All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I am scared to go off the pill
      #337900 - 11/10/08 10:07 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

As most of you know I had a misscarriage about a year ago and after that my doc put me on the birth contole pill to balance out my hormones.It has made a huge differance in my ibs I am able to eat more and get more in me than I was this time last year. For example I was only eating strawberyys and greenbeans. Now I am doing so much better with things I still have gas. But I am able to "go" every other day or every 2 days. I feel 100 better than this time last year. I am afraid after I go off the pill it will all come crashing down and I will have attacks and just be sick all the time. I am very scared of this happening after I have worked and come so far with things. I have come a long way with food and vitmins in the last year. Any advice would be great. I am scared for so many reasons. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks
emmasmom(sheila)
ibs-c gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am scared to go off the pill new
      #337922 - 11/10/08 05:37 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I actually had to recently go off the pill.It was causing alot of headaches and cramps and chest pains.Doc decided to take me off and see how that helps and it has made a huge differance.

You want to get pregnant so you really have no choice but just stick with what you are doing and don't make any huge changes.
Good luck!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#337937 - 11/11/08 08:28 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I know what you mean... I was scared of doing just that after spending an entire year of my life stabilizing with the IBS diet. Once I did, I had some problems (mainly estrogen-driven migraines), and had to deal with an increase of IBS symptoms during my period. But I kept my mind focused on the big picture - getting pregnant and having a baby! Pregnancy has actually been very kind to my IBS, it hasn't bothered me very much at all. Sure, during this third trimester I've struggled a little with gas and some C, but that's typical.

You've learned what you need to do to keep control of your IBS, so just remember all of that, and don't stray! I think you'll be fine! Just remember what your ultimate goal is!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#337940 - 11/11/08 08:52 AM
Karen18

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Near Philadelphia, PA

Think positively! I used to live on Immodium and antacids, but have reached a point where I only need them on occasion. The pill helped you to get fairly stable and able to eat a more varied diet. Your body may now be able to continue this way on its own.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 696 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2077

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review