Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: A post from an oldie..... new
      #336148 - 09/17/08 05:04 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Hi Janey!
I wondered if everyone was lurking and just not posting like me as well. It is good to hear from you as well... stress really does do a number on our tummies doesn't it? Hope you get those migranes under control. I have never had one, but a good friend of mine does and I know from her how painful and debilitating they can be!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#336154 - 09/17/08 05:53 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

OMG! Thanks for thinking of me. I feel a bit special. I'm hardly on here lately to even lurk. I just happened to be on tonight because I need CHOCOLATE!!!! I thought I would pop over here and see if anything exciting was happening.

I can't believe how big your kids are getting. It sounds like you had a nice anniversary. I'm totally jealous. We were suppose to go away for our 10th and instead we had a 6 week old and still recovering from his birth. This year I had strep throat. Go figure. I'm praying this year will be much better.

Shell- Best wishes with your walk. Tell Jennifer congratulations!!! I miss all you girls.

Michele- I'm so glad you are feeling better. That makes me so happy!

Lauren- 15 months already? I thought you just had your little girl. We have a little princess that thinks she runs the house too.

Mary- Loving motherhood? If you want some more, I can send you one or two of mine. J/k (most days)

Janey- Migraines are terrible. I had two last week and I do not get them that much. I always wonder what life will be as empty nesters and I just can't picture it.

As for us, life is just crazy! We are still living in our house. We had it on the market for 2 years and we took it off the end of July for what was suppose to be a month. We needed a break and we are hoping to try again in the spring or maybe sooner. I don't know. I left it up to dh.

Do you know how weird it is to look back and realize I started posting when I only had 2 and they were 3 and 5. Now they are 10 and 8. Maddy is almost 5ft! I remember posting about a bad day with Meike. That was nothing compared to my two little monsters. Zoe (will be 4 next month) keeps me on my toes and can turn me into a crazy phyco woman in 2 sec flat. I wish I knew how the heck she did that. She can be so funny too. If you have read the Fancy Nancy books, that is Zoe. Always dressing up and acting like a princess. Jaxon will be 2 the end of November and he is all boy. He almost burned down the house a couple weeks ago. We had to put the knives on the fridge. I can go on and on but you get the point. Dh is working two jobs right now. The 2nd one is his own business and is doing contract work with a company that is hoping to bring him on full time. Oh and if all that is not enough, we are homeschooling. We had an awful experience with the public school in our district and last year we pulled them out. We are enjoying it but the house is never clean and loud. Zoe and Jaxon love to destroy the house as soon as I sit down to work on math or whatever the older two need. So that's about it. Miss you all a lot.

ahhhh, kids! new
      #336181 - 09/18/08 07:53 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Isn't it funny how we all thought the others of us were gone...not lurking like we were? And how crazy that we're all so busy. Things definitely go in cycles.

This fast pace right now is maddening. With the 1 1/2 jobs, two soccer kids and baby it's nutso. Tomorrow I will be seeing a doctor for the 3rd time this week. One for each kid!

Tanner (12 1/2) - tonsils the size of boulders. They need to come out. Must miss one week of school. Thank you but NO. Xmas break is the time. I'm hoping that he'll end up sleeping better. He snores and doc thinks he may have sleep apnea. A tonsillectomy could help.

Logan (9)- tackled playing football with his older brother and friends. Head slammed into the ground, got dizzy and had vision issues. Near concussion. Headache for the next day. Sheesh.

Serena (15 mo.)- going tomorrow because she's pulling her hair out!! She has these beautiful curls but she plays with them when she's tired and will twist her hair and is now pulling it out. She's got patches where it's really thin. We're just now figuring this out. Blahhh. Can't cut her hands off. Don't want to cut her hair.

I don't have TIME FOR THIS!!

So good to hear what's going on with you ladies.

I'd definitely be up for a meeting with the Michiganders!!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#336237 - 09/19/08 06:12 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Oh my, you life sounds so busy right now. I admire you for home schooling. That is a tough job.

Life does go by so quickly. When I first registered I was living in Spain. I sure do miss those days.

Good luck with the kids!

--------------------
Janey

#336239 - 09/19/08 07:48 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

does anyone even remember me?? I pop in every now and then but I miss all of the "old" posters too. I miss having the time to post, though not really the posts themselves since as I recall they were pretty whiny and awash in self-pity.

okay, back to creepy silent lurking in the shadows.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#336244 - 09/20/08 09:48 AM
Angela E.

Sure I remember you Jen! How are you doing? I think that things really changed on the boards and some of us got frustrated answering the same questions over and over. And we all got a handle on our IBS and started living our life and not letting it run our life. I would love to check in once every couple of weeks to keep in touch with everyone. You guys were all there through some of the roughest parts of my life!

Re: ahhhh, kids! new
      #336246 - 09/20/08 10:01 AM
Angela E.

Heidi- Good to hear from you! I forgot that Ava and Jaxon were so close in age!! Just a few days! I'll have to post some new pics soon. Speaking of houses, we have two still! We have not sold our other house!! I don't think we are going to anytime soon! Everyone loves our house from the outside, but don't like the fact that it is a manufactured home. Even though it is well kept and has many updates. We were smart when we moved though and our new house was a bank owned buy. So we got a great deal on a big house and right now paying the two mortgages is what we planned on paying when we would have only had one. But still it is so frustrating.

I am sorry you had a bad experience with the public schools. It saddens me to hear that being a public school employee. I hope that things are going well with homeschooling. You must be very busy!!

#336254 - 09/20/08 11:57 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Quote:

jen1013
I miss having the time to post, though not really the posts themselves since as I recall they were pretty whiny and awash in self-pity.

If ya can't say something nice, please don't say anything. We are all suffering here and just looking for some advice and a kind word. Sorry if that offends you.

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

I'm here! new
      #336261 - 09/20/08 01:49 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Wow, we are busy too! Mia's 2nd birthday party is today....Henry is almost 11 weeks and he's our little meatball. Getting SO big, and smiles all the time. Sometimes I can't get him to nurse because he's too busy looking and me and giggling---I love it! I go back to work in 2 weeks--ugh. Thank goodness it's part time.
I thought of this board recently---about a week ago I discovered I had an external hemorrhoid!! I'd never had them and it literally "popped up" out of nowhere. I went to the doctor ASAP who sent me to a SURGEON which scared me. Luckily I didn't need surgery and it's almost gone. I guess I'm lucky because it doesn't hurt at all and I barely know it's there. Darn childbirth!

--------------------

I worded that badly; I meant my own posts -nt- new
      #336273 - 09/20/08 05:14 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 257 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10943

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review