Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Align
      #333493 - 07/29/08 06:36 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Hey -
Any of you IBS-C gals ever tried align?? I just ordered some, and wondered if it's good for C or better for D?? The one thing I definitely don't need is more constipation! Hopefully it won't make it worse!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Align new
      #333504 - 07/29/08 07:35 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

I've been on it for about 6 weeks. It has not helped my C. I thought it was helping with bloating, but unfortunately I think it was just my vacation helping with my bloating. Now I'm home and back at work and worse than ever

I'm not sure I'm going to order more when this box is done. I'm going to see a Nutritionist on Monday - hopefully she can offer me some helpful wisdom.

I'm really sorry I don't have anything more positive to say about Align. Hopefully someone else will chime in with something a little more optimistic!

--------------------
IBS-C

#333508 - 07/29/08 07:50 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Same here. I took it last year for four weeks. I know some might say four weeks is not long enough but the attached flier specifically said that you should feel better by week three, which I did not. It neither helped with my bloating nor with my C, but, it didn't make me worse either.

Since then I got another four-week sample from my GI doc so I will try it again. I just don't feel that "adventurous" right now, I'm trying to add more IF to my diet, eat less sugar, and I even have not had chocolate in over a week! So I want to see first if these measures would make me better on their own, then try the Align. I would only take it for four weeks again since I don't think it's available outside of the US.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#333514 - 07/29/08 09:53 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Sorry, Fancy...but I've never tried Align. I have heard things about it, though....both good and bad. I'm IBS-D and have been taking PB-8 Probiotics for almost 2 months now....I can't remember if you were the one who strongly suggest that I start Probiotics when I posted here about being on antibiotics for a bladder infection or if it was someone else....but, I do think they have helped me tremendously. I still have my bad days....but not as many as I used to have....and although I had a couple rough days with IBS-D being on this latest round of antibiotics for this bug bite...I do believe that it would have been worse had I not been on the Probiotics.

#333515 - 07/29/08 10:45 AM
fancymom

Thanks for your responses Nugget, Fen and Zara. It's ok, I wasn't only looking for positives, just wanted honesty. So thank ya'll for being honest.

Who knows? Maybe it will help me. It's worth a shot...I'm willing to try anything!!

Hope you gals are doing good today!!

--------------------
FancyMom

#333528 - 07/29/08 12:35 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Fancy, you're right, you should try it. Who knows, it might work for you! I think the worst that can happen is that it wouldn't work but I don't think you'd be worse off. I feel like with this IBS we have to test everything on ourselves to really know what works !

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Re: Align (Fancymom) new
      #333546 - 07/29/08 02:43 PM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

Hi Fancymom,

I've been using Align for six months. I used to have TONS of gas no matter what I ate or didn't eat. I'm now eating tons of veggies/fruits/beans and have very minimal gas. I also take Acacia so maybe it's a combination of the both. So, who's to say, is it the Acacia, Align or both???? Kind of like trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle!!!!

Anyway, give it a shot....just might take a month before you can see if difference.

By the way, what is it with all the dental stuff??? I'm having dental surgery next month!!!

Sharon

Re: Align (Fancymom) new
      #333616 - 07/30/08 01:11 PM
fancymom

Thanks for the info, Sharon. I think I'll try it and see what happens?? Hopefully it will help with all MY gas and bloating!

--------------------
FancyMom

#333617 - 07/30/08 01:12 PM
fancymom

Very true, Zara! I'll try it and let ya'll know how it goes...fingers crossed

--------------------
FancyMom

#334289 - 08/09/08 10:59 AM
fancymom

Ok. Just HAD to bring this one back up to the top...

I have been taking my align now for 8 days, and MAN am I constipated!! I have not pooped in 4 days. This is the longest I have gone without a BM in a while. Anyone else had this problem with Align??

Also, it seems like whenever I take my fibercon or acacia it just makes it worse. I get bloating and gas on top of the C. Not sure what to do now...

--------------------
FancyMom

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1776 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4963

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review