All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: for GAGA new
      #338298 - 11/18/08 04:58 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Hi Dorothy,

The antibiotics may be part of the problem. Have you tried taking acidophilus pills with your antibiotic? That always helps me.

Sinus infections can cause nausea and the runs. That mucous has to go somewhere and come out somewhere. Also, you have to figure when your body is sick with whatever kind of infection, it is going to affect you all over, not just where the infection is present.

I am with you about being a scaredy cat when it comes to taking meds. I rarely take any. But, I have taken Immodium in the morning occasionally. The only side effect I noticed was maybe I was a little more tired, but that might have been all in my head. Trust me, if I can take it, you can. I am the QUEEN OF SCARED.

As far as taking the Immodium with the antibiotics, why don't you call your doc or pharmicist. I am sure it is OK, but the D may need to run its course, instead of you plugging it up.

I hope this helps.

Be Well

Lynn

Edited by osbo54 (11/18/08 05:00 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: for Lynn/osbo54 new
      #338305 - 11/19/08 03:15 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I did call the pharmacist and she said it was OK - to separate it from other meds about 1 -2 hours. However - having had multiple medications reactions - I still doubt! I know it's silly - maybe it has become a phobia over the years - I've just gone through too many scarey experiences! BUT - if the "D" gets any worse, I will try the Immodium. It seems a little better now.
Crazy how one symptom will make you panicky, and along comes another one - like my throat feeling like I can't swallow - from the coughing and drainage. I keep reminding myself "you've been here before, you made it then, you'll make it now". But, anything new just seems to knock my body (and mind:-) for a loop.
I don't know about anyone else - but just knowing other people have been where I am - that they understand - that they encourage me: is worth more than gold!!!!
There's a Christian song that says "He soothes my doubts and calms my fears..." - God does indeed do that, but so do you, my friends!
Thank you & Blessings for a Great Day - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Edited by GaGa (11/19/08 06:43 PM)

Re:Emmasmom new
      #338306 - 11/19/08 03:18 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

You are an angel! Thank you so much for your caring!
Blessings! Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Edited by GaGa (11/19/08 03:21 AM)

Gaga right back at ya-nt new
      #338313 - 11/19/08 05:00 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Re: Problems getting worse and WORSE!! new
      #338345 - 11/19/08 06:09 PM
peanutbug

Reged: 11/19/08

You sound so cool! I am new to all of this and just found Heather's site tonight...I feel that I am on the right track. I have not been diagnosed yet but I may fall into the IBS category. For years I have "episodes." It usually happens when I go out to eat and have something like high fatty sauces that I don't normally have. I usually try to cover myself with pepermint tums before and after I eat. Things like Chocolate do not bother me and I eat yogurt almost everyday without any problem. I don't know if I truly have IBS....any suggestions????? Thank you - oops...and another thing...how do you post? I have never done this before so I am replying first to try it out.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 605 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4951

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review