All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Anyone ever had fever with an IBS attack?? new
      #335976 - 09/12/08 02:48 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Yeah. I was very clammy and dizzy. One minute I was freezing and the next I was sweating. It sucked.

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#335977 - 09/12/08 02:52 PM
fancymom

Your right, GaGa. A virus PLUS an IBS attack, or maybe just a virus was my first thought...but they drew blood and my white count was actually low, which meant no bacteria...and probably no virus either.

What is interesting is that a fever is almost always indicative of inflammation. Could be systemic(generalized) OR local(maybe only in my gut), but inflammation never the less.

So I am wondering if maybe I may have some inflammation in my small intestines or somewhere in my body!

--------------------
FancyMom

#335980 - 09/12/08 05:34 PM
ItalianMom

Reged: 09/11/08

Dear GaGa,

Yes, this past episode I was lightheaded when I tried to stand up after the symptoms abated.

Thanks for your response. I feel more confident that I just had a bad attack that knocked the stuffing out of me. While I am very sorry to hear that others suffer the same fate, it is comforting to know that my symptoms are not unusual. I hesitate to take these symptoms to a doctor because I am afraid of being prescribed an antibiotic and I won't take it anyway (the kiss of death for an IBS patient).

#335986 - 09/13/08 03:10 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I am anxious to hear your test results. I've had, seemingly, thousands of tests, but never cortisol - although I've read plenty about it. Like you - I feel sressed to the max all the time. Keep us updated. Wouldn't it be so nice to finally have an answer?? {{Hugs}}
I finally had to go back on antibiotics because of my bladder - knew there was a problem, but just let it go because of the side effects of the antibiotics. So, now I feel like I have double IBS!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#336012 - 09/13/08 03:24 PM
fancymom

Bless your heart, GaGa. You have really been through it, with your candida and IBS stuff.

I am VERY curious about my test results too. Actually BOTH my fasting insulin and my cortisol levels. I really am hoping I get an answer this time, but I am also trying HARD not to get my hopes up, because seems like whenever I do, I am just dissappointed. It is SOOOO FRUSTRATING!!

--------------------
FancyMom

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 750 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4841

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review