All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Scared.....alone.... new
      #332336 - 07/12/08 01:37 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Thanks Fancy....I did go to the doc and they think the bug bite is making me feel bad. I had to get some OTC Zyrtec and Alieve. So am waiting to see if that works. I think the Zyrtec is making me even more sleepy and a little dizzy. I hate this because it's such a pretty weekend and I had so much I wanted to get done.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Just a bug bite.... new
      #332341 - 07/12/08 06:11 PM
Nugget

Well, I went to the doc and they seem to think the bug bite is making feel this way. So he told me to get OTC Zyrtec and Alieve and give that a try for the bite and the swelling of the bite. I was thinking maybe my bladder infection that I had a couple weeks ago had come back or maybe kidney stones again...because whenever I have felt this tired before, it has been due to bladder infection or kidney stones. So they had me pee in a cup....and it was negative, thankfully. So after all that I left with instructions to buy over the counter stuff and was charged $80 for the doctor visit and $11 to pee in a cup...for a grand total of $91, plus the roughly $20 for the OTC meds. Wish I knew what bit me. Darn bugs! My husband still doesn't know. He won't be home until tomorrow and he hasn't called yet tonight. Don't know if it would even be worth it to tell him. His mother came by to show me one of her sewing projects this afternoon and I told her about my little bug bite incident and she didn't seem too interested or concerned. That's the same reaction I'll get from my husband, too. Not that I'm looking for an "Oh poor baby!" reaction....but, you know what I mean.

Re: Just a bug bite.... new
      #332351 - 07/13/08 06:33 AM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Just saw this post - I hope you're feeling better by now.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Re: Just a bug bite.... new
      #332352 - 07/13/08 06:59 AM
Nugget

Thanks Hawk....I'm feeling a bit better today...still a little tired, but better than yesterday.

#332360 - 07/13/08 10:07 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Hey Nugget!
I really hope you are feeling MUCH better today, and your bug bite has gone down!!

(((((HUGS))))))

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#332362 - 07/13/08 10:30 AM
Nugget

Hi Fancy....Yes, I'm doing better today. The bug bite has gone down a bit. It's now only the size of about a nickle instead of a quarter. So I'm going down in price. Ha! Not as tired, today....but still tired. {{{hugs}}}

#332363 - 07/13/08 10:37 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Awesome, Nugget!

Glad to hear you are feeling better!! Keep resting...maybe by tomorrow you will feel 100%!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#332370 - 07/13/08 01:10 PM
Nugget

Thanks Fancy....
Wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow. My husband is off until the first week in August! He is working, though, but it's on his schedule and it's something he enjoys. So it's not like he's sitting around watching TV and eating ice cream. Still wish I could take time off like that. Oh well.

#332402 - 07/14/08 06:08 AM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

Glad you're on the mend and that your reaction wasn't more serious. That can be scary stuff.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

#332408 - 07/14/08 07:19 AM
Nugget

Thanks Vettech....I'm a bit tired again today, but I didn't sleep very well last night either. Hubby was back home after being out of town for a couple days and he snored all night. So I slept half the night on the couch.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2057 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7623

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review