All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Getting screamed at about my Ibs
      #340941 - 01/18/09 01:38 PM

Unregistered

sometimes I'm on the toilet at 4:30 and I work at 5. My mom wanted me to get a ride from work. I told her I didn't want to call work early and take the chance of being stuck on the toilet. Her bf is screaming at me because I'm making my mom wait on me like a princess and I'm not seeing doctors and that I need my license. Well I said I can't afford insurance. I was then told to get a diffrent job. I then said I can't work diffrent hours. I got screamed at for not seeing doctors and getting the help I need. I said I help myself better than all the doctors I've seen. He told me to find new ones..My dad is willing to get me help. I said I have trouble sticking to my diet and I'm not doing everything right. I said I have no insurance or money and can't afford anything. my dad and my mom's bf are willing to get me help. I really see no point in seeing doctors as I can't afford prescriptions,and hate unnatural stuff..I already pay for bc out of my own pocket. I tell them nothing is physically wrong,my system doesn't work as it should..but that doesn't seen to get through to them..please help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Getting screamed at about my Ibs new
      #340947 - 01/18/09 02:30 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Maybe your bc is contributing to th eproblem.I know mine did and so i went off I feel alot better now.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#340948 - 01/18/09 02:38 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Perhaps it would be worth it to see a doctor to check for a impaction.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#340976 - 01/18/09 08:59 PM

Unregistered

I go alot everyday..What do they do to check for impaction? WOuld it just be in a certain area,or what? How much do u think the total would be without insurance?

#340977 - 01/18/09 09:00 PM

Unregistered

No It was this way before bc..and I can't go off it as it helps my acne and I am active with my bf..I refuse to stop being close to him like that. We both hate condoms and I'm tired of buying them.

GLASGOGIRL new
      #341059 - 01/20/09 01:49 PM

Unregistered

please respond. go alot everyday..What do they do to check for impaction? WOuld it just be in a certain area,or what? How much do u think the total would be without insurance?

Re: GLASGOGIRL new
      #341129 - 01/22/09 04:01 PM
glasgowgirl

I really don't know what the total is without insurance since I live in Canada but if you think it's a possibility it needs to be dealt with as your not going to feel better until you do.

There's a symptoms and diagnosis description at http://health.discovery.com/encyclopedias/illnesses.html?article=225.

I know you feel it's hopeless to go to a doctor but perhaps you could graciously accept the offer of help.

Even if your family are being pains it's better to take the high road and not get agressive with them or try finding a time when everyone is calm and happy to discuss how you feel and how you plan to deal with your IBS.

Tell them how you want to eat and offer to cook them IBS friendly food as well.

The point is to build yourself a support network at home.

I wouldn't be nearly as healthy and happy if I didn't have my partner's and my families help and support.

My mother in law even has the cheat sheet list of food on her fridge.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

says the link is broken? new
      #341138 - 01/22/09 09:49 PM

Unregistered

link won't work,perhaps u didn't copy and paste it all?

Re: says the link is broken? new
      #341169 - 01/23/09 06:03 PM
glasgowgirl

Actually I found it by googling impaction - if you do that it'll pop up.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1445 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7282

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review