All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
Re: Soy yogurt new
      #332656 - 07/17/08 10:48 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

We all have our health "issues",even besides IBS, don't we? I'm sorry about your eyesight, but you seem very positive and self-motivated, which is worth a pat on the back! I have to remind myself frequently, I can dress myself, I can eat today, I can work today..... As my best friend says - if no one (family/friends) is in the hospital or dying - it is a GOOD DAY!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#332679 - 07/17/08 01:06 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Awww, Dee. I am so sorry you had to go through that. Kids can be so brutal sometimes. Heck, even adults can be brutal. Sounds like you have overcome some big hurdles...and look where you are now. Having fun with your grandkids! That's Awesome, Dee!!

Glad the questran is giving you your life back! Keep it up!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

What kind of soy yogurt do you eat? new
      #332717 - 07/17/08 05:51 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I'm with you! I really like soy yogurt. But I like almost all soy products a lot more than I thought I would. I looove soy icecream: So Delicious brand. If I didnt see that it said "totally vegan and soy" I wouldnt think it wasnt real icecream! I am wondering what kind of soy yogurt you eat? I found "Silk Live" yogurt with 6 live and active cultures but so far I have only found it at one grocery store (I havent been to Whole Foods yet). And Silk Live is completely lactose/dairy free. While I tried "O'Soy organic" yogurt and it is almost dairy free. The actual yogurt is but the "live and active cultures" are made in dairy. So I was really bummed and thought that that was so stupid to make a soy yogurt and then have the live cultures have dairy in them! But so far the trivial amount of dairy didnt bother me. I like the peach kind!

Stef

#332719 - 07/17/08 05:54 PM

Unregistered

Thanks for the support, girls
It has not been an easy journey by no means
People are so rude, and can be so hurtful
I have dealt with a lot of teasing, and amking fun of all my life
to se me you wuld never know therre is nothing wrong, as no one can tell I have a disability in my eyes. It is ust that is so frustrating to me is how cruel people are
I guess everyone has crosses to bear, and tis is mine
I ust keep thinking when I get to heaven I will have pefect vison, and be able to eat whateve food god serves and not have to worry about my weight or IBs. How awesome is that LOL
Ijust have so much sympathy for people and am real caring
because of all this
thanks a million
DeeDee

#332721 - 07/17/08 07:21 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

It doesn't make it any easier, but as I was once reminded... you would not have the kind, compassionate, caring heart you do - had you not gone through all you have. There's a saying "If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it." I'm with you - I'm looking forward to that new body - preferably a size 8 when we get to heaven!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Re: What kind of soy yogurt do you eat? new
      #332732 - 07/18/08 06:02 AM
fancymom

Hey Stef!
Yep. I eat the Silk Live soy yogurt too. I buy the extra large container of vanilla flavored...LOVE IT!!

--------------------
FancyMom

#332733 - 07/18/08 06:05 AM
fancymom

Hey!!
I'm hoping for a size 6!! HEheee...

I'm with Dee - I'm looking forward to being able to eat whatever I want and not worry about a belly ache!!

--------------------
FancyMom

Re: Ok, Girls...ready to go sugar free?!?! new
      #332974 - 07/22/08 07:15 AM

Unregistered

Well, I must confess I have been dong absolutely horible with going sugar free, and I am going back on the bandwagon starting right now
Help me. wy do I do this
I know sugar makes me feel so bad
Think I will ust eally be caeful today, and watch wht i eat. So far I ave had applesauce, and my questran with some sunny D as it tastes too bad to drink with wate.
Help me with what I am supposd to eat. there are so many foods which ae so good for you,and with my IBs I can't at them. Like lettuce, veggies fresh fruits, I can tolerae bananas, apple sauce and that is about it when it comes to fruit, nd I cannot live on that
I seem to be gaining weight insted of losing,and woner if he meds ae putting weight on me
I am discouaged for sure
Hugs, DeeDee

Re: Ok, Girls...ready to go sugar free?!?! new
      #332991 - 07/22/08 10:24 AM
fancymom

Sorry you are having such a hard time, Dee!

I'll tell you what I eat - in the mornings, I usually eat 2 slices ezekiel bread with either scrambled eggs, turkey bacon(sometimes both). OR A peice of fruit or two. Soy yogurt. OR Oatmeal with cinnamon, stevia, and a little almond milk.

Snacks - fruit or steamed veggies(yellow & zucchini squash, mushrooms, sweet or white potatoes, green beans, etc.) Also, sometimes snack on baked ruffles with home-made artichoke dip or hummus.

Lunch - deli meat Turkey sandwich on ezekiel bread, and some kind of broth based soup. OR home-made BBQ Chicken and steamed veggies. OR chicken or turkey dog with a little ketchup or mustard and some baked chips.

Dinner - Home-made spaghetti with turkey breast or shrimp and some sauteed veggies in it. I use the brown rice pasta noodles.

Ok. There are some ideas. Hope that helps!! Please try not to stress, I am here whenever you need me!

--------------------
FancyMom

OK.....count me in! new
      #332998 - 07/22/08 10:56 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

It's going to be hard, but I'm willing to give it a try for a week and see if I have more energy, etc. It will be a good test since I am a bachelorette right now with my husband working away from home for the time being. He will be doing that off and on for the next couple weeks.

It's going to be so hard to give up ALL sugar. It's in EVERYTHING! But I do need to join your crusade. My parents are both diabetic and it is Adult Onset. I'm not over weight and I get lots of exercise....mainly in the summer with yard work, etc.

So starting tomorrow....I'll do my best to cut some sugar out of my diet.

Wish me luck! And I'm proud of all of you who are doing this. You go girlfriends!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 178 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 197147

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review