Reged: 02/07/04

m

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yes, Maam! Im a mommy too! new
      #341286 - 01/27/09 01:01 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

first of all congrats! second of all that is all that matters. I went through kinda the same thing you did! I I tore and I ended up on the couch for the next 6 months we other prolbems to. I couldn't breast feed either. I tried and was tired and in pain and she was getting fussy! so we gave her a bottle I to felt bad but my husband was very nice about it. So heres my advice you through that labor tohave that baby and you are healing and the baby is healthy and you are giving it breast milk so tell them to back off. You take care of you and that baby and everything else will fall into place. It doesn't make you a bad mother just because you couldn't breast feed. You are doing a fine job. Do what feels right for you not what other people think. Enjoy that baby! Congradulations! and may god bless you all!
((hugs))
emamsmom (Sheila)
ibs-c gas

#341290 - 01/27/09 03:52 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! I know exactly what you mean about pushing - it was difficult to do with the epidural. They actually turned my epidural off before I started pushing, but the effects of it were still there, so it was hard. The nurses there helped a LOT, and like you, I tore a LOT too. I'm guessing they sent you home with an inflatable donut? I used that thing for almost three weeks!!!

As for the breastfeeding, don't sweat it. And don't give up on trying to get him to latch on, either. A friend of mine gave birth to her daughter 6 weeks early, and did the same as you: pumped and fed her a bottle. After a month or two, her daughter just started latching on and she was able to breastfeed from then on! So don't give up. And I was using a nipple shield for a good month before I finally got her to latch on without it. So it was like starting the whole breastfeeding process all over again. You might even ask around to see if you can find a good lactation consultant that will come to your house and help you out. It might be pricey, but worth it.

Rest up and enjoy every moment!!! And definitely take the advice of "sleep when baby sleeps"!!!! Congrats, and can't wait to see pictures!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#341301 - 01/27/09 06:14 PM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

Quote:

Davey is both healthy and happy, and Im recovering nicely. Shouldnt that be all that matters?

Absolutely.

It's kind of funny... I'm able to read posts about all kinds of issues involving our bodily wastes here on the boards but I get uncomfortable about reading about "pushing".

Anyway, congratulations to you and your husband.

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

Congratulations!! ~nt~ new
      #341340 - 01/28/09 05:28 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#341863 - 02/09/09 12:25 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hey just wanted to say congratulations. What a birth story you have to share! I hate when doctors second guess patients like not taking you seriously when you were in so much pain.
Most definitely you are doing what is best for you and your baby and don't worry about what other people say. Everyone has their own opinions and some people can be very judgemental. I breast fed the first month exclusively and wish now I had given a few bottles so I could of gotten some rest. Plus it took a month before we realized he needed a supplement and wasn't gaining weight. Just wishing you all the best with your new baby. Just follow your instincts when it comes to your baby. Take care.
p.s. Here are a few favorite books I liked:
Happiest Baby on the Block (also on DVD)
The Baby Whisperer
And the Baby Whisperer solves all your problems (for toddlers too)
Babywise books.

Good luck!
Debby

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 92 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2172

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review