All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Economic Downturn is my new IBS trigger!
      #338872 - 12/04/08 09:57 AM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Just need to say grrr is my IBS-D awful the last few weeks! At first I wondered if it was the change in seasons it started with the colder weather. But now, as my income is going way down and each day is stressful worrying about money, I'm having d all the time. Today I feel cramped as well.
There is some good news- on some days I've been able to will this away with both mind and body- waking up and saying to myself "I'm not interested in dealing with ibs today." Usually those days I am better about making a little time for myself either meditating or taking a long walk. Then other days, I don't wake up in that mindset and blam! it hits me. Such as today for instance....

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Economic Downturn is my new IBS trigger! new
      #338876 - 12/04/08 10:51 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Yes ... it's getting to me, too! I guess we just hang on for the ride. That's easy to say now that I'm not camped on the stool.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Me too! new
      #338879 - 12/04/08 10:59 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Stressing about money has been lifelong for me, but it's definitely worse now! It seems like I wake up every morning in full attack. I have to count to 500 first thing, or else I have to run to the bathroom.

Just got my 401K statement. *shudder* Not worth the paper it's written on. Yesterday I called the county for the paperwork to officially file for medicaid and prescription assistance. Unbelievable. I have no idea how I'm going to pay for my bc shot next week. The counselor on the phone suggested I show them my filled out paperwork, considering there's no way I'll be in the system by then. Stress!!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.... ohmm, ohmm...

~nelly~

Re: Me too! new
      #338882 - 12/04/08 11:18 AM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

I am stressing a bit myself. It has even affected the book/magazine markets, so it is tough for me to make a living right now. I also do freelance for my local paper, which pays the bills, but things are a bit tight right now.

I have always been a very positive person, so I am hopeful that things will improve with time.

Lynn

Re: TIME FOR A PARTY!!WHOS BRINGING THE BOOZE?nt new
      #338886 - 12/04/08 12:22 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

I've got an e-keg!!! On me!!! -nt- new
      #338887 - 12/04/08 12:33 PM
Nelly

#338909 - 12/04/08 07:26 PM
hawkeye

401k - 401 shmay. I wouldn't stress too much on that one - if you and I are about the same generation, (born in the early 70's?) by the time we are old it will have value again.
However, everything else you said?.... Blech! That thing with showing htem your paperwork sounds verrrry sketchy. I will be counting to 500 along with you in the morning!

--------------------

#338934 - 12/05/08 11:51 AM
Nelly

Yep, u and I are def of the same generation. Normally I choose to file the 401 schmay paperwork and forget it (not my money! no use getting stressed!), but just this time I hazard a look. Bad idea!!!

The medicaid paperwork will be awful. I have no idea if I'm filing for 2008 or 2009. Hopefully both at the same time? I applied for social security disability a few years ago and the interview took about 4 hours. THAT was awful, and of course I didn't qualify.

I remember the "face-to-face interview" part, the endless wait in the cold waiting room-- a used band-aid on the floor and the walking dead hacking up lungs all around.

Aaaaaaaaarrrrghhhhh.

I'm already beating myself up for even applying for this sh%^. I could use an alien abduction right now. Or some sort of magic pina colada, ibs-free. Anyone? Aliens? Knock out booze?

~nelly~

#338965 - 12/05/08 08:21 PM
hawkeye

I don't know about your new plan Nelly - its well known that alien abductions use totally invasive medical practices. Also they'll def. be "out of network" I vote for the magic booze

Good luck with everything. They must have some phone help line that could counsel you through the application if you get lucky enough to get through to someone helpful? I'm sure its worth figuring it out before you apply - you don't want to give them any reasons to dismiss your application for something you simply didn't understand.

I knew you were around my generation, because I once had tea with "Daliatree" remember her? And among many other topics, like poop and throwing up, we talked about a time that she'd met you and some other people from the boards for a dinner or something.

--------------------

Right there with ya new
      #339008 - 12/06/08 06:09 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

We will be putting our house on the market in the next couple of months because we are moving and it is stessing me out. My stomach hurts all the time. I try not to watch the news and I defnitely don't read anything about the housing market.

I heard someone say not to even open your 401K mail. Unless you are getting ready to retire there is no need to worry. By the time you retire things will be ok.

Everyone I know is doing a very small Christmas this year. I am grateful my kids are older and they understand how things are.

I quit my job in anticipation of our move and now I am sorry that I did.

Major IBS trigger right now.

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 72 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3816

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review