All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Pregnancy update - just over 4 weeks to go!!!
      #338479 - 11/24/08 08:00 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I'm tired. I'm REALLY tired. I just want to get this all over with!!! But I'm in the homestretch now. The baby's already dropped - about 6 weeks ago, actually! Plus I'm getting those Braxton Hicks contractions a LOT which puts even MORE pressure on my already miniscule bladder.... I don't know if I can handle another month of this!!

I feel like I'm walking around carrying a watermelon between my knees

Thank goodness the nursery is done and we have very few things left to purchase. Now we're just waiting....

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pregnancy update - just over 4 weeks to go!!! new
      #338486 - 11/24/08 10:33 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Best of luck to you, Lisa Marie! I've not been pregnant yet myself, but have watched a few friends go through it, and they were all really really dragging the last month or two. I firmly believe that we should always listen to the messages our body gives us, and your body is probably telling you to rest to prep for labor and having a newborn! So listen!

Are you still working? Will you go back to work afterward? How soon will you go back to work after your daughter is born?

--------------------
IBS-C

#338493 - 11/24/08 11:58 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I was just thinking it was a year ago that I was about 36 weeks pregnant. The last month was hard, lots of potty breaks. I could hardly go anywhere without finding the bathroom first. Then the last week I couldn't sleep. Which is horrible because that's when you need sleep the most!
If I could do anything over again after I had the baby. It would be to get as much rest as I could in the hospital and not have so many visitors. It really kept me from a few extra cat naps I could of used. The sleep deprivation in the beginning was a huge shock to my system and it's so overwelming. Good luck to you - don't mean to scare you - it's so much fun too - just grab some sleep when you can.

Debby

#338497 - 11/24/08 12:19 PM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

A great piece of advice someone gave me MANY, MANY years ago for when after the little one arrives.

SLEEP WHEN BABY SLEEPS. Don't do housework, laundry, etc because, especially if you have a fussy baby, you never know when that sleep is going to come again...my little guy was major colicky and if he fell asleep in my arms rocking him, that is where I would sleep...with him in my arms in the rocker/recliner.

Best of luck in your last month...with the holidays here, the time will fly!!!

Sharon

#338501 - 11/24/08 12:28 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I wish you all the luck in the world. It gives me hope to think I can have ibs and have a healthy pregancy. Thanks for all the advice and help you have given me. May god bless you and your baby girl. I was due with my daughter on new years eve, and went a week over due. I was like you very tired! She came when she was ready and there was 8 inches of snow!! Take care and just rest. Love and hugs! xoxoxo
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

n new
      #338502 - 11/24/08 12:32 PM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

n

#338509 - 11/24/08 02:37 PM
Lisa Marie

Thanks, Fen! Unfortunately, my "leave" doesn't start until this little girl is born, so I will be working right up till the end. I've heard some states let you start your leave early, but mine is not one of them. I'm taking 3 glorious months off thanks to the Family Medical Leave Act, and then will go back 36 hours or so per week instead of 40. I hope to go back full time when I'm done breastfeeding. I'm one of those people who LOVE to work, so I can't imagine being a stay-at-home mom.... but I'm an engineer, so I guess I just need that mental stimulation every day!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#338510 - 11/24/08 02:41 PM
Lisa Marie

Thanks for the tip, Debby! I guess the one good thing about NONE of our family being in the same state (we live in CO, both of our families are in IL), is that we won't have any visitors at the hospital! And friends have recommended that we let the baby sleep in the nursery, especially at night, so that WE can sleep! So I will keep that in mind.

I'm definitely feeling sleep deprived. It amazes me how easy it used to be to flip from one position to another in my sleep - now it's quite a process to move me and all my pillows from one position to another! Definitely can't do it in my sleep anymore!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#338511 - 11/24/08 02:42 PM
Lisa Marie

Thanks, Sharon! Sleep is definitely at the top of my list these days!!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#338513 - 11/24/08 02:45 PM
Lisa Marie

Anytime, emmasmom!! I've been very lucky that IBS has not really bothered me at all during this pregnancy. I think the occasional gas and C have been just because of being pg, not my IBS. I noticed little flare-ups between trimesters, but not too bad. I was very glad I spent that year getting stable before getting pregnant! Thank you, and good luck to you, too!

As for the snow, luckily hubby has a 4-wheel-drive truck that also has off-road capability. We'll get to that hospital one way or another!!!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 441 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26349

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review