All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anyone ever had fever with an IBS attack??
      #335927 - 09/11/08 09:33 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

I had a pretty severe attack yesterday morning, starting about 1:30am. By noon the next day, I had 102f temp. I was pretty darn miserable!!
So, has anyone ever had fever when they had an attack??

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone ever had fever with an IBS attack?? new
      #335933 - 09/11/08 12:35 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I don't know if I'd call it a fever but sometimes after I get really flushed and warm

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#335940 - 09/11/08 03:00 PM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

I get really hot, too. I've not actually taken my temp, but my husband will comment that I feel warm. What's really funny is my belly will actually get really hot and sometimes sweaty!

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

#335941 - 09/11/08 03:13 PM
fancymom

Ok.
Thanks for your responses.

--------------------
FancyMom

#335945 - 09/11/08 04:27 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

One more thought - could you possibly also have a virus - the gastrointestinal type that mimics IBS so much? You're the medical professional, here, but I just wondered. We're seeing so much of this at school right now.....

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#335946 - 09/11/08 05:02 PM
ItalianMom

Reged: 09/11/08

I have probably had IBS-C most of my life, but the last couple of years it has really presented itself. I recently had a colonoscopy and all was clear.

When I have an "acute" attack (as opposed to daily gas, bloating and other mild pain) I usually get muscle aches, chills and I shake like crazy as if I am coming down with a bad cold. My stomach feels like it is being wrung like a wash cloth. I can usually get the stomach wringing to stop by popping a couple of peppermint pills. But last night I couldn't get out of bed after I got home from work. Today, my muscles still ache and I have occasional chills. Stomach is pain free but I have only eaten rice and oat meal all day. My husband is concerned that something else is happening (infection, lyme disease), but since some version of this scenario happens each time (4 in the past year), and I usually feel better by the next day (although today is an acception), I didn't think much of it. I have never actually taken my temperature during an attack so I don't know if I am actually running a fever.

My suspicion is that when my stomach acts up, my immune system goes into overdrive thinking there is something wrong somewhere in my body and thus the symptoms associated with viral or bacterial infection. I probably shouldn't be self-diagnosing, but I haven't gotten any doctor to listen to any more than 1 minute of my IBS saga so I have given up. I guess I would like to know if others have similar symptoms (chills, shakes, muscle aches).

#335956 - 09/11/08 09:15 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I hate that you go through that, but it's comforting to me to know there's someone else besides me that goes through those symptoms. I often think it must be IBS + a virus. I also get light-headed when it's really bad, do you? I was telling my regular dr. today how comforting it is to read everyone's stories and you are not alone...

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#335962 - 09/12/08 05:21 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

get shakes chills and dizzy sometimes.Other times I get hot and clammy

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#335974 - 09/12/08 02:42 PM
fancymom

Yup.
You just described my day to a "T" on Wednesday. Then, yesterday my tummy was VERY sore. Like I had been socked in the gut really hard!!

--------------------
FancyMom

#335975 - 09/12/08 02:46 PM
fancymom

Hey GaGa!
I thought maybe I might have a virus too, but my bloodwork came back ok...except for the fact that I hadn't eaten much all day and my blood sugar was still 170! My doctor thinks my cortisol levels might be high. I had those drawn this morning...should have the results back early next week. She also did a fasting insulin level.

I am VERY curious to see how those come back. My gut(literally ) is telling me that my cortisol is high. I am ALWAYS soooo stressed out!!! And that would explain all my symptoms. It even contributes to IBS too! Very interesting...

--------------------
FancyMom

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 131 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4839

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review