All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: Where to move? new
      #333400 - 07/28/08 08:28 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

We have to find jobs though

How does one do this???

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Where do you live ?-nt new
      #333403 - 07/28/08 08:33 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Central Rockies

Colorado? new
      #333406 - 07/28/08 08:38 AM
Jordy

I've heard Colorada is so beautiful! One of my problems is, I don't know if I prefer mountains or water. The most important thing is low cost of living and a nice climate.

--------------------

#333409 - 07/28/08 08:51 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Quote:

Quote:

We have to find jobs though

How does one do this???

I've been searching online a bit. Type "employment" and the city you're researching into Google and see what comes up. You can often find the city's newspaper listings that way. Like I said, we're looking into Ithaca - my husband applied for his dream job at Cornell (!) and I just applied for one at Ithaca college.

Buffalo's not as cold as the rest of the country makes it out to be

--------------------
IBS-C

#333413 - 07/28/08 09:05 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I don't know I haven't left Canada in 12 years.Things might be different now.I'm sure if you are from a foreign country you'll have no problems.I thought Canada let anyone in.
We have alot of Americans with cottages up here and they keep coming back and I know a few have stayed so I'm not sure how hard it would be.Probably if you had a job to come to it wouldn't be a problem.I think quite a few live in Sarnia,work in US and commute everyday.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#333427 - 07/28/08 10:20 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Ok. I'm VERY biased because I LOVE where I live. I think everybody should move here...it's AWESOME!!

I live in Charleston, SC. Our house is 3 miles from the beach. There is ALWAYS something going on here. All our friends have boats. We take your kids to the beach all the time. It's great! The downtown area is on the water, and they have boat shows on the water, an open air marketplace, ghost tours, carriage rides, rooftop restaurants, free outdoor concerts...the list goes on and on!! We even have a "Polar Bear Swim" on New Year's Day, and everybody runs and jumps in the freezing ocean. Then drinks beers after on the beach. There are lots of restaurants and bars on the beach. It's wonderful. This past 4th of July, we watched the fireworks over the water and had a little picnic on the beach with friends. The weather is great too. It is above 70 degrees about 9 months out of the year. Can't complain. Only drawback is there's lots of tourists here between Memorial Day and Labor Day, but that's only 3 months of the year...not too bad.

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Re: Colorado? new
      #333439 - 07/28/08 11:58 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Colorado IS beautiful!! I live just outside of Denver. And there's no bugs or humidity, which is the prime reason we moved out here Winters are VERY mild around Denver, contrary to what most people think. It doesn't get bitterly cold here like it does in the midwest. Summers can get hot, but there's no humidity, so it's a different kind of "hot". The mountains are beautiful, the food is great, and there is a general culture of healthiness, which I love. We have one of the lowest obesity rates in the country. I would not say the cost of living is generally low, but some cities are lower/higher than others.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

SC new
      #333444 - 07/28/08 12:19 PM
Jordy

I am thinking of this area! Hey, I just want you're life! Nursing and life near the water.

I've read in H's books that humidity is a trigger for IBS, so that really concerns me.

Have you lived in SC your whole life? I just watched "Cape Fear" so maybe that's why I have SC on my mind! Plus, I love the history and atmosphere.

--------------------

Re: SC new
      #333448 - 07/28/08 12:29 PM
fancymom

Yes. The humidity bothers me sometimes...but I'm kind-of used to it now I guess. I have lived here for 7 years, but I am originally from Georgia. So, very similar climate.

There is LOTS of wonderful history here. Old, beautiful homes, restaurants, churches and sites to see. Everyone who lives here loves it!! I cannot complain. I love being a Nurse, and living near the water too!! Now, if I could just get rid of my IBS, my life really would be PERFECT!!

--------------------
FancyMom

Re: Colorado? new
      #333449 - 07/28/08 12:31 PM
fancymom

Ok, Lisa Marie. You live in the mountains, and I live at the beach. Wanna trade homes for a vacation every year?? Let's plan it! HA!!

--------------------
FancyMom

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 687 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 31533

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review