All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
WOW! Plenty to eat, don't worry...... new
      #332616 - 07/16/08 08:29 PM
Hapamama

Reged: 05/15/08
Loc: Seattle

I am totally excited for you! Once I gave up wheat flour and gluten, I felt so much better! It was totally by accident too! My son needed a GF diet and so I just started eating what he was eating and low and behold we BOTH felt better!!!! I have WAY less bloating now that I do not eat wheat or products w/gluten..
AND DON'T WORRY!!! THere is plenty to eat - you'll figure it out.....and let me know if you want some ideas or come over to the food board and see our daily food logs that we're doing for more ideas.... What a great discovery! You're awesome!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: WOW! Plenty to eat, don't worry...... new
      #332619 - 07/17/08 04:11 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

I am excited too!! Thanks for offering your help! I may actually need a little help in the beginning of this thing. I have already started feeling better, and I think I will REALLY feel better after I have been on it longer.

Can you give me any examples of what you ate? Right now I am eating soy yogurt w/ blueberries for breakfast, usually a salad or sandwich on ezekiel bread for lunch, then meat and grilled veggies for dinner. For my afternoon snack, I usually eat a few pieces of fruit. I am having a hard time with my sugar fix. I have cut WAY back on sugar, but still crave a little something sweet...especially after dinner. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Hapamama!! I really needed your encouragement!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#332629 - 07/17/08 08:07 AM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

Hi Fancymom:

The Ezekiel Bread contains organic sprouted whole wheat which from what I understand is wheat in it's most nutritious form. Does wheat in this form not bother you??? I have found that in eating a really high fiber diet (like 50-60 grams a day) with lots of water does give me good, hefty BMs. Even though I have always eaten wheat I think I may be getting too much now and too many carbs. I know Ezekial bread is high fiber/low carb so was thinking about trying it. Do you take the acacia powder at all? I eat oatmeal w/fruit every morning, also eat a lot of beans which I love and fruits and veggies, and put ground flax in stuff. When you say you eat fruit as your afternoon snack, do you follow the EFI guidelines and eat SF before your fruit? I really am doing much better by going the high fiber route. It seems I need a lot of IF to keep things moving, but once again...all those carbs!!! Can you give me any other suggestions as far as high fiber and not so high carbs??

Thanks for your help.
Sharon

#332644 - 07/17/08 09:56 AM
fancymom

Hey Sharon!
I really love ezekiel bread. Eat it every day now. I am like you, I need LOTS of IF with my SF to keep things moving. I started to eat fruit every afternoon a few weeks ago, and when I FIRST started it, I would drink a glass of acacia fiber, THEN eat the fruit. But now, I don't have to drink the fiber first and I tolerate it just fine. I now eat sooooo many fruits and veggies and ezekiel bread every day, I do not need a fiber supplement. I usually have 1 BM every day with no problem. I feel pretty darn good so far...maybe I'm still waiting for the ball to drop. Hope not!

I tell ya, though. When I was eating NO sugar, I was having BMs left and right. Like 2-3 a day. Not diarrhea, just normal, slightly soft stools. It was AWESOME...BUT, then I started eating a little sugar again, and things are slowing down a bit. Sometimes, if I feel I need it, I will take 2 fibercons in the afternoon. That little "push" really makes a difference. Keeps things going.

BTW - I don't eat oatmeal, 'cuz I don't really tolerate it very well. Makes my tummy ache a little...Wierd.

--------------------
FancyMom

#332657 - 07/17/08 10:48 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

HI Fancymom,
So, the only gluten you eat is the Ezekiel products? And no Acacia anymore?

What types of fruits and veggies do you eat? And how many a day, estimate! Do you peel your fruit? I'm still really C.

Thanks for any feedback! Glad you are feeling so good!
Oh, do you take any supplements, like fish oil or probiotics or peppermint or digestive enzymes? Sorry, so many questions!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: IBS and white flour products new
      #332663 - 07/17/08 11:46 AM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

You can actually read more on Doug Kaufmann on www.knowthecause.com. His diet is listed under the FAQ section, as well as other articles/links you can read on fungus. I have recovered from UC as well as IBS symptoms from following his antifungal diet. It's the yeast added "in" the bread that causes me grief, not the wheat itself. Yeast doesn't come from the wheat.I can eat "yeast-free" wheat or white tortilla bread with no problems. If you think about it, what causes bread to rise,.... and what happens in our gut if we have a fungus/yeast condition and continually feed it sugar from our diet? Of course, I limit my intake of grains anyway. Wheat and corn are commonly contaminated with mycotoxins (fungal poisons).

GaGa- do you feel better when you follow the "diet"? Do you watch Doug Kaufmann's daily health shows on TV or on his website at all?

#332669 - 07/17/08 12:43 PM
fancymom

Hey Jordy!!

Yes. I do take a GREAT multivitamin. Kind-of expensive, but worth every penny! It's made by Megafood. It's their One Daily for Women. It's really awesome. No chemicals, just Whole foods. Great for the tummy. This multi also helps regulate my BMs. Wierd, I know, but it really does seem to. Also, I take CalMag every night before bed(2 of them)..which is also made by Megafood. It's calcium + magnesium. It also has a little apple pectin in it, which helps my BMs. The calcium/magnesium combo also helps my tummy to relax while I sleep, and the magnesium helps me to absorb the calcium. It's also amazing. Helpful tip: A lot of people give up on supplements too soon! I really did not notice a HUGE improvement with my supplements until I had been faithfully taking them for about 6 months...so be patient & it WILL work!!

Also, you asked if I take digestive enzymes, and the answer is YES!!! I have taken "Absorb Aid" for about 3 years. It is truly incredible. I could not eat HALF of the things I eat if it weren't for my "miracle pills" - that's what I call them, because they truly gave me my life back!! I take 2 with every meal, and 1 with each snack. They help with all my bloating, gas, indigestion, cramping, and constipation. Seriously, I cannot stress enough how much they have helped me!!! I was absolutely MISERABLE until I found them. Now I order them online regularly and make sure I NEVER run out. I actually went on vacation once, and forgot them. After 2 days I was so miserable, I just stayed in my room, curled up in a ball under the covers until I told my husband the ingredients that were in them and he went out and found some digestive enzymes at a local health food store. I took two and...BAM!! New person!! I SWEAR BY THEM!!!

And, YES - I do peel my fruit. All of it. I cannot tolerate the peeling. As long as I peel it, I tolerate it just fine.
I seem to do alright in the fiber department. Can't do anything harsh, like All Bran. Tried Citrucel too, and thought I was giving BIRTH I cramped so hard!!! Then, I tried Metamucel...I just LOOKED pregnant then. I had more gas than the goodyear blimp!! Anyway, I still take fiberCon a lot of days, and acacia too. I just find that my busy schedule with kids and work, fiberCon is just easier to take with me on the go -

Hope all this info helps you!!! Keep me posted, k? And ask as many questions as you want! If ANY information I have from my experiences with IBS can help anyone, I am GLAD to offer them!!!!

--------------------
FancyMom

Re: IBS and white flour products new
      #332671 - 07/17/08 12:46 PM
fancymom

Wow, Kim. That is VERY interesting info! I guess I never really thought about the YEAST in the bread being the problem. I always just thought it was the gluten. Maybe it IS the yeast?!?!

Thanks for the link!! I'm gonna check out his website. I am very excited!! Thanks, girlfriend!

--------------------
FancyMom

Thanks for the reply new
      #332680 - 07/17/08 01:11 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

So, the only gluten you eat is the Ezekiel products? And no Acacia anymore?

What types of fruits and veggies do you eat? And how many a day, estimate

Would you mind telling these things? And what website do you get your digestive enzymes from? You really see an improvement with them, huh?

Thanks again.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Support and encouragment in abundance! new
      #332685 - 07/17/08 01:29 PM
Hapamama

Reged: 05/15/08
Loc: Seattle

I'm happy to share whatever I can that can be helpful to you! I will admit that I am a sugar freak, so I still consume sugar. What I found for myself is that processed, refined sugars, especially when coupled w/processed refined sugars, were huge triggers for bloating and pain. Almost as bad as dairy for me. I eat things like raw organic honey, or organic sugar in very small quantities, I also am a chocolateslut (yes you read that right!) so I found dark chocolate, vegan, organic bars at Trader Joes. Eaten in small quantities and not on an empty stomach, they do not cause me problems. I think I read that Heather also eats dark chocolate from time to time.

Here is the link for the food log we're doing every day on this board, come join us!
IBS Food and Diet Board

Also check out the blog for Gluten Free Girl - she's giving birth next week so her blogging will probably slow down, but her site is an amazing resource for all things GF. She does eat lots of things that we can't eat, but she writes about them so beautifully I still like to read it! She's a local gal too, I keep hoping I'll get to meet her some day.

HTH, PM anytime, we can swap e-mail!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 93 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14488

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review