All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Physical Activity and Lower Right Side Pain
      #341080 - 01/21/09 09:30 AM
Belkys

Reged: 08/25/08
Loc: Marianna, Fl.

Hi, I am new. I need opinons. I Jan. 08 I got sick. In July I had my gallbladder taken out. In Aug. got diagnosed with IBS-C. In Nov. I had a hysterectomy. All the required tests were done and everything is fine.

In May I developed a secondary pain in the lower right side of my abdomen. This pain is aggravated by physical activity like walking too fast or carring grocery bags. It seems to be different from the IBS pain alot of pressure and stabbing pains.

Now my doctor wants to go in and remove my right ovary. I don't want to go thru a third surgery in less than a year for no reason.

Could this secondary pain be IBS related even though it is brought on by physical activity and not food or stress?

Please help I have a decision to make, I want that pain gone that way it's only IBS pain to control. I am desperate and will accept anything that MIGHT help eliminate one of my pains.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Physical Activity and Lower Right Side Pain new
      #341082 - 01/21/09 10:04 AM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

Quote:

Hi, I am new. I need opinons. .....

Now my doctor wants to go in and remove my right ovary. I don't want to go thru a third surgery in less than a year for no reason.

Hi Belkys,

I'm of the belief that a second opinion is always good before any kind of surgery. Have you considered going to another doctor for a diagnosis?

I'm certainly no doctor, but it sounds to me that it could be a hernia.

Good luck!

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

#341085 - 01/21/09 10:21 AM
Belkys

Thanks Runs,

But I have had all the tests that would show a Hernia and nothing there. The Doctor wants to see me next week to talk about taking out the ovary and also referring me to an orthopedic to look at my back.

I'm sick of seeing doctor's 7 so far.....

#341099 - 01/21/09 03:29 PM
Wyowoman

Reged: 01/18/09
Loc: Wyoming

Did your Dr. explain why he wants to remove the ovary? Has there been testing to show that something is wrong with it? If not, it seems pretty drastic as a measure to see if it relieves your pain. I would move slowly on this surgery and if your questions about "why" are not answered satisfactorily, a second opinion sounds in order.

#341105 - 01/22/09 12:00 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I concur about the second opinion after all the surgeries you've had. Here's one other thought. Could it be adhesions from your prior surgeries? When I had a heart cath I developed pain in my lower, lower rigt side where they went into my femoral artery twice. My dr. told me to massage the are and get lots of exercise - like walking...
Just a thought. But, promise you'll get a second opinion before more surgery.

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#341113 - 01/22/09 09:23 AM
Belkys

Thanks for the advice. I have been checked for adhesions, and remember this pain began before the surgeries.

When I had the Hysterectomythe doctor said my ovaries were fine and that is why he left them.

Now the nurse called me and told me he wants to check me again with the possibility of taking out that ovary. I have not spoken directly to the doctor.

I see him next week. When I go in I want him first of all to give me a logical explanation why now he wants to take out an ovary he said was healthy. Could it be putting pressure on something else? But wouldn't that show up in the numerous ultrasound, ct scans and mri's I have had done?

Right now I am miserable because my IBS is in full force from the cold weather and that 2nd pain. Sometimes I wish I could just tear out my insides. Oh and my back pain is also acting up can't feel my legs but if I take a Loratab my IBS-C will be worse.

No option but to hold on for the ride, grin and bear it.

Thank You so much for the support no one can understand the amount of pain IBS can cause but you guy's. (NOT EVEN THE DOCTORS!!!!)

#341116 - 01/22/09 10:20 AM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

Belkys,

First, I'm sorry to read that you're in pain... hopefully that issue will be resolved soon.

I hate to guess at medical things (because I'm certainly no expert with them) but you mentioned back pain, too. Is the back pain in the lower regions? If so, have you considered the possibility of kidney stones?

Anyway, not to beat a dead horse, but if the doctor still wants to remove the ovary, I urge you to get a second opinion before agreeing to have it done.

Hang in there!

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 524 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2285

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review