All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Would you wear this shirt in public? new
      #338960 - 12/05/08 06:35 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Despite the rather heated debate on this shirt...it's funny I feel that way sometimes too.However no its not something I would wear other than to bed.
Some people i see got really offended by this shirt..
My question is how old are you aperson? Cause as a parent I don't want to see this on my kid or do I want to have to explain to them what it means.
I have small children and if my kids were adults it wouldn't really matter but trying to sheild our children from the nastiness out there gets harder everyday and we can only do it for so long.
I'm sure if you get the shirt you won't enjoy it now cause after all these comments, how could you wear it and NOT think about everything everyone has said.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Angela new
      #338962 - 12/05/08 07:17 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I agree with you. I don't come to the Living Room very often anymore either. Things have changed so much. The LR used to be a place that offered support for issues other than IBS and we were always there for each other. I wish we could get back to that point again because we all need support.

Nice seeing you though Angela.

--------------------
Janey

Re: *DELETED* new
      #338964 - 12/05/08 07:40 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

No need to email you @ your personal email. It is your choice and right to wear the shirt if you choose to. I have no problem with that, although I would not choose to wear it. "nough said"

Lynn

#338968 - 12/05/08 09:29 PM

Unregistered

I'm going to end this topic with..I AM DEFINENTLY WEARING THIS SHIRT. f everyone else..i'm not a people person anyway..and keep to myself most of the time...I honestly would wear this all over town.

Re: Aperson new
      #339011 - 12/06/08 07:12 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Just wanted you to know my husband thinks this shirt is funny and wants to buy one for each of his volleyball team.
Instead of being the rookies, they could be the fukitols.

One for each player.It's an all adult league and they would all find it funny, not offensive.

We have shirts around here that say save the boobies.The people that wear them do it to show support to a young mother that died from breast cancer a couple years ago.

Hope you enjoy your new shirt!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#339035 - 12/07/08 08:27 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

You brought up the subject, therefore, should be able to deal with the responses. Working with 11-21 year-old students who have behavior problems - there is NOTHING I haven't heard or been told to do to myself! However, as I would tell "my children" :-) - this is certainly not appropriate in public. And, I know your answer in advance, but, I find it inappropriate for you to continue to use the "f" word - whether abbreviated or not - in your posts. I'm sure your vocabulary is much larger than that...
No student could ever wear a shirt like that to school, but sadly, I have many parents who come in dressed much like that. And, the public school system is supposed to straighen them (the students) out???
I'm sure you are a wonderful person and maybe a little attention seeking, but please don't denegrate yourself...

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#339036 - 12/07/08 08:32 PM

Unregistered

hey,thanks for the reply..I am 21,but not a student. Well since I didn't say what the "f word" was.. in the posts I used "f word" its anything your imagination desires..so if you think the f word is a certain word..then think it. Is this what you thought my answere was in advance,or something els,lol. denegrate? maybe I am reading it wrong,or saying it wrong..but i don't know what that word means.

#339039 - 12/07/08 09:12 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Thank you for not "biting my head off"! :-) As far as "knowing your answer in advance - it was similar - you do have freedom of speech, but I find it better to live in a kinder world - where I am not intentionally offending others.
But, your response by simply saying using "F" does not imply the actual word - meaning that if you think that's what it means, then 'your bad', is just a cop out... But, still doesn't give you an excuse to imply profanity. And, my bad on spelling denegrate - it should be "denigrate" which is similar to belittle and means, you are too intelligent to use this language to make yourself look bad:
" to cause (a person or thing) to seem little or less".
Think better of yourself than this....

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#339042 - 12/08/08 06:44 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

My 2 cents....When I read the t-shirt it made me laugh because it sums up how I feel on some days. However, I would not wear it in public for two reasons,

a) it is offensive to some people, I think you got a pretty good sample of what people's thought might be in the replies above; and,

b) it might affect the way people perceive me. I don't use such language in public (not that I swear a lot at home, but you know, when a brick falls on your big toe there are certain words that relieve the immediate pain ), and I don't want others to think that I do.

Hope that answers your question

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#339048 - 12/08/08 08:30 AM

Unregistered

I don't care how people I don't know perceive me..the very few people I like,would care less if I wore this in public or to their house.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 761 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21606

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review