All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Pregnancy update - just over 4 weeks to go!!!
      #338479 - 11/24/08 08:00 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I'm tired. I'm REALLY tired. I just want to get this all over with!!! But I'm in the homestretch now. The baby's already dropped - about 6 weeks ago, actually! Plus I'm getting those Braxton Hicks contractions a LOT which puts even MORE pressure on my already miniscule bladder.... I don't know if I can handle another month of this!!

I feel like I'm walking around carrying a watermelon between my knees

Thank goodness the nursery is done and we have very few things left to purchase. Now we're just waiting....

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pregnancy update - just over 4 weeks to go!!! new
      #338486 - 11/24/08 10:33 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Best of luck to you, Lisa Marie! I've not been pregnant yet myself, but have watched a few friends go through it, and they were all really really dragging the last month or two. I firmly believe that we should always listen to the messages our body gives us, and your body is probably telling you to rest to prep for labor and having a newborn! So listen!

Are you still working? Will you go back to work afterward? How soon will you go back to work after your daughter is born?

--------------------
IBS-C

#338493 - 11/24/08 11:58 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I was just thinking it was a year ago that I was about 36 weeks pregnant. The last month was hard, lots of potty breaks. I could hardly go anywhere without finding the bathroom first. Then the last week I couldn't sleep. Which is horrible because that's when you need sleep the most!
If I could do anything over again after I had the baby. It would be to get as much rest as I could in the hospital and not have so many visitors. It really kept me from a few extra cat naps I could of used. The sleep deprivation in the beginning was a huge shock to my system and it's so overwelming. Good luck to you - don't mean to scare you - it's so much fun too - just grab some sleep when you can.

Debby

#338497 - 11/24/08 12:19 PM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

A great piece of advice someone gave me MANY, MANY years ago for when after the little one arrives.

SLEEP WHEN BABY SLEEPS. Don't do housework, laundry, etc because, especially if you have a fussy baby, you never know when that sleep is going to come again...my little guy was major colicky and if he fell asleep in my arms rocking him, that is where I would sleep...with him in my arms in the rocker/recliner.

Best of luck in your last month...with the holidays here, the time will fly!!!

Sharon

#338501 - 11/24/08 12:28 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I wish you all the luck in the world. It gives me hope to think I can have ibs and have a healthy pregancy. Thanks for all the advice and help you have given me. May god bless you and your baby girl. I was due with my daughter on new years eve, and went a week over due. I was like you very tired! She came when she was ready and there was 8 inches of snow!! Take care and just rest. Love and hugs! xoxoxo
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

n new
      #338502 - 11/24/08 12:32 PM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

n

#338509 - 11/24/08 02:37 PM
Lisa Marie

Thanks, Fen! Unfortunately, my "leave" doesn't start until this little girl is born, so I will be working right up till the end. I've heard some states let you start your leave early, but mine is not one of them. I'm taking 3 glorious months off thanks to the Family Medical Leave Act, and then will go back 36 hours or so per week instead of 40. I hope to go back full time when I'm done breastfeeding. I'm one of those people who LOVE to work, so I can't imagine being a stay-at-home mom.... but I'm an engineer, so I guess I just need that mental stimulation every day!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#338510 - 11/24/08 02:41 PM
Lisa Marie

Thanks for the tip, Debby! I guess the one good thing about NONE of our family being in the same state (we live in CO, both of our families are in IL), is that we won't have any visitors at the hospital! And friends have recommended that we let the baby sleep in the nursery, especially at night, so that WE can sleep! So I will keep that in mind.

I'm definitely feeling sleep deprived. It amazes me how easy it used to be to flip from one position to another in my sleep - now it's quite a process to move me and all my pillows from one position to another! Definitely can't do it in my sleep anymore!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#338511 - 11/24/08 02:42 PM
Lisa Marie

Thanks, Sharon! Sleep is definitely at the top of my list these days!!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#338513 - 11/24/08 02:45 PM
Lisa Marie

Anytime, emmasmom!! I've been very lucky that IBS has not really bothered me at all during this pregnancy. I think the occasional gas and C have been just because of being pg, not my IBS. I noticed little flare-ups between trimesters, but not too bad. I was very glad I spent that year getting stable before getting pregnant! Thank you, and good luck to you, too!

As for the snow, luckily hubby has a 4-wheel-drive truck that also has off-road capability. We'll get to that hospital one way or another!!!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#338514 - 11/24/08 02:51 PM
Lisa Marie

Yeah, I remember feeling that way at 32 weeks! Just wait!! Ha!! I'm telling you, there's just something that happens during that last month that just makes you feel BLAH!!

Sounds like you're right on track with your weight, too! I've also only gained 23 lbs up to this point, and I don't think I'll gain much more, if any. My tummy is too squished to let me eat too much. But like you, I feel lucky that I haven't had any of the bad stuff like hemorrhoids, stretch marks, swelling, etc. If being tired is the worst thing I experience while pregnant, I think I'm doing pretty good! I don't get achey very often, just once in awhile my back bothers me if I'm on my feet or sitting too much.

Good luck to you - you need to post a belly picture btw!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Scratch that - ANY DAY NOW!! new
      #338549 - 11/25/08 10:42 AM
Lisa Marie

Holy crap! DH and I just went to our 36-week checkup this morning, and I'm already 75% effaced and 1 cm dilated!!! Plus, Baby's head is at +2 station... We thought we had a whole month to go, but the NP said we'd be lucky to make it until next weekend!!!! Needless to say, we're both freaking out a little bit! Hopefully we'll at least make it through our final childbirth class this Saturday.

Won't be long now!! Our little girl will be here soon!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: Scratch that - ANY DAY NOW!! new
      #338550 - 11/25/08 11:11 AM
emmasmom

Ohh thats wonderful!! I know its scary but trust me when it all happens and you see her little face for the first time! Its a mircale! I wish you lots of luck love and a fast pain free labor!
Hugs xxxxxxx
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#338552 - 11/25/08 11:24 AM
sharond

Get your bags packed girl and be ready to go!!!! This may sound crazy,,,,,but I loved going through childbirth...it's such a miracle and when that little head pops out and they lay the baby on top of you, it is truly an overwhelming feeling of love like none other. Embrace the moment and etch it in your memory.

Now sit back, relax and enjoy the last few days of pregnancy.

Best wishes and I hope all goes well for you.
Sharon

#338557 - 11/25/08 12:21 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Wow that is super exciting!!

Now I'm anxious for you!!

Hope everything goes well!!!It's the most amazing thing when they hand you that little person.
Take care!and be ready!!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#338559 - 11/25/08 12:51 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Best of luck to you and your family!

#338591 - 11/26/08 06:21 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I can remember having to hold on to my basketball size stomach each time I moved from my left to my right side in bed. What a chore that was. It will be over before ya know it! Yes those nursery's in the hospital are great so you can get some sleep.

#338650 - 11/27/08 08:36 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Holy cow - you have to work all the way to your due date in order to get three months of leave. That just seems so harsh. In Canada you get a year off and you can choose to split it with your partner. If I stayed in Scotland it would have been the same thing. There is reasearch out there that says women are more likely to return to work if they have a long mat leave

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#338666 - 11/28/08 09:09 AM
Lisa Marie

Tell me about it! The US is way behind the curve on this one. In fact, only 6 weeks of my 3 months is paid, the rest is unpaid!! There's no way I can imagine going back to work after 6 weeks... but I have a feeling I'll be ready after 3 months. It will be hard, but I've accepted that I'm not the stay-at-home-mom type. Like I said, I think it's the engineer in me! But you can be sure I'm going to enjoy and cherish every moment of my 3 months. Can't wait!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#338667 - 11/28/08 09:14 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

In Sweden we get something over 400 days off, right now I think one month is specifically for the dad. It's all paid, but not with full salary. In total, if you want to take some time off without salary, I think my sister said they are not allowed to deny you to be on maternity leave for up to 2 years per child.

I think the most important thing is to have a choice in the matter. If you want to work then you should be able to do that too.

/Ulrika

The waiting is KILLING ME!! new
      #339047 - 12/08/08 08:18 AM
Lisa Marie

Thursday I went in for my 37 week checkup. 80% effaced and 3cm! My NP can't figure out why I'm not in labor yet, especially since I'm getting contractions ALL the time. Hubby and I spent the weekend trying to speed up the process, to no avail. I'm losing patience... and energy... I have another appt this Thursday and if I make it that far, my NP said she will strip my membranes to (hopefully) get things moving! She is already one stubborn little girl with a mind of her own.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: The waiting is KILLING ME!! new
      #339054 - 12/08/08 10:07 AM
emmasmom

Just hang in there! I know how hard it it! I was a weekover due and I was so ready! I thought I was going to be pregant forever. They were going to induce me on a monday but early sat moring I finely went into labor! Then when I did I couldn't believe it was happening. When shes ready you'll know. Mine was stubborn to. Take care! God bless!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#339072 - 12/08/08 02:38 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Waiting at the end is the hardest part because you are so anxious to welcome your new little one into the world. Also, most women are tired of being pregnant by this point. Hopefully something will happen before Thursday but if not after she strips your membrane things will starting moving along.

I wish you luck!

--------------------
Janey

#339081 - 12/08/08 06:10 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Oh I bet you are anxious! I hope things go well and quickly for you. Believe me the wait is soooo worth it! Best to you!

#339082 - 12/08/08 06:46 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I ditto Sharond's advice. My daughter was also colicky - we had no family to help us, so my husband and I would take turns walking the floor. Believe me, Sharond's advice is best - sleep when baby sleeps. As she got a little older, I would nap when she did on the same bed and as she started waking up, I would start rocking the bed again to get just a few more minutes of sleep in!
Prayers and Best Wishes - Your Journey of a Lifetime is just beginning - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Early Labor!! new
      #339283 - 12/12/08 09:05 AM
Lisa Marie

Went to my 38 week appt yesterday and was shocked when my NP told me I was dilated to 5-6 cm!! Why wasn't I in labor?? So she stripped my membranes (NOT pleasant), and called ahead to the hospital to see if they'd admit me. They said they would. So I met DH at home and we headed straight there. Still no painful contractions. They put us in a Labor and Delivery room where they monitored me for awhile and checked me. The doctor there said I was actually only about 4cm, so I was rather disappointed. I was starting to feel my contractions intensify, but not enough to warrant staying there. So after a few hours (and lots of walking), we decided to head home and continue laboring here until things really pick up. VERY disappointing!!!!

So I'm home now. My contractions are certainly hurting more than they ever have, but I'm not to the point where I am unable to "walk through them". So until either my water breaks, or the contractions intensify and get closer together, we are just waiting. My back is KILLING me today, and it wasn't yesterday, so I think that's a sign of things moving along. I hope the end is near!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: Early Labor!! new
      #339286 - 12/12/08 09:26 AM
sharond

Hi Lisa Marie,

I bet by the end of the weekend you'll be holding your little girl. The back pain is what sent me to the hospital. Hopefully, once you get to the hospital, you'll be near the end of your labor....but I don't know, she sounds like a stubborn one.

Best of luck and we all expect to see some pictures real soon!!

Sharon

#339296 - 12/12/08 10:25 AM
dragonfly

Oh all I had was back pain for all my kids.
Pay attention to the time and if they get five mins apart GOOOOOO.
My first was 32 hours
Second was almost at home about 4 hours total
and third was back to long drawn out but when my water broke it was like three hours tops and she was born 20 min after arriving.
Better to be there than at home or on the road.

Your labor could stop but if you keep walking it may help. ya know gravity and all.
Good luck!!!

--------------------

#339301 - 12/12/08 11:12 AM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

good luck and hang in there! Sounds so hard but so exciting too!

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#339306 - 12/12/08 02:47 PM
emmasmom

Thats a very good sign that your backs hurting! Hang in there shes on her way! God bless!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#339331 - 12/13/08 09:44 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Good luck! I'll hope for you it's quick and (relatively) easy!!! HUGS!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

I'm a Mommy!!! new
      #339728 - 12/20/08 10:39 AM
Lisa Marie

Rhiannon Marie was born last Saturday, December 13 at 3:40 in the morning. I had about 15 hours of real labor, but ended up getting pitocin and an epidural after about 12 hours. I lost a LOT of blood, which made me anemic, so it has taken me quite awhile to get my strength back. She's a tiny one at 5 lbs, 14 oz and 18.75 inches long. Here's a few pictures!!! We think she's beautiful!!!

Oh, and her name comes from that old Fleetwood Mac song...

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: I'm a Mommy!!! new
      #339729 - 12/20/08 10:41 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Congrats!!!! She's beautiful! Enjoy every minute. It goes so fast, really. My "baby" is now 8 months old

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#339732 - 12/20/08 11:41 AM
Angela E.

Lisa, she is beautiful! She is so alert! What a wonderful Christmas gift! Enjoy every minute. They do grow up so fast!!! You look great too!!!

#339743 - 12/20/08 04:32 PM
ericai

Reged: 11/09/08
Loc: Nassau County, NY

Congratulations!! I'll say the same...it does go really fast. My son is now 4 and I have no idea where the time went!

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

#339744 - 12/20/08 04:36 PM
Flipada

WOW!! She is teeny. So sweet. She's a beauty. I'm very happy for you. While everyone says it goes by fast, I have to say that those first six weeks don't really feel like it because you're so exhausted. Take any opportunity to nap and catch up. FORGET about the house!!! Hugs to you!!! Love the name.

--------------------
**Lauren**

#339745 - 12/20/08 05:21 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Congrats, Lisa Marie. She is a beauty. By the way, that OLD Fleetwood Mac song was one of my favorites back in the day, so I guess that makes me OLD.

Good luck and rest up when you can.

Lynn

#339748 - 12/20/08 06:17 PM
Janey

Congratulations! She is beautiful and so tiny. You look so happy and I am sure you are glad that the labor is over. It is all worthwhile isn't it?

Enjoy every minute because time goes by so fast. My baby is 19 now.

--------------------
Janey

#339751 - 12/20/08 06:53 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Beautiful! Congratulations!!!

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#339765 - 12/21/08 06:27 AM
sharond

Congratulations Lisa Marie....she is adorable.
Sharon

#339790 - 12/21/08 10:38 AM
dragonfly

She is perfection! She is so beautiful. Congratulations!

--------------------

#339851 - 12/22/08 10:43 AM
emmasmom

I am so happy for you! congrulations. She is precious. It goes by so fast hold her cuddle with her all you want cause when they hit 3 they don't sit still to long for that. Shes beautiful!
Thanks again for all the help this year! Merrry Christmas to all of you! xxxx
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Now that's a real Christmas gift!! Congratulations! -nt- new
      #339870 - 12/22/08 04:48 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: She's Beautiful!!! Congrats!!-nt- new
      #340195 - 12/30/08 07:56 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Lisa Marie new
      #340331 - 01/01/09 03:22 PM
Janey

How are things going?

--------------------
Janey

Re: Janey - pictures!! new
      #340489 - 01/06/09 09:35 AM
Lisa Marie

I'm SO TIRED!!!! But I know it's all worth it. Thanks for asking! There are days when I feel like i'm just not cut out for this Mommy stuff, and other days I can't imagine doing anything else. Luckily my husband is VERY helpful; i'm a very lucky woman!! She's 3.5 weeks now, and still not on any kind of schedule, but at least she usually gives me one long stretch between feedings overnight now. I had NO idea what hard work this would be!!! And, here's a few pictures of my little princess...

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#340490 - 01/06/09 10:09 AM
Janey

Oh my gosh, she is beautiful! The beginning is always hard but once you get into a routine things will get easier. Having children is work just like a marriage but so worth it.

Just try to get sleep when you can. Sometimes you have to let other things go around the house and catch a little nap when she does.

--------------------
Janey

lisa marie She so cute! new
      #340499 - 01/06/09 11:42 AM
emmasmom

She is so CUTE! I rember when my daughter was that little. It goes by so fast! She'll be 4 in two days!!!! Were does the time go? I have been off the pill for a month now hoping to become prego really soon. Mt first preiod was really late so I am having a hard time wondering when I ovulate now.. Thanks for letting my ramble wish me luck and take care...
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#340508 - 01/06/09 01:25 PM
Lisa Marie

Thank you!!! I'm off to take a nap right now...

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: lisa marie She so cute! new
      #340509 - 01/06/09 01:28 PM
Lisa Marie

Thanks! I can't believe how fast it goes - I also can't imagine doing this again for quite a few years!!!

Good luck! But be patient. It took me almost 3 months to get my period when I first went off the pill. I bought Ovulation Predictor Kits from this site and it really helped since my cycle never got regular: www.early-pregnancy-tests.com. I kept track of my ovulation for MONTHS - and finally got pregnant the month I stopped checking. Go figure! Sometimes these things can stress you out more and make it even harder, but for others they work great.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#340523 - 01/06/09 04:44 PM
Angela E.

She is soo cute!!! Yes sleep when she does. You can't do that when there is two! And don't worry about the house. People are coming to see the baby not your house!

Emmasmom is your daughter's birthday Jan. 8?? That is my son's b-day. He will be 5.

#340532 - 01/06/09 07:03 PM
emmasmom

yes it is jan 8 she will be 4 (going on 16 )! Thats elvis birthday to! Happy birthday to your little guy!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

so, so, soooo cute! nfm new
      #340538 - 01/07/09 03:29 AM
Flipada

--------------------
**Lauren**

#340549 - 01/07/09 10:08 AM
Angela E.

Happy b-day to your little girl! I know it's Elvis's b-day because that day when i was in labor my dad came in and said well if you have a boy today you can name him Elvis! I knew he was joking but at 7cm dialted with no epidural yet, i didn't think it was too funny!!

#340550 - 01/07/09 10:13 AM
emmasmom

HA! Ya I hear ya I was a week opver due and 2 days before we heard on the tv that it was elvis b-day and I told my husband what if shes born on elvis b-day and she was!!! It was a cold day and we had 8 1/2 inches of snow and thats how much she weighed! She kinda like elvis she likes to sing and dance! !
emamsmom
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 351 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26358

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review