All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
DIZZY! What's wrong?
      #334980 - 08/20/08 09:47 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I was feeling good this morning getting ready for work. Was just about to leave the house when I made a trip to the bathroom. As I sat there I all of a sudden got dizzy and had a BM. Then I just kept having to go. Not D...just lots of poo. I've spent a lot of time in the bathroom this morning. I'm still dizzy and not feeling very well...so stayed home from work. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Should I be concerned?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: DIZZY! What's wrong? new
      #334991 - 08/20/08 11:13 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Sometimes I get like this.I also get really cold after an attack.
I also have a dizzy problem every once in a while.About every three or four months,I wake up dizzy.Not sick but I can't stand straight or walk very straight.I am even dizzy laying down.I read somewhere that it could be an inner ear condition that only bothers you every couple months and can last for a few huors to a whole day.It really throws me for a loop cause then I get worried that I'm bleeding internally or something!(I have an overactive imagination.Runs in the family!)

You seem to miss a fair amount of work,Does your boss mind?
Have you tried the audio program?I have to say I was a skeptic but I'm only on day 27 and I feel better and different.I feel hopeful that this might work.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#334994 - 08/20/08 12:13 PM
Nugget

yes, dragonfly, I am the same way....all these bad thoughts start racing through my head of what "could" be wrong.

Yes, I have missed a lot of work lately. A lot of my co-workers miss lots, too. Boss doesn't seem to mind...thankfully. I get my work done when I'm there and I do a good job. So that helps.

#335008 - 08/20/08 01:49 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Nugget long time no talk Sorry to hear your sick again. I get this way someimes when I haven't had engouh water or sugar. I felt this way one day last week and shakie. I hope you feel better soon. take care..
emmasmom(sheila)
ibs-c gas

#335009 - 08/20/08 02:13 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Happens to me frequently. It could be your blood sugar, or allergies or even a drop in your blood pressure. When I have a real bad attack, I get dizzy - usually while on the toilet - cold and hot, sometimes chills and feel like I could pass out (my imagination tends to run wild too - you know the person who knows just enough to be dangerous??? It's me! ) I even have back spasms and leg cramps, but my dr. who has lots of IBS patients says this is all part of the game. Now, if it continues over days, have it checked. Often mine is associated with fluid retention in my sinuses and ears. Take care.. {{Hugs}} - Dorothy a/k/a Mother of the world! I'm not too sure what context the word "mother" is when my kids at school call me one, but then it's usually followed by other adverbs or verbs and nouns!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#335017 - 08/20/08 02:56 PM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Nugget, I don't know where you live, but it's peak ragweed season here in NY. Do you have seasonal allergies? Mine have been really bad since Saturday, and it seems like it's messing with my entire system. I'm dizzy and headachey and I feel like I could sleep for a week and still not get enough sleep!

Whatever it is, I hope it passes soon. Dizziness is never a pleasant feeling

--------------------
IBS-C

#335037 - 08/20/08 05:10 PM
Nugget

Thanks Sheila....
I think what the problem was is I may have forgotten to take my Lexapro last night. I usually take it at dinner time, but I went out to dinner with my mom and a friend of mine after work since both my husband and my friend's husband were working late and my dad was working out of town. I kept reminding myself on my way home to take my medicine when I got home, but I can't for the life of me remember if I did or not. So I'm going to start using my daily pill box once again so I don't forget. I may have taken it, but I sure don't remember.

#335038 - 08/20/08 05:12 PM
Nugget

Thanks GaGa....I love your post. Thanks for the laugh about "mother". I think I may have forgotten to take my Lexapro last night when I got home. I decided to go out for dinner at the last minute after work and I don't remember taking it. I usually take it with dinner. So now I'm going to use my daily pill box so I don't forget.

#335039 - 08/20/08 05:14 PM
Nugget

Thanks Fen....yes, I do have seasonal allergies that I usually take Claratin D for, but haven't for the past few days. But, I think I may have forgotten to take my Lexapro last night. I usually take it with dinner. Well, I went out for dinner after work last night and I don't remember taking it when I got home. So if that's the case...that would certainly make me dizzy.

#335049 - 08/20/08 08:43 PM

Unregistered

Nugget, this happens to me quite often also
Last week I felt horrible. wondered if maybe I had a virus or something. My tummy hurt and I was cold,a nd dizzy
On Friday evening we had planned to go for dinner at a local restaurant with our children and gandchildren for my husband's birthday. About four or so, I started having to run to the bathroom. Not diaharia, but regualr poo like you said. I bet I went foureen times. thoght pehaps I took too much fibe.
still don't know what was up with that, but i did not like it
Hope you are doing better
I am sorry I have not been on much
Have been babysitting so much

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 248 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10045

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review