All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
ya just didn't get it new
      #338613 - 11/26/08 05:22 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

My suggestion that vegans do believe they are better than others was, as I pointed out, tongue in cheek. I assume everyone knows what that means.
I am also really offended in general by what has gone on here and will probably write to Heather about it.
Let's review.
I asked for help, on the Living Room forum, from those who don't eat meat to aid me in my previous choice not to eat meat.
The thread suddenly had inflammatory responses by those who somehow felt the need to argue for the side of meat eaters. The thread was not about the choice not to eat meat and whether it is good or bad but about my personal difficulties with the logistics of it.
Then someone insinuated that God has commanded his followers to eat meat and I pointed out that man did not eat meat when they were created and afterward when God allowed it after the flood he gave guidelines that showed his desire for us to respect the lives we take. (this is really absolute fact to anyone who has read the Bible)
Now I am accosted with a response that indicates I personally offended someone by some sort of implication that those who eat meat are evil or something and that I was being judgmental and pushing my opinions of Christianity so let's back up and see what really was said shall we?
I never brought God up, this was a secular discussion. I never wanted to talk about anything religious and I feel very upset that a few people cannot talk about their diets on this forum without people pushing in and arguing with them! What is so offensive about someone choosing not to eat meat?! Why do people get so upset by it? With these People Eating Tasty Animals bumper stickers and all- it is like I said I wanted to be a communist or something. What is the deal? I want Heather to lock this thread and start a forum for meatless eating. And I don't want anybody butting into a thread about my diet choices to make me argue about what the Bible says about meat (I can do it if need be; I have nearly 30 years of Bible training). I can't believe anyone could hint that I think meat eating Christians are doing something wrong. Guess what? My husband, who I love, is a meat eating Christian.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ya just didn't get it new
      #338616 - 11/26/08 06:08 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

As any thread, others post opinions and sometimes those opinions veer away from the original post.Happens alot.

This is the living room and from what I understand this is meant for discussions that are non IBS related.Therefore I think anyone has a right to make a comment on here.
I'm not sure which comment you are refering to exactly but the responses may not be for you but someone else.

I notice that often other people will pick up a comment and start talking back and forth to each other and then the original question has nothing to do with it.

I think it would be a great idea to include a new forum for non meat eaters to exchange recipes or ideas.It would be great to have a forum strictly for vegetarians so that you don't have tp sift through all the other recipes.

Great idea.

I do think that this discussion has worn itself out though. Everyone involved has made their own point and no we don't all agreee but such is life.

I don't think anyone would say that there is a problem with not eating meat. The problem occurs when others insinuate that by eating meat, we are somehow not living in or raising our children in a healthy environment.

I have a problem with that.

As I stated before, I hope you find a reasonable solution to your dissatifaction with the nonmeat choices you have.It sounds like alot of work just figuring out your meals.
As always I hope your IBS is undercontrol and wish everyone calm tummys and regular bms.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: Dragonfly/ya just didn't get it new
      #338632 - 11/27/08 07:55 AM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

Hey Dragonfly,

Thanks....your post is a kind and understanding way to put this issue to rest.

I was just going to say "Happy Thanksgiving" but not even sure you celebrate a Thanksgiving kind of day in Canada!!!

Take Care
Sharon

Re: We had our thanksgiving last month.Enjoy yours!nt new
      #338649 - 11/27/08 08:03 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 253 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17285

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review