All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS, sleep, nutrition
      #336685 - 10/03/08 03:28 AM
CharlotteMiranda

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Berlin, Germany

For the last few months I have really had a problem with getting enough sleep - every morning when I wake up, I look terrible, red eyes ringed with dark circles, and I feel very weary. And yet I am getting about 8 hours sleep a night, which in theory should be enough. Is there a link between IBS and tiredness? I also wonder if poor nutrition could be a cause of the way my eyes look and feel in the morning - my IBS is bad so frequently that I eat a very restricted diet (can never seem to get stable as I always make a little "mistake" with the diet, such as letting my stomach get empty because I´m out and about, and then I am back to square one).

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS, sleep, nutrition new
      #336688 - 10/03/08 06:08 AM
sindi

Reged: 10/02/08

Hi CharlotteMiranda

Why dont you try exercising in the evening when you are from work but a few hours before sleep or early in the morning before you do anything else. Excercise did a lot to give me deep restful sleep some years ago when i was depressed. You might be sleeping eight hours but you might not be resting eight hours.I find water also helps e.g. lots to drink and a good soak as well.

Thanks for the encouragement, I definitely needed that.

Sindi

#336729 - 10/04/08 12:51 AM
CharlotteMiranda

Hi Sindi, thanks for this tip - I hadn´t considered the possibility that I might not be getting good quality sleep. What sort of exercise did you do? It has to be aerobic presumably i.e. gentle exercise like walking wouldn´t work?

#336743 - 10/05/08 12:54 AM
sindi

Hi CharlotteMiranda

How you doing? Try aerobics, jogging or anything else that will work up a good sweat, for 30mins to 1hr each day. You can start slowly but build it up with time. Be sure to warm up and cool down/warm down before and after. A warm shower or soak afterwards is ideal.It feels good and it will help you sleep like a baby. Dont forget the water as well. Most importantly try and wind down and really relax before bed. You know i also need to start exercising coz i had stopped a few months ago. All this stuff with the IBS is probably partly because im out of sync physically.

"Trouble don't last forever."

Have a lovely day!

Sindi

#336752 - 10/06/08 02:18 AM
CharlotteMiranda

Hi Sindi, thanks again, this sounds like great advice. Just need to get myself a decent pair of running shoes and then I can give it a try. I did go through a phase of jogging once a few years ago and it was hell to begin with(!) but as you say, the thing is to start off slowly.
I will try to have a nice day although the weather is pretty rubbish - grey and cold. I´m gonna make myself a lovely soy rice pudding which should cheer me up!
Hope things are improving for you, and you´re enjoying your studies.

I feel better now new
      #336793 - 10/07/08 10:48 AM
sindi

Hi CharlotteMiranda

I just had my first full day at school without running out of a classroom. My stomach didnt make noise and i made sure i was never hungry. I also took a lot of fennel tea and fresh ginger and it really calmed my tummy. I am taking it one day at a time.I hope things start to improve for you as well. As for the weather i am dreading the winter that everyone seems to be scared of here. But for now its sunny but cold.

God bless

Sindi

Re: I feel better now new
      #336837 - 10/09/08 12:12 AM
CharlotteMiranda

That´s great news that you´re feeling better! I´m still struggling a bit but I´m going to keep working at it...
And yep, I´m dreading the winter too!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 265 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2458

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review