All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
IBS and white flour products
      #332375 - 07/13/08 04:55 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Ok. Something really wierd happened to me today...

As you already know, I am doing the "no sugar" thing right now. Well, I read the book - "Never be Sick Again" and it made soooo much sense to me, that I decided to give up wheat flour as well. I went almost 2 days without wheat flour, and sugar and was feeling really good! No belly aches AT ALL! Well, this afternoon I gave in to the flour (complex carb) craving, and ate some plain baked pita chips. My belly started blowing up like a balloon and I started cramping like CRAZY from all the GAS in my belly!!

I REALLY believe that wheat flour is my problem!! It was truly amazing. I could almost look in the mirror and watch as my belly grew...then the old familiar gas cramping started. Now, while I was "wheat flour free" for 2 days, I had none of that! My belly felt GREAT!!

Interesting!! Ok. So now what? I don't know if I should try the sugar thing again(now that I have been off of it for 4 days), or if I should go sugar AND wheat flour free?? What would you do?

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS and white flour products new
      #332379 - 07/13/08 06:04 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

well you know its the wheat flour right? So I say give sugar a try again just a little and if it does the same thing than theres your answer. Good luck keep me updated!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#332383 - 07/13/08 06:43 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

If you give up wheat and sugar and dairy, what are you going to eat?

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#332392 - 07/14/08 04:00 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Frequently IBS and Yeast/Candidas go hand-in-hand. When I was diagnosed with CFIDS, I was told no flour/yeast/sugar/dairy... But, did/do I stick to it? Of course not - the minute I feel better - I'm eating sandwiches (which I love) and everything else. BUT - all the books - which if you can find it - read the Fungus Factor by Doug Kaufman - stress the importance of eating wheat/gluten/yeast/sugar free....Our bodies are so amazing -but, it seems it becomes a cycle...eat bagels and appleasauce for the IBS - good for awhile - then the yeast comes from all the wheat. I think rice is about the only thing that will not cause this type reaction. I swell when I eat wheat as well... And, another thought - since I just read the statistics about how many suffer from IBS - I truly believe it's got to be the way our food is processed or either get totally paranoid and think "it's in the air"!
LOL... Stay off the flour/wheat for awhile. Although there are alternatives if you are into baking...spelt, rice flour and how about Ezekiel Bread? Take care, I've learned from your posts you are a special, compassionate lady. Blessings! ~ Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#332393 - 07/14/08 04:05 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Fancymom, does the sprouted wheat bread give you the same reaction? Or just the refined flour?

--------------------
IBS-C

#332395 - 07/14/08 04:40 AM
fancymom

Awww. Thanks, GaGa. Your awesome.

Yeah...I've been eating ezekiel bread and I LOVE it! Yesterday, I even found they came out with ezekiel cereal! I'm gonna try it this morning.

Thanks for the info, and I'm gonna look for that book. Your right, sounds like some candida might be having a party in my guts...not good

--------------------
FancyMom

#332396 - 07/14/08 04:42 AM
fancymom

Funny you should ask, 'cus ezekiel bread (sprouted wheat) doesn't give me gas AT ALL! In fact, I feel great after I eat it!!

--------------------
FancyMom

#332397 - 07/14/08 04:43 AM
fancymom

Ok. Gonna reluctantly give a little sugar a try today and see if I have the same reaction...

Will let you know how it goes...

--------------------
FancyMom

#332398 - 07/14/08 04:45 AM
fancymom

HA! Ain't that the truth!

LOTS of fruit, veggies, and meat I guess!! Also, sprouted wheat bread, like ezekiel bread doesn't bother me at all, so I guess that could be my grain. Wow, that diet sounds a little TOO healthy, huh?!

--------------------
FancyMom

#332445 - 07/14/08 03:10 PM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

I just bought some ezekiel rolls - trying them for dinner with some turkey. Wish me luck!! I hope I can tolerate them as well as you can, Fancymom!

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 184 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14413

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review