All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Home improvements-pictures!!
      #336960 - 10/13/08 12:04 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Will and I have been very busy the last 2 months repainting every room but the kitchen. The front bedroom, small hall and bath are still not done but most of the other rooms are. Remember its a very old house, built in 1922 so the "cracks" you may see in the walls are from the plaster (yes, plaster, not drywall) settling. I have sanded and sanded and sanded but they only get so smooth without paying to have them redone. We sanded the old, peeling varnish off the wood trim and painted it white. We got rid of the huge entertainment center and went with a flat screen TV, which really opened up the front room. Will put in all new electrical outlets and covers, we got new carpet. We decided we wanted lots of color!! Unfortunately, the red that's in the front room just doesn't photograph well, it looks much better in person. We were on a really tight budget but I think so far, its turning out pretty good for what we had to work with! We need to take a few weekends off before tackling the rest of the house but this is what we have done so far.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/michelebrake/house%20fall%2008/

You really didn't think I could post pictures and not have at least one or two of the boys in there, did ya?

I hope everyone is doing well. I read all the time but don't post a lot anymore. My IBS has taken a back seat to my sarcoidosis. But, my remicade infusions are going well otherwise I would have never been able to do this much house stuff. Since I was so sick for almost 4 years, the house barely got cleaned let alone anything else. So, we decided since I am starting to feel better and Will and I are working hard on our marriage that we would completely make-over the inside of the house. A sort of new beginning for everything. The walls used to be a very light color with very old wood trim that the varnish was bubbled and peeling. We wanted color! I'm sure its not everyones style but we like it and its unique!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Home improvements-pictures!! new
      #336962 - 10/13/08 03:24 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Michelle-
Glad to hear you are doing so well! What a job and how beautiful! Love all the colors. I have a green and white guest bedroom and have loved it. Also, red is one of my favorite colors. Even though we have white walls in our great room, I use red/green/mustard/gold accents - kind of Tuscan like.. Ya'll have really done a great job!
Blessings- Dorothy
P.S. "Da Boys" seem to enjoy their new surroundings as well!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#336963 - 10/13/08 03:29 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I LOVE the colors, Michele! So bright and cheerful! And older houses have such character; I much prefer them to "new" houses! I'm with you, I can't STAND white walls!

Glad to hear you are feeling better, and what a great way for you and Will to "start over"!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#336967 - 10/13/08 05:13 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I love the color! Everything looks so great. I especially love the green in the dining room. And pink has always been a favorite color of mine! You really are feeling better if you are doing all this stuff, because painting is not easy work. I am so glad that you and Will are working on your marriage. It helps so much when you are both feeling well. I also think the redoing of the house is a great way to start over.

#336978 - 10/14/08 04:43 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Your house looks awesome, Michele! Love all the color. Our house could use a little bit of that Almost everything is sage green. Gets kind of old after a while. Glad to hear the treatments are still going well and that you and Will are working things out. Can't wait to see the rest of the house when you get it done. Maybe you'll have to host a MI oldies get-together when it's done

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#336983 - 10/14/08 08:32 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Wow.... you've done a wonderful job... and great colors!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the purple!!!

Glad you and Will are doing well too! {{hugs}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re:Thanks everyone!! new
      #336995 - 10/14/08 11:50 AM
michele

It has been a lot of hard work and I am definitely exhausted!! Its just all so clean and fresh and happy feeling though!!

I was a little nervous about all the intense color but I think it all pulls together nicely. The front bedroom that is used for my craft/exercise room is directly off the front room and doesn't have a door or anything. We are painting that room ORANGE!! One of the brochures we picked up on paint colors showed two rooms next to each other in the red/orange combo and it looked cool. Lets hope the orange isn't too over the top! I guess we can always paint over it if we hate it. Frankly though, I could go a very long time without ever seeing paint or sandpaper again!

I would love to host a little party at the house when we get it all together!!

As far as Will and I, we are still working through things. We each see our own shrink and we are communicating much better. Its not completely smooth sailing but we keep working at it! Things have come a long way in the last year.

--------------------

#337007 - 10/14/08 04:10 PM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

The colours just jump right at you!! I love them all!! My daughter would definitely love the purple room!! Good job to both of you on the painting and working on your marriage!!

#337756 - 11/06/08 07:58 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Looks great Michele! Hey, when my Hubby & I get our own place, do u think u could come over & do our improvements too? (kidding). Hope u r doing well!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#338631 - 11/27/08 07:21 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Hi there!

Great to see you're doing so well. Your home looks great. (And the boys too of course.) I will post an update on what's going on in my life some time soon.

Big hugs,

Ulrika

#338779 - 12/02/08 02:52 PM
michele

Thanks! Unfortunatly we haven't made anymore progress. I am still paying physically for what we did. I figured we will resume again after the 1st of the year!

Big hugs back to you to!

--------------------

#370811 - 01/22/14 11:48 PM
Cameronkrtz

Reged: 01/22/14

I personally think that bedroom should have comfortable and cozy colors which soothes mind and make you feel relax. Light green, light blue, wooden and earthy colors like the shades of brown also look good. We have red and white dual shade in our bedroom. Go for Ivory color for small hall, grey, wales green looks cool in bathroom. The color you are choosing must go well with you Kitchen cabinets, appliances, furniture and other accessories.

Edited by Cameronkrtz (03/18/14 02:54 AM)

#370812 - 01/22/14 11:51 PM
Cameronkrtz

Reged: 01/22/14

Purple is very much in trend these days. Very lively and creative color.

Edited by Cameronkrtz (01/22/14 11:53 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 483 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12221

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review