All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Not having a good day.....need someone to talk to....
      #333317 - 07/27/08 10:18 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I've been on antibiotics now since Wednesday for this stupid bug bite on my ankle. I was doing OK on the antibiotics, other than "windy", until this morning. Things have finally calmed down after spending most of the morning in the bathroom and taking some Imodium. I've also been extremely sleepy this morning. I don't know if it is the antibiotics doing this to me today or the bug bite, or a combination of all of the above plus just trying to do too much in one weekend while I have the place to myself. Cleaning, watering, yard work, etc. I'm just so down in the dumps today....need someone to talk to, but I don't want to call my mom and worry her. Hubby is still away from home working at our mountain property. Don't want to worry him either. I hate this....I felt great yesterday.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Not having a good day.....need someone to talk to.... new
      #333318 - 07/27/08 10:29 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I've had a rough weekend too. My tummy just will not cooperate...although I lean the other way. Not exactly what I wanted on my 5th wedding anniversary! (yesterday) Just take it easy. If the work doesn't get done, no big deal. You can do it later when you're feeling better. Just take care of yourself. Maybe take a nice long hot bath. Or watch a chick flick. Or read some gossip magazines. Load up on safe foods. And take a good nap. Hopefully you'll be done with the antibiotics soon and can get back to normal.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#333319 - 07/27/08 10:32 AM
Nugget

Thanks so much, Mary. Happy Anniversary! We had our 10th on the 4th of July! Hope you get to feeling better, too. {{{hugs}}}

Hugs Nugget new
      #333320 - 07/27/08 10:58 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time right now. It is difficult to feel terrible and be alone. I am sorry that you feel that you can't talk to you DH or you Mom because you don't want to worry them.

You know that you have friends here and people that are willing to listen.

I'm sending you lots of hugs today and I hope that you feel better.

--------------------
Janey

Re: Hugs Nugget new
      #333321 - 07/27/08 11:12 AM
Nugget

Thanks so much Janey....my husband just called, so that helped. I did tell him I was having a rough day, so that helped, too. I don't want to tell my mom....she just worries too much. Ya know? I'm just going to take it easy today and stay inside where it is cool. {hugs}

Your not alone new
      #333323 - 07/27/08 12:07 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Your not alone I am bummed today to. Sorry you don't feel good I bet its just all hitting you finelly I say just take it easy and rest eat some comfort food and take it easy. We went to a cookout last night and it was alright saw some old friends from school but what was hard was there was to women there that are pregant and I feel like I am lost! can't find vitimins to take can't eat anything and still having ibs issues. Its just hard after my misscarge. I just wish I could be normal you know.I am just thankful for my daughter. Hubby just don't get it and I really don't have anyone I can really trust to talk to about this.Sorry to ramble!
Oh I did find this for you! If your bit is still itching try this my mom swears by it its called chiggerex plus its in a white bottle with a red lid at wal-mart for like 3.00 my mom got bit about a week ago on her back and she said that the itch like to driver her crazy she put this on there and it stop! Couldn't wait to tell ya. I put this on my bite and its starting to try up! Its still red but looks better! Hope you feel better soon I am here if you need me. ((((Hugs))) & more (((hugs)))!
emmasmom (Sheila)
ibs-c gas

Edited by emmasmom (07/27/08 12:10 PM)

Re: Your not alone new
      #333324 - 07/27/08 12:15 PM
Nugget

Hi Sheila....sorry you are having a rough day, too. I know how you feel about seeing pregnant women. I've never had children, and never really longed to have children, but after having my hysterectomy, I guess the finality of it hit me whenever I'd see a new baby or a pregnant woman. It doesn't bother me as much as time goes on. It has been almost 2 years since my hysterectomy. {{{hugs}}}

Thanks for the info on the bite itch cream. I'll try to pick some up. It's not itching as bad today. I won't be able to go to the store today....feel safer sticking close to the bathroom today.

#333326 - 07/27/08 12:55 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I think it must be something in the North American airways! Since many of us are having an "off" day!
But, I feel in my heart, tomorrow is going to be a better day for you - it's hard feeling bad and being alone, but just know how many of us are thinking about you and sending you hugs and healing thoughts! - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#333327 - 07/27/08 01:25 PM
Nugget

Thanks so much, Dorothy. {{{hugs}}} I'm doing a bit better this afternoon. And it helped when my hubby called me, too. I hope all of us have a better day tomorrow.

#333373 - 07/28/08 07:02 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Sorry your feeling bad, Nugget. How much longer on your antibiotics?

(((hugs)))

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#333375 - 07/28/08 07:04 AM
Nugget

I'm thinking of stopping them today. My last dose is supposed to be Thursday....but I don't think I can stand to take them any longer. I've spent all morning in the bathroom again today...and I'm late for work.

#333395 - 07/28/08 08:23 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Nugget, try to hold on a few more days. I've always heard it's bad to stop taking them before completely finishing them. You don't want to go through all this again!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#333404 - 07/28/08 08:34 AM
Nugget

thanks Jordy....I'm still taking them...but think I will cut back.

#333424 - 07/28/08 10:11 AM
fancymom

Wow. Antibiotics are rough on me too. You poor thing.

Sorry, girlfriend. You do what you need to...
(((((more hugs)))))

--------------------
FancyMom

#333425 - 07/28/08 10:13 AM
Nugget

thanks Fancy...{{{hugs}}} I made it to work...but I really want to be home. I had to take 3 Imodium to make it to work.

#333428 - 07/28/08 10:23 AM
fancymom

Yikes. That is so not fun.

Well, when it's quitin' time, head home and get you a nice warm heating pad for the belly, a good trashy mag, and some warm chamomile tea.

--------------------
FancyMom

#333429 - 07/28/08 10:38 AM
Nugget

thanks Fancy....I'm doing better since everything calmed down. Thank Goodness for Imodium!! I'm looking forward to going home. Looking forward to cooler weather, too. It's supposed to be 95 here today...yesterday was 99!!! Supposed to be hot all week. I know 95 and 99 are cool compared to some places, but I do't do heat well....

#333437 - 07/28/08 11:48 AM
fancymom

I completely understand! I don't do heat OR humidity well. We have them both...and it's brutal!

--------------------
FancyMom

#333451 - 07/28/08 12:59 PM
Nugget

we've had a pretty mild Summer here so far until lately. If it would stay in the 70's during the Summer that would be perfect for me.

#333454 - 07/28/08 01:46 PM
fancymom

Mmmmm...That sounds wonderful. It is hot as blue blazes here in the summer. August is the worst! It's close to 100 degrees or more, and the humidity is about 85%. Miserable. But, it's only really bad like that for about a month or two. Hard to get used to that, though.

--------------------
FancyMom

#333455 - 07/28/08 01:51 PM
Nugget

It's only hot here for a month or two, also...and usually dry. The evening are still cool, which is nice. I even still have our flannel sheets on the bed! Ha!

#333495 - 07/29/08 06:40 AM
fancymom

Ok...jealous! I LOVE it when it's COLD at night!! I seem to sleep soooo much better! I love fall and winter...

--------------------
FancyMom

#333513 - 07/29/08 09:46 AM
Nugget

I love it when it's cold at night, too. I sleep sooooo much better and my husband and I LOVE flannel sheets! They are so nice to cuddle up in....soft and warm.

#333565 - 07/29/08 10:01 PM

Unregistered

Sorry, Nugget, you are not feeling well, and are down in the dumps.
I hope you are feeling beter by now
sorry I have not been around much.
I have not been doing the best, mentally. I have been real discouraged, and finally thought maybe my hormones were acting up again, so went and got the refill of my estregenes, and hope that helps
My husband has been real sick all weekend, and finally yeserday took the day off work and went to the dr. He has a bad virus and has congestion in his lungs, and they put him on antibiotics, to get rid of the congestion, or it could go into pnuemonia
He went back to work today, and sure could have taken another day off work to rest, but not my husband, He is a Bandt, and guess I was lucky he took yesterday off
when he gets sick, which is almost never, he gets in a real bad mood, and "feel sorry for me" if you know what I mean. I cannot handle him beinging in a bod mood,andit makes mein a bad ,ood, so we both were in a bad mood
We are trying to work on our basementsince our bad storm did the damage,a nd so much to do, and not enough hours
and then I have ben sotired, i feel like i can hardly keep going Ordered some Vit. B 12 sublinuual tablets and hope I guess them soon. they are supposed to be good for energy, and not interfer with my questran
Nugget, how is the bug bite doing. Are yu healing from it
Everyone, be patient with me I am still hear, but just have not been on.
babystting each day for my little nine year old,nd told babysit for mythree grandchiden, Banjamin, 5. z,syyjre 8 and Seth 9. They have so much fun together.
Keeps me going however
anyway my eating was absoltely horribletoday. what is wrongwith me I need to get back in shape like I should
this isrediculous
hope you are all doing good by now
love you all
hugs, deedee

#333573 - 07/30/08 06:29 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

DeeDee - {{HUGS}}
I'm sorry things have been so rough. I know what you mean about the DH. I thank God every day that He keeps him well, but when he does get sick - it's like everything comes to a halt! And, I have to admit it kind of scares me because, as I said, we're blessed that he stays so well. I think God sent him to me because he's so kind and caring and never puts me down for being sick. He's the kind of husband that puts a blanket in the dryer and tucks it around you when you're having chills! Color me Blessed!
Today's a new day - I have to remind myself - and, frequently, that tomorrow will be a better day . But, you'll get back on your regular diet and start feeling better. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#333582 - 07/30/08 09:07 AM
Nugget

Hi Dee....Thanks for checking on me. I'm doing better. The bug bite is slowly going away. Sorry to hear you haven't been doing well and your husband is sick. Hope you both get well soon! Have fun with the little ones...they'll make you feel better. {{{hugs]}}

#333583 - 07/30/08 09:10 AM

Unregistered

thanks so much GaGa. I appeciate your email so much
yes, I know what you mean about your husband being the best. Mine is. He not only is my husband but also my bst friend, and i know God snt him to me, so e ws an answer to prayer
when i think of how my siste, at the age of 61 lost her husband not even a year ago and he was 61, it maks me thank god eveyday for my husband
but when he gets sick, watch out. then he gets grouchy and watch out. I can't handle that
I guess it goes back to my past when I was a child. and my childhood was not the best. My mother was the best. she was the vest mother anyone cold eve have, and when we lost her four yars ago, pat of my life went with her
Dad was a stinker. He drank a lot,a nd when he would come home, he would get verbal abusive to my mother and to us. I saw my mother cry more than she laughed. Bless her heat. Back then no one left their husbands, as that is a pat you made with god when you took your vows. My mother was a saint
anyway, guess I think about dad being the way he was, and then think I am so blessd with my Gary
Dad is still living, He is 92, has quit drinking, and is okay now, but rela demanding. he lives in his own house thanks to us kids coming in and taking care of him as he is housebound
anyway, enough on me
thanks so much
I need to get going back on this eating plan of mine
discouaged about it, but it will come together
thanks so much for your support
Hugs, DeeDee

#333587 - 07/30/08 09:34 AM
Nugget

Sounds like you have a wonderful husband, Dorothy!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 792 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8422

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review