All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I'm Pregnant!!!
      #334403 - 08/11/08 08:36 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Well we didn't think it would happen this soon, but I took both tests yesterday & it came up positive in like 10 seconds, I didn't even get a chance to walk out of the bathroom!

I kinda thought because I had skipped my period.( I was never one of those lucky girls who got a month off every now & again).

My husband & I are in a bubble. We laughed, we cried & we thanked God for this incredible miracle! I'm still in shock alittle.

So far my symptoms are: sore breasts, tierdness, insomnia, mild cramping. Had some nasea this morning, but no actuall sickness to speak of. My IBS is holding up pretty well. I'm slightly C, & plan on taking prune juice to correct it.

I'm alittle scared & very excited. Can't wait to tell everyone! You guys are the first to find out, besides my Doctor. First appt on the 25th.

By the way, we're now going to be getting a computer! Maybe i can work from home!

Soooo many things to think about!!!!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm Pregnant!!! new
      #334409 - 08/11/08 09:19 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Congratulations!!! Best of luck for a healthy pregnancy!!

--------------------
IBS-C

#334419 - 08/11/08 12:03 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Congrats!! How very exciting!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#334429 - 08/11/08 01:59 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#334441 - 08/11/08 04:27 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Yay!!! Congrats!! It's so nice to have another pregger lady on the boards! How far are you? My early symptoms didn't really kick in until 6 weeks - and lasted through week 14! Ugh! But it's all worth it when you feel that first kick.

Keep us posted on your progress!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#334459 - 08/12/08 04:44 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Congratulations! What a blessing. Good luck through the pregnancy. Enjoy it

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#334461 - 08/12/08 06:00 AM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

Congrats! I am 18 weeks pregnant, and its wonderful!!! Enjoy the ride, its gonna be a long one

#334675 - 08/15/08 11:50 AM
Kiwii

I'm about 1 month. My first doc appt is on the 25th. The nasea & faituge just kicked in this week....Trying to enjoy this, but trying to adjust to all day nasea too.

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#334680 - 08/15/08 02:05 PM
Lisa Marie

Man, I was amazed at how much sleep I required during that first trimester! I always napped on the weekends, and got at LEAST 9 hours every night, sometimes more! But that will get better - and then get worse again. Right now I'm battling daily heartburn. It's not just the pain, but the fact that I can't eat enough to gain weight... I never imagined I'd have trouble gaining weight during pregnancy!

Good luck with your first appt! I'm sure they will do an ultrasound, which is always amazing to see. Make sure DH goes with you to every appt he can!

Keep us posted!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#334687 - 08/15/08 06:33 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Congrats and good luck! How exciting!!!

#334877 - 08/19/08 12:21 PM
Kiwii

I hear you on the sleeping. Last night I ran into some insomnia though. My heartburn is starting to kick in too. I haven't eaten much today. Just can't seem to stomach anything. I can't believe how much vomiting & dry heaving i'm doing.My sides hurt from it.

My DH wouldn't miss this first appt. for the world!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Re: LisaMarie new
      #334879 - 08/19/08 12:38 PM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

I have the same problem with the weight thing. I have always been very petite (105 pounds prior to pregnancy) and I try eating as much as I can now, but Im still having trouble gaining enough. Between the IBS and the celiacs, I have a real struggle with eating the right kinds of foods and the right amounts of the right foods. Everytime I go to a doctors appointment, Im so afraid to get on that scale, because I am afraid that I have not gained that much weight and my doctor will be dissapointed in me. Right now, I find the only thing helping alittle is eating alot of candy. Ive been buying alot of candy and eating it constantly to be consistantly popping calories. How do you deal with it?

#334892 - 08/19/08 01:52 PM
Lisa Marie

If it's really bad, ask your doctor for some meds! Certain heartburn meds (like zantac and pepcid) are totally safe to take during pregnancy. AND you can take things like tums and mylanta on top of those. I started taking a prescription around 6 weeks. So don't let yourself be miserable!! It's only going to get worse!

I also found the old trick of raising the head of the bed a few inches to work wonders (we propped up the box spring with a few 2x4s and folded blankets). Seems like such a little thing, but it helps A LOT!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: LisaMarie new
      #334894 - 08/19/08 01:57 PM
Lisa Marie

I eat CONSTANTLY! Sometimes I feel like that's all I do at work is snack. I don't eat meat, so I have to get creative. I try to add higher calorie things like peanut butter (I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich mid-morning every day now). I also eat a handful or two of sunflower seeds after something with SF. That candy is all empty calories! You need healthy stuff. Do you bake? You could try some of Heather's quick bread recipes, or there's a bunch in the Recipe Index. Whenever I bake breads anymore, I always add a cup or so of ground up nuts, for extra protein and calories. The trick is really just constant snacking, and I mean every two hours or so. I freaked out last week when I didn't gain a pound, but my doctor reassured me that there may be weeks where you gain nothing, and weeks where you gain 2 or 3 pounds. It will all work out. Just focus on those food groups, and make sure you're getting a good variety. And eat when you're hungry, if not before.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Congrats!!! new
      #334902 - 08/19/08 02:34 PM
TG

Reged: 06/04/08

#334915 - 08/19/08 05:33 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Congratulations! That's fantastic. I'm very happy for you! Welcome to the world of parenting.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Flipada! Where have you been? new
      #334964 - 08/20/08 07:54 AM
Lisa Marie

Haven't seen you post for awhile! What's new?? I'm guessing your little girl has been keeping you busy...

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1086 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4338

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review