All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hope this is not too gross
      #334612 - 08/14/08 09:23 AM
pidan

Reged: 08/14/08

my doc said I may have IBS ---I have acid reflux, gastritis and hiatal hernia ----but I have a bowel movement every single day --in the am --sometimes hard and lumpy and sometimes soft --my problem is I notice that there are still pieces of bowel movement in my lower colon ---it feel like it and when I try to push it out it will not come out. I had to pick it out with vaseline --what is this. and thanks and should I take stool softners ---why OK one day and hard and lumpy the next --like little pellets.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hope this is not too gross new
      #334622 - 08/14/08 10:05 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I don't know the answer. Have you ever had a colonoscopy? I've read that sometimes diverticulosis can cause pellet poo. Maybe you are just part rabbit. Sorry, I couldn't pass that up. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

#334627 - 08/14/08 10:40 AM
pidan

Reged: 08/14/08

no, colonoscopy ---I had an endoscope and that showed GERD
I still think doc was right and it was IBS --he told to take fibersure --every morning and I had tremendous gas ---it did not help and that is when he said IBS ----Vicky

#334635 - 08/14/08 11:55 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hi there.
Unfortunately, this is not uncommon. it does seem kind of gross, but it happens to a lot of us. I used to have IBS with only constipation. I would go normally for a day or two and then have the pellets you described. It was horrible. I felt like if I took a stool softener or something, it would cause it to be too soft, almost D... so it was a struggle. I got on the Acacia and that helped regulate everything. I am now an IBS-A, I have both D and C which isn't fun, but totally manageable with my diet and stress control.
Exercise and water water water also help prevent the little pellet stools, as that is indeed constipation.
Hope that helps. hang in there!

--------------------
IBS-A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2585 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1268

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review