All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
so many interesting jobs! new
      #335029 - 08/20/08 04:22 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Many of you do what I have thought about doing....MA in counseling psych, guidance counselor, working with special ed kids, etc. (Now having second thoughts).Thanks for sharing. Hope people continue to share!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: so many interesting jobs! new
      #335042 - 08/20/08 06:07 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I am a fifth grade elementary teacher. I have been doing this for 12 years now. It is a great job and although I had regrets about not staying home with my children, I have the best job to be mom with hours from 8-3:30, summers off, holidays and snow days! I too start back to school next week with meetings and then the children start the day after Labor day. We have a new principal and I am very anxious to see how things will be. Our other one was so loved. Our new one seems to be pretty good as well. I just can't believe how fast the summer went!

Re: so many interesting jobs! new
      #335044 - 08/20/08 06:20 PM
Jordy

Is it stressful being a teacher? Are you happy with teaching, Angela?

--------------------

Re: what is your job? new
      #335053 - 08/21/08 04:20 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

I was an electrical engineer at an aerospace company for 6 years. I designed missile release systems for fighter planes. Pretty crazy. I mostly sat at my desk and did my work. I could use the bathroom whenever I needed to. I just hated when I had to be in meetings. I quit my job at the end of March, had my daughter in April and am a full time SAHM. It is the BEST job in the world. I am so thankful that we are financially stable and that I can stay home. I was sick of my job for the last year or 2 that I was there. And after our struggles with infertility and our tough journey to have a child there was no way I was going to leave her with someone else. I have to say this is the toughest job ever. But also the best. I am learning so much from Rebecca. And I love being able to teach her (growing up I did want to be a teacher). Engineering was fun, but being a SAHM is awesome!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

bump for Angela, the teacher-nt new
      #335156 - 08/22/08 01:11 PM
Jordy

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 647 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6690

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review