All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Emmasmom...How's your bug bite? new
      #333904 - 08/03/08 06:14 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Did your bug bite ever go away?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

IT'S ITCHING LIKE CRAZY TODAY!!! new
      #333923 - 08/04/08 07:36 AM
Nugget

I've tried everything on this new bug bite and nothing helps the itch!!! ARRRGGGHHHH!!! It's driving me crazy!!!

Re: IT'S ITCHING LIKE CRAZY TODAY!!! new
      #333931 - 08/04/08 10:59 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

boy the bugs sure LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE you!
I have a son who gets bit when everyone else is fine.It's tough huh!
Do you where any bug spray?Did you know that bats eat flying bugs?Maybe you could put up a bat house.And toads and frogs too add a toad abode to your garden.Do you have a water feature at all?
Look around in your gardens and see if you can find any signs of ants and then take appropiate action.(I mean put down poison!)
I'm sorry to hear you are having a rough time with the bugs this season,doesn't make you want to go outside either.
Have a good day and hoping you get rid of your itches!!!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#333937 - 08/04/08 12:43 PM
Nugget

yes...bugs really love me I guess. I wonder why? They don't bother my husband and other people. I've been real tired, too, whenever I have had a bad bug bite this summer. Just like today, I could hardly stay awake at work so on my lunch I went home and took a nap. I had read on the Internet that applying heat to bites helps the itch go away...so while I was applying heat to my bite, I fell asleep. I didn't want to come back to work, but had to.

I wear "Off!" bug repelant when I'm outside, but the last two bites have happened when bugs crawl up my pants leg.

I can't put poison out because the possibility of our dogs and chickens getting into it.

{{hugs}}

#333938 - 08/04/08 12:53 PM
dragonfly

if you can find the spot where the ants are sprinkle baking soda on and around the hill or log and the ants will eat it and it kills them.Safe for cats and dogs!Or pour boiling water on the hill.That works but take sa while and a lot of trips to the kitchen

The weather here has been really weird. humid but not really warm.I find it a bit cool at times but everything is damp and sticky.I get really tired when it's humid.How have you been feeling other than the bug bites?

--------------------

#333948 - 08/04/08 01:59 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I took my daughter to the doc last week cause she had so many and I was afraid they might be infected they weren't thank god! But there bad this year! I went from the houst to the truck and got bit. Did you try that stuff I told you about? Hope the itch stops soon. Glad you surived the weekend!
emmasmom ( Sheila)

#333951 - 08/04/08 02:11 PM
Nugget

Dragonfly....the only thing is...this didn't happen at my house. The ant either crawled up my pants leg while we were at the event out of town, or it crawled up my pants leg at my mother-in-laws house. I don't know....but it started biting me at my mother-in-law's house when we were on her deck after we got back into town Saturday from the event we went to.

I've been feeling pretty good for the most part, but I have these days where I feel really sleepy...like I can hardly stay awake at work mainly in the mornings. Other days are fine. I felt sleepy like this in the past and every time it happens, I either eventually end up with a bladder infection or kidney stones or something. I sure hope I'm not about to get either of those things...but I feel like my body is fighting something...it's that kind of "sleepy". ya know. But it's not every day. I go to my regular doctor on August 29 for my yearly physical...minus the OB/GYN stuff....so I'll ask him about it then unless it gets really bad before then. I go for my OB/GYN physical in October. Since I had a hysterectomy...if this year's PAP is negative, I won't have to do another one for 2 years instead of every year!

#333958 - 08/04/08 02:55 PM
dragonfly

Bummer...do you sleep well at night?I know I don't sleep well and by mid afternoon I really need a nap.Even if it's only a ten minute rest.It helps.I wish I could make it all day without feeling so tired.Sometimes an hour after I wake up I feel like a nap.I usually get my energy late afternoon or early evening which is weird because I like going to bed early.i have a small window of time when I feel good.
I also find when I am not having a good tummy day,I am really tired too.Maybe your body is just fighting off so many problems it has no energy to stay awake.
Think of it this way...if you could go back in time say 100 years,the bugs wouldn't really bug you because they wouldn't recognize you as food,since as we evolve so do bugs along with us.Oh and they probably didn't have IBS then either so when do you want to start the plans to that time machine?

--------------------

#333966 - 08/04/08 04:17 PM
Nugget

Yes...I sleep fairly well. I slept really hard when hubby was away, because I'm a light sleeper and I was the only one in bed....nobody snoring or tossing and turning. Ya know. But now that he is back, I wake more easily in the night if he is snoring, etc. But, I felt this sleepy even when he wasn't here and I slept through the night. I just hope my body isn't fighting something. It's a different sleepy than if I just didn't sleep good, ya know?

Hey...get me a ticket on that time machine ASAP!

#333967 - 08/04/08 04:19 PM
Nugget

Sheila...I don't remember the name of that stuff you told me about. Sorry.....I totally forgot about it

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15282

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review