All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question for Fancymom or anyne else who might know
      #334207 - 08/07/08 07:11 PM

Unregistered

I have a question if you can help me
I ran out of Heather's fibe, so got some benefibe and stated taking it today.
I like it
was wondering if i am ding this right. I took 1 1/2 teaspoons twice today. It says take two teaspoons three times a day, but i wanted to start small
My tummy is realy upset tonight and wonder if it could be from the fiber
Do you know
I am heading to the stat Fair tomorrow three hours away as my little gandson is in the spelling Bee contest. I am alredy freaking out, with the long ride and the day. I am debating on taking immodium in the morning but absolutely hate to if I do not need to
any help wold be appreciated
thanks so much
Hugs, DeeDee

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question for Fancymom or anyne else who might know new
      #334212 - 08/08/08 04:04 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Look at how many grams of fiber are in a teaspoon of the benefiber. And take as many grams of that as you were of the acacia fiber. They all have different amounts, so you have to go by the actual grams of fiber and keep that consistent.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#334213 - 08/08/08 04:20 AM

Unregistered

tanks so mch
Dah, I shold have thought of that.
found the grams on the benefiber and it hs more than the other, so probably took a bit too much
I ened up taking two immodiumthis morning as I need to be sure I am okay
I know what will happen. I will get C but will have to dal with that. it is better than having D on the road.
thanks a million
hugs, DeeDee

For Grandma Dee new
      #334214 - 08/08/08 05:34 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

DeeDee -
Hope you have a wonderful trip and there will be no problems at all. If you're like me, it is seldom as bad (the symptoms, etc.) as I anticipated it would be. I face the same situation when I travel 2 hours to my daughter's house... anxious to go and see them, but if my tummy's the least bit upset - anxious if I'm going to have to stop on the way. So, I understand, but, I'm just believing you are going to be fine and that smile on your grandson's face will make it all worthwhile!
Blessings! Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#334218 - 08/08/08 08:26 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Hi Dee...I don't have an answer for you on the fiber...but I just wanted to wish you a happy and fun day at the fair. I know all will go great and I'll be thinking of you. {{{hugs}}}

Re: For Grandma Dee new
      #334262 - 08/09/08 06:05 AM

Unregistered

Thanks everyone for your emails. I really appreciate it. YOu girls are wonderful
I did okay at the fair.
got up at 5:30 to take my medicine. I was stressed out big time, so ended up taking wo immodium and questran also
We got to my sister about 8:15 and got to Des Moines at 10:30 where we got in traffice going invh by inch until we finally made it to the gate at 1:00. I was so glad I took my immodium
Seth went through seven rounds at the spelling Bee. He did so good. Thee were about 80 kids to stat,and when he went out, there were abut 15 left. He did great
My siste and brother in law met us about 2 and we walked that fair grounds until 7:30 when we were so tired, we left the Fair grounds and went to the Machine Sed to eat. They hve wonderful food, but i knew i ad three hours left to ride so ate a baked potao and home made bred, and brought my sndwich homw
tody I ache all ove. It was a lot of fun, but i am not geting any older and woner if I can dothis much longe. The walking just ills me s i get it in my lower back and legs.
I was so proud of Seth. it was a good day, and Iid great, but so thankful I took the immoidum. I know wht will happen now. i will have C for seveal days, but will get right back on the fibe, and questran. By trial and error I will get the benefiber straightened ot. I hate doing that
thanks so very vey much
Hugs, DeeDee

Re: For Grandma Dee new
      #334264 - 08/09/08 06:30 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

So glad you had a great day - one fear conquered! :-) And, I say that with all love and support - I'm the same way, remember the "Queen of the 'what ifs'" ? And, as you said, you'll get the fiber thing straightened out and be good as new. You're doing great, DeeDee! {{Hugs}}- Dorothy
P.S. You are right - the girls on this board are so very supportive!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 817 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4618

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review