All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Wow! I actually had a good day today!
      #335389 - 08/28/08 03:21 PM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

I've been in quite a funk for a really really long time, mostly about my multiple, chronic health problems. But today I had a pretty good day and I'm feeling more optimistic! I had a decent day at work, I had a fairly good belly day, I pooped in public (which is really just so huge for me- I really think a fear of public pooping contributed to my IBS in the first place), and I just got my hair cut and I think I really like it!

I'm really trying to make more of an effort to be more positive, because really my life could be so much worse. And my husband isn't home to share my positive thoughts with, and I had to get them out. So thanks for listening!

Maybe we should have a thread for things we're thankful for, or things that are going well in our lives. This board is immensely helpful and I would never want to give such a valuable resource up. But sometimes I think hearing other people complain or be negative can impact those around them negatively. I'm babbling now, so I'll stop...

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wow! I actually had a good day today! new
      #335391 - 08/28/08 03:59 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

One of my biggest fears was pooping in public too!!I'm over that now.Everybody poops and no one is really paying any attention to others around them anyway.
Glad you had a good day.Keep up the positive thoughts!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#335401 - 08/29/08 05:36 AM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

Congrats! Just like having a bad day creates a vicious cycle of depression and more bad days, I've found having a good day creates it's own cycle, with that uplifted feeling carrying over and giving you confidence to get through the days to come. Hope it continues!

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

#335403 - 08/29/08 05:42 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Thanks for the kind thoughts! I actually made a "resolution" years ago to be more positive, but it's really a struggle when you feel like crap on a daily basis!

--------------------
IBS-C

#335441 - 08/29/08 06:53 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

That's the truth. I keep telling myself I will start a Gratitude Journal, but I'm too long-winded and can't just jot down words. However, I do believe we sometimes have to look for the "small miracles" in our lives each day - Like, I've felt like crap since last Friday - thought I was going to have to go to the ER one or two nights - it was so bad it felt like a gallbladder attack. But, I now think it was a combination of extreme stress at work plus a virus that's been going around. I even had a kid come in my office with a staff infection in his nose ... of course he had been wiping his nose with his hand and touching everything in sight! YUUUUUUUUUKKKK! BUT - TODAY HAS BEEN AN EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD DAY!!! I was able to do my work feeling much better, even went out to dinner and had a baked potato and a turkey sandwich. So, I'll celebrate today and thank you for reminding me! (Remind me again when I'm complaining that I had diarrhea for 5 days, but now feel "C" coming on!! ) - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1030 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1917

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review