All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
fancymom new
      #332832 - 07/19/08 07:45 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I have tried the vitimins they gave me from the docs office and the flinstones. Thats it. I will do a search on iron food. I would just feel better taking something. Someone said to take just vitimins with no iron and they would keep a eye on my iron at the docs office. I don't know thanks for the advice though.
emmasmom (sheila)
ibs-c gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I think I found the prolbem! Phenylalanine! new
      #332856 - 07/20/08 07:39 AM
emmasmom

I was going to take a 1/2 of one this moring and says this on the bottle and remember seeing this on my dh flavor water and my diet coke can yrs ago. This is a sweenter right? Let me know what you all think!
emmasmom (sheila)
ibs-c gas

Re: I think I found the prolbem! Phenylalanine! new
      #332858 - 07/20/08 08:01 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Absolutely - same thing as Aspertame or Equal..... I can't use it and many others have severe reactions. People with PKU problems can even have seizures.... Good researching!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

I have the same problem! new
      #332962 - 07/21/08 07:05 PM
LittleLamb

Reged: 07/22/04
Loc: USA

I cannot tolerate any artificial sweeteners in any form or amount. Most multivitamins make my tummy upset.

When I've been pregnant, OB always wants me to take prenatals, but they make me ill. They do make chewable prenatals but most of them (at least that I found) have artificial sweeteners in them, which make my IBS go CRAZY.

I found that the Target brand of children's multi vitamin with iron is great. Real sugar is in it (sucrose) instead of aspartame (NutraSweet), saccharin, sucralose, etc. I took two of these a day and had very healthy pregnancies!

It is the Target store brand

Children's Multi Vitamin With Iron
(hot pink label)
has 300mcg of Folic Acid per pill
has 15 mg of Iron per pill

Another option (if you don't need the Iron) is:

L'il Critters Brand
Gummy Vites
Multi-Vitamin & Mineral Formula

260 mcg Folic Acid per 2 gummies

I have seen these at health food stores, grocery stores, Trader Joe's but I get mine at Costco in a big bottle.

I hope this helps!

Thank you~ new
      #332976 - 07/22/08 07:22 AM
emmasmom

Thank you very much for the tip. I will look into those.I plan on going to target very soon! Once again thanks that has help alot. Could you do regular prenatals when you were prego or not? I thought about trying the ones that say easy on constapiton but to scared to. Thanks again though.
emmasmom
Ibs-c
gas

little lamb I need some help... new
      #333419 - 07/28/08 10:00 AM
emmasmom

I went to super tagrget over the weekend and I couln't find the vitimins you talked about the pharmacist said they didn't have them and everyone they had cared sweenter in them.Did they change the bottle maybe? thanks
emmasmom (ibs-c)
gas

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1016 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4086

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review