All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Scared.....alone....
      #332316 - 07/12/08 08:30 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

OK....I have to admit....I'm scared. Last Sunday when my hubby and I got home from our mountain weekend trip, I got severe watery diarrhea after eating a little bit. I just thought it was something I ate or that I drank a bunch of cold water when we got home. But, since then I've not felt right all week. And I have this huge bump behind my ear that hurts like a bruise. I noticed the bump after we got done with a 4-wheeler ride on Saturday. I just figured it was my new sunglasses rubbing there under my hat all day. But it hasn't gotten any better and isn't going away. I am wondering if I got bit by something and it's making me sick? I also had a bad bug bite on my ankle, but it is almost gone now. I feel soooo tired...it's hard to wake up and stay awake all day. I don't know whether to go into the clinic today or not. I'm all alone this weekend, because my husband is out of town. I've had a bit of diarrhea this morning, but it's not watery....it IS formed, so that's good, but very frequent. I hate to go to the doc and I am not sure what they could do, but I'm scared.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Scared.....alone.... new
      #332317 - 07/12/08 09:51 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Ok girl I'm here for ya. I say just go to the doc and get it over with if not you'll set there and worry all day about what it could be and make your ibs worse. If it something little than it is you can go home and just relax and chill if its is a bug bite than they can give you something and you'll feel better soon. I think you can't put a price tag on a pice of mind. You should't be there alone not feeling good I know how scary that can be! let me know what you do. lots of hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
emmasmom(sheila)
ibs-c gas

#332318 - 07/12/08 09:53 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Go to the doc!

I hate going to the doctor, too, but hopefully they can tell you something helpful or tell you what to do to help the discomfort. even if they can't tell you exactly what it is.

#332319 - 07/12/08 09:57 AM
Nugget

thank you Snorkie....{{{hugs}}}. I'll probably go in to the doc.

#332320 - 07/12/08 09:58 AM
Nugget

Thanks for being here for me emmasmom....I really appreciate it. I will probably go in to the doc. I'll keep you posted.
{{{hugs}}} How are you doing?

#332325 - 07/12/08 10:48 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Head to the doc !!
It could just be an allergic reaction to a bug bite.In that case take Benydryll.It should help.
Don't get yourself too worked up.You admittedly didn't eat safe foods and that is probably screwing with your system.Take the weekend to have long baths watch chick flicks and eat all the pretzels you could ever ask for and not have to worry about your hubby counting the amount you eat!
Stay in your jammies and don't do any housework!Enjoy the peace and quiet cause it's back to being a maid and a mommy when he gets back!
Take care!
Chris

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#332328 - 07/12/08 11:32 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

I know everyone else has said the same thing, but DO go to the Doctor, and give us all an update when you return.

We are worried about you. I'm here if you need to chat {{{hugs}}}
So go now - BYE!!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#332329 - 07/12/08 11:38 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Poor baby...
That's a horrible feeling - being so sick - not knowing is it worth going to the ER and waiting and waiting...scares the crap out of me! And, there's not one of us who hasn't been scared at one time or another. Or, is it something minor. But, since you were possibly bitten by something - good thing to have it checked out - ticks/spiders or here in Florida, mosquitoes.... But, I also know if you are prone to allergies, it can cause swelling in your face, your ear (front and back), your lymph glands, your sinuses.... By the time we all get well or stable, we should have our Ph.D. in IBS! So, hang in there - follow your "gut instinct" and do it. I try to say a prayer for wisdom and then what comes to my mind - do it. I figure if I ask for it, then I should believe I recieve it!
Please let us hear back from you.... Hugs!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#332334 - 07/12/08 01:31 PM
Nugget

Thanks GaGa....I went to the clinic and the Doc ruled out kidney stones and a recurrant bladder infection (I had one a couple weeks ago). He seems to think the reason I feel so tired, etc. is the bug bite behind my ear. He said to get some OTC Zyrtec and some Alieve and give that a try. So I did and I just took them a few minutes ago. I hope this helps.
Thanks for your concern and support. {{{hugs}}}

#332335 - 07/12/08 01:35 PM
Nugget

Thanks Dragonfly....I went to the clinic and they think the bug bite behind my ear is making me feel tired etc. So they said to get some OTC Zyrtec and Alieve and give that a try. They ruled out kidney stones and a recurrant bladder infection (I had one a couple weeks ago). I just hate feeling crappy on such a nice weekend when I have lots that I want to accomplish. I told my husband I'd finish painting our new bathroom. He doesn't even know I have a bug bite because I didn't tell anyone. I just figured it was a sore spot from my sunglasses, but it never got better over the week. Plus, I feel like I've ALWAYS got something wrong with me and am tired of always being the one with something wrong. Ya know? So I just didn't tell anyone.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 110 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7556

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review