All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Colestipol new
      #343093 - 03/10/09 09:07 AM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

I am having a hard time getting this medicine. My doctor prescribed it to me but the pharmacys are having trouble getting it from the manufactured. Has anyone ever had this problem and if so do you know what the problem is?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just diagnosed with Habba Syndrome new
      #343171 - 03/12/09 08:13 AM
mrae

Well I am facing the fact that I will probably have to stick with the cholystermine(Questran)cause they are having issues getting colatipol in. So I see you take just one packet in the morning. I was taking one in the morning and one at night. So maybe if I just take one in the morning my gas issues won't be so bad. Is it still working good for you and has your side effects gotten better?

Re: Colestipol new
      #343197 - 03/12/09 04:51 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I am not sure why you'd have problems. I have no problem getting it from Wal-Mart & Target pharmacies. The brand name is Colestid -- perhaps they'd have better luck if they ordered the brand and not the generic??

I hope you're able to find it, this drug completely saved my life!!

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#343203 - 03/12/09 08:30 PM
mrae

Well I only live about 30 minutes from a Wal-mart so maybe I can change my prescription there and get it. I will have to check into that. Thanks so much.

#343217 - 03/13/09 10:53 AM
mrae

Ok so they finally got my prescription in so I will be starting it tomorrow. Thanks to the great insurance I have I get to pay a little over a 100.00 for it. I sure hope this works so it is well worth it and not just a waist of money. Was anyone else covered on ins or did you have to pay to?

Re: Question for glasgowgirl new
      #343299 - 03/15/09 08:23 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I don't know of any doctors in Canada with experience of Habba's. I think the best course of action is to educate the GI doctors in NS about Habba`s. I`d start with taking in the some of the following journal articles as well as the pages from Dr Habba`s website. If they can`t do a scan you could trying the bile acid suppressors if your daughter`s symptoms fit. Of course you need to talk to a doc about doing this.

http://www.nature.com/search/executeSearch?sp-q-9=AJG&sp-q=habba&sp-x-9=cat&sp-a=sp1001702d&sp-sfvl-field=subject'ujournal&sp-x-1=ujournal&sp-p-1=phrase&sp-p=all&submit=go

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#343348 - 03/16/09 08:33 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

$100??? WITHOUT insurance, a 30-day supply (sixty 1 gm pills) of Colestipol from the Target pharmacy costs me about $18. Did they give you the brand instead of generic? I have no idea why you'd have problems with this -- I live in Iowa, not exactly cutting edge of civilization, and I've never had any problems. Maybe before you pick up your prescription you should call around to other pharmacies. That's a LOT to pay for a medication, particularly if you don't even know yet if it'll work. Good luck.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#343366 - 03/17/09 10:15 AM
mrae

I went ahead and picked it up and it is a 60 day supply of the powder. Why my doctor prescribed me poweder I have no idea. But it is disgusting but I do see an improvement. I am however going to ask for it to be switched to pills on my next refill.

#343463 - 03/19/09 02:54 PM
mrae

Finally, I got the Colstipol pills 15.00 much cheapier and less nasty. I will start them tonight so I hope they work.

Re: Colestipol! new
      #343704 - 03/26/09 08:26 AM
mrae

When you started taking Colestipol how long before it started working? I take 2 1gm tablets a day one in the morning and one at night and it doesn't seem to work as well as the Cholystermine. However I do not have any side effects which is great but I am hoping it will start working soon. I have only been taking it for about a week so I still have 3 weeks before I get the full affect.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12668

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review