Re: Constipation new
      #333190 - 07/24/08 08:58 PM

Unregistered

GaGa,
Hi
how are you feeling by now
I hoope you ae doing better
I sometimes think it is better to have IBS d than IBS C
I guess neither one is fun, but not to be able to go to the bahroom is so miserable. I know today and yesterday I have hd constipation,and i hate it
tomorrow i shuld be oka. sometimes I skep a day or two and then I am so bloated, and feel so miserale
Just curious to se how you ae doing, and if you fond anything to help you
take care
Huhs, DeeDee

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#333193 - 07/24/08 09:38 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

DeeDee -
Thank you for being so kind to think of me. I know, sometimes I look back and the episodes of "D" have been bad - added w/ stress, going to BR about 20 x a day... BUT, the "C" 1)makes you uncomfortable, of course, 2)makes me worry, 3)usually causes hems. to enlarge and pain, then, when I finally go, bleeding. I know it's just the hems, but my mind gets into "stinkin' thinkin" - as my former therapist calls it! :-) But, I've been back at school some and the job I do in Guidance is very stressful - lots of deadlines + a lot of family stress the past 2 weeks, so I think that just complicated everything. I also read a post where one girl gets "C" from pasta, which I tend to do, but not from potatoes, which I'll try more... Sorry to be so long-winded. But, thank you for your kind heart....

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Re: What type of citrucel do you use?-nt new
      #333196 - 07/25/08 04:39 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

I use the orange powder. That was the very first thing I ever tried 5 years ago when I first went to the Dr. with my tummy issues (not when they started, just when I finally got checked out). For me it really calms things. It's like an instant coating over my intestines...like eating SF. Right now I mix my miralax in water until it dissolves. Then I add the citrucel and give it a quick stir and drink it. Miralax tastes gross (to me anyway), but when I take them together I just taste the orange. I NEVER worry about D. I think I'd welcome it I do have to give a little warning that my body is a bit different. I don't know that I have IBS anymore (or ever really did). I thought I did for several years (suffered from what I thought was C, had major spasms, trapped gas, etc.) until I finally figured out (ON MY OWN!) that I had rectal prolapse. I had surgery for it in Sept. '06. They removed part of my colon and reattached my rectum (pleasant, huh?). Now I "go" many times every day. Just small amounts each time. They removed the stretchy part of my colon so I don't have a big storage area. I don't follow the IBS diet (I used to but it never helped...now I know why...I had a different problem). I still lean towards C...and I have major anxiety that complicates it. So I eat a very high IF diet. I just try to eat healthy (lots of grains, fruits, and veggies), and I can't overdo on starchy foods (pasta, potatoes, etc.). Anyway, I don't claim to have the answers to eliminate C. I just know that citrucel and miralax work great for me, combined with lots of fiber, tons of water, and daily exercise. Also seeing a psychologist for 2 years to help with my anxiety has made a big difference. Even though I do eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies I still find that soft foods with lots of fiber are the best. Unsweetened applesauce and low fat graham crackers are my go to foods when I really need to settle things. I need a balance between not too sticky (pasta, pretzels, etc.) and not too rough (raw carrots, etc.). And that seems to keep things going. Just some ideas/what works for me. But keep in mind I don't follow the IBS diet/don't think I have IBS, at least not a major case.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#333210 - 07/25/08 10:17 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Hey GaGa!!
Hope your day is going well!

I noticed you said you get C with pasta. You know they make pastas with potato and soy flour. I've used it. It's really good. I can't tell the difference. Thought you may want to know that in case your having a pasta craving, but not a C craving Check out your local HFS.

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Not the sugar free, right? new
      #333272 - 07/26/08 01:47 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I was worried the regular orange had too much sugar and cals in it, but perhaps I will try it. Thanks.

I never thought to mix the miralax with it. I stopped Miralax because it was causing really long, constant, incomplete BMS. Not a good effect....more of a mess.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Not the sugar free, right? new
      #333293 - 07/27/08 03:18 AM
Mary_V

Right, not the sugar free. Artificial sweeteners are a no-no for IBS. It seems that some people feel better when they cut out sugar, but it isn't necessarily an IBS trigger. So no problem taking the regular stuff.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#335098 - 08/21/08 11:13 AM
mac33

Reged: 08/19/08
Loc: Idaho

What is the longest you have ever gone w/o a BM? I freaking out cause its been 5 days for me. I just had a severe D episode (last Thurs Fri Sat) and after those it takes awhile for me to go, but I'm doing Citrucel religously and drinking plenty of water. I can just feel myself rotting from the inside out. Help!

--------------------
IBS-A

#335099 - 08/21/08 11:20 AM
Mary_V

Do you exercise? That really helps me. Exercise and a TON of water. And you can always try a stool softener if need be. Not a stimulant, just a softener (like colace).

--------------------
~Mary

#335100 - 08/21/08 11:31 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

try milk of magnesia it always helps me.
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

MoM is okay once in awhile, but... new
      #335107 - 08/21/08 01:28 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

It's an actual laxative, so you really shouldn't use it regularly. Be careful with this stuff, your body can easily become addicted to it!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 56 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7063

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review