Reged: 02/07/04

n

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need Help Please about a persistant dream! new
      #334503 - 08/12/08 11:52 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I've had dreams like that.At the weirdest times too.About my ex from early highschool.Thing is hes not cute and I really don't know what I was thinking.
I don't think it means anything.Try changing him and replacing him with some hunky guy you've never met!Dreams are just dreams and its ok to have them.as long as you never want to have an affair than fantasy is just a dream a way......

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#334509 - 08/12/08 01:40 PM

Unregistered

I'm no expert but I love trying to analyze dreams I think it's normal for us to dream about people or things we haven't seen in a long time so for this guy to "pop" up in your dreams is ok. I think if you're happily married that maybe this guy showing up in your dreams might represent a fear of something happening to your marriage (not to say anything would but you know how when things are going great you always have a feeling that gosh, I'm so lucky I hope nothing ever happens to jeopardize this)? Well that happens to me anyways. So this guy is perhaps your subconscious chasing after an old dream of yours and you're finding out that hey, it's not worth it, what I have is perfect! Maybe that's why it ends up with you forcing him to have an affair and it sucks anyways! Are you familiar with Garth Brooks? That song he has Thank God For Unanswered Prayers? The one where he and is wife are out somewhere and he runs into his old high school flame and realizes that he loves his wife and couldn't imagine not being with her? That kinda sums up what I'm trying to say here. Hope I helped!

#334706 - 08/17/08 10:19 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi,

I see from your ticker that you're pregnant. That is a time of enormous change, so that could be causing your psyche to work out some anxiety or whatever. Also, pregnancy hormones alone cause some CRAZY DREAMS. I remember having a few doozies when I was pregnant with my daughter.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#334714 - 08/17/08 01:40 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Ok...WIERD!!
I am NOT lying when I say, the SAME thing happened to me!!! AND, my ex's name was Bryan and we dated for 6 years before I got married(we had even been broken up for 5 years before I met my husband and got married). Even after I was married, and had our first child I was STILL dreaming about him almost every night!! It was so frustrating.

I am happily married too, and in love with my hubby. I have not dreamed about Bryan or thought about him really, in about 2 years. But...all the dreams and thoughts lasted about 3 years. It was very annoying. I thought I was going CRAZY!! I even thought I needed to go talk to someone about it...but FINALLY it ended.

I am attributing it to hormones. During that whole time period that I was dreaming about Bryan, I was either pregnant, or just had a baby.

Trust me, it WILL end. Just try to focus on your husband every moment you can...and laugh about the dreams. They will be over before you know it. I know for me - it's been about a year since I've had one...and I am so GLAD!!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#334736 - 08/17/08 07:08 PM
dragonfly

I had horrible nightmares while pregnant.It was awful!

--------------------

#334746 - 08/18/08 06:51 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

About once a year, I still have dreams about my college boyfriend. We dated for about 4 years, broke up about 12 years ago on good terms, and I haven't seen him for almost 10 years now.

Anyway, Scott had a big impact on my life for a long time when I was a young adult. In that respect, he helped make me who I am today, so I am not surprised my subconscious makes him surface in my dreams every so often.

You know your heart is true for your husband. I wouldn't worry too much about the dreams.

#334756 - 08/18/08 09:08 AM
gibbo69olds

Reged: 08/14/08
Loc: MA, United States

OK ladies, let me give you the guys point of view. This is of course if your husband is a real man. I can not speak for metro sexuals or any guy that is overly attached to his feelings. He doesn't care! Dreams are dreams. He has them too. It may not be about a ex anything but I bet Pam Anderson or Jessica Alba may be in his dreams some place. Just keep dreaming about this guy if you like it and if not talking to folks will usually cure the reocurring dream thing. I use to have a dream about having springs for legs and never being able to stop bouncing. I talked to one person about it and never had them again. I haven't even been married a year and if my wife told me about this I would only be upset that I had to sit through another dumb story about something I don't care about instead of being productive and getting something done. Not that your story is dumb it would just be that I wouldn't really be looking into it as deeply as you or she might. I hope this helps.

good luck,
Steve

#334789 - 08/18/08 01:12 PM
dragonfly

Springs?How high could you jump? Cause that would be kinda cool...

And girls love to talk about their dreams...all you have to say is ya cool or wow....we know you don't really listen but you could at least fake it!

--------------------

n new
      #334835 - 08/19/08 07:18 AM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

n

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 272 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3191

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review