06 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Hi,DeeDee -
So good to see you on here again.
If it's any comfort, my husband says the same thing - he wants the dr. to find an answer and while he never gets upset with me - he thinks it's all the doctors (plural) fault. While I have found it's too tiring to keep going dr. to dr. to dr. - one for your stomach, one for my bladder, one for my sinuses and ears, one for my back, now multiple trips to the dentist - it just gets old!
But, hope you are feeling better by now. I think it was a combination of the fat and the sesame seeds - I can't do either one. And, I think sometimes it is true, to kind of "wait and see" with the diarrhea. See if it will stop on it's own because sometimes it may not be a true "flare, but it is just ridding your body of something we've eaten that has irritated it....
Take care and visit more often...
{{Hugs & Prayers}} - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#343078 - 03/09/09 10:05 PM
DEEDEEB

Dorothy
thanks so much
I agree with you. It is tiring going from one dr. to another, so I try to do what I can here at home, using fiber, watching what I eat, etc. It is a bicuous circle, and when I get a flare up like i did or whatever was going in, it frightens me as i sure do not want that again
I have had lots of stress in my life lately, last being my dad is really bad with pnuemonia, and we just ut him in a nuing home, but he is in the hospital now. So stress might have a lot to do with it
so good to be back
You take care
and yes, I wish these dr. could find something which would rally help

--------------------
DeeDeeB

#343079 - 03/09/09 10:09 PM
DEEDEEB

I love sesame chicken, and its taste. but beliieve me, afer getting so sick, it is not worth the agony I was in
Not fair as it is so good

--------------------
DeeDeeB

#343087 - 03/10/09 06:34 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Dee-Dee,
Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way today!!!
I feel like my friend who says she wants to draw a picture of a door - walk through it and erase it! :-) Too much happening - too much stress - but, I feel like a wimp because I don't seem to deal with it well - take on everyone's problems!
Prayers for your dad's recovery too....
Thinking of you aways.....

Blessings - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 590 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3750

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review